Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on February 27, 2012
This is an excellent book, a must have for any DBA striving to understand and manager RAC. The only thing that is unclear to me is why is called a "handbook". It is a reference work which covers the entire area, from the installation, explanation of the components to the nitty gritty details of the cache fusion, dynamic resource mastering and PI blocks. This is not an easy book to read, it is written very densely and covers a lot of material. I am an experienced DBA, with more than 20 years of experience in the industry and it still took me time to read and digest this book to the satisfactory level. It is complete and it contains everything I always wanted to know about RAC but didn't dare to ask. That should have been the topic of the book. Once again, excellent, excellent book, a must have for any DBA dealing with the complexities of RAC.
on April 3, 2015
The book is helpful for understanding RAC infrastructure and qualifying 1Z0-058 certification. Cache Fusion is explained with very good examples and queries. The book does not have any questions at end of chapters to test your knowledge , but there are online resources for the same.
on May 14, 2016
Tecgnically well written, I used it for a RAC12 install and still found it relevant. Highly detailed and a good primer to read before moving forward as was in the my case. I think it is supplemental to the manuals and I liked it's flow.
on November 26, 2013
This book is a master piece on Oracle 11g RAC by Mr.GopalaKrishnan. The book has illustrated every step in dealing with Oracle RAC, right from Installation , managing , performance tuning and trouble shooting. This is the book for anybody who want to learn Oracle 11g RAC. I very highly recommend this book for every Oracle DBA dealing with RAC.
on July 9, 2015
Excellent book. Very good topics
on March 7, 2015
Its very good book. , it could be more better in details
on October 31, 2014
It is a good book, I need it for my job.
on January 1, 2015
i like this book
on April 21, 2013
Used it for a project and just gave me the Info I needed. I nightly recommend it if you want to catch up with 11g RAC
on May 13, 2016
Genrally, this is a "OK" book about Oracle RAC. I could have given it more stars if there are less mistakes in the book. And some sections of the book are really hard to understand - sometimes, I even wonder if those sections are written by another author.