- Series: Oracle Press
- Paperback: 524 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 1 edition (October 28, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071621822
- ISBN-13: 978-0071621823
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.9 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #854,114 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Oracle Essbase & Oracle OLAP: The Guide to Oracle's Multidimensional Solution (Oracle Press) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Featured IT certification guides sponsored by Pearson. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Complete Coverage of Oracle Essbase and Oracle OLAP
Written by renowned experts on both Oracle Essbase and Oracle OLAP, this exclusive Oracle Press guide explains the unique features and benefits of these powerful online analytic processing products. Oracle Essbase & Oracle OLAP: The Guide to Oracle's Multidimensional Solution provides the details you need to architect the OLAP solution that meets your requirements. Proven techniques for building robust applications and tuning and maintaining your OLAP environment are included in this authoritative resource. Real-world case studies illustrate the material presented.
- Learn OLAP concepts and history
- Understand OLAP as a key component of any business intelligence architecture
- Design and build Oracle OLAP analytic workspaces
- Plan and create Oracle Essbase databases
- Generate reports from Oracle OLAP, Oracle Essbase, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, and other tools
- Accelerate and enhance data warehouses with Oracle OLAP
- Use Oracle Essbase with performance management applications, including Oracle Hyperion Planning, Oracle Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management, Oracle Crystal Ball, and Oracle Smart Space
- Develop custom applications using Java APIs
- Configure, optimize, tune, and maintain Oracle Essbase and Oracle OLAP
About the Author
Michael Schrader is the director of BI Strategy at Oracle.
Dan Vlamis, founder of Vlamis Software Solutions, Inc., is a beta tester and customer advisory board member for Oracle BI and OLAP-related products.
Mike Nader is a global domain expert for Essbase and Analytics with Oracle's Enterprise Performance Management and Business Intelligence team.
Chris Claterbos is consulting manager for Vlamis Software, specializing in data warehousing and BI implementations.
Dave Collins has been working with Essbase as a consultant and instructor for more than 15 years.
Mitch Campbell is a global domain expert for Business Intelligence at Oracle.
Floyd Conrad has been working with Hyperion Planning as a customer and sales consultant for more than 15 years.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 92%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Can gain both theorectical insight and key concepts and understanding of how to use. How to's are step by step, with good screen shots.
Much better than other books on Essbase available to get a good grasp of Essbase as well as Oracle OLAP.
What I like about this book is that it is a no-nonsense book; there is no silly humor like the "Look Smarter Than You Are..." books on Essbase/Hyperion. This really covers the subject well, and is an easy read.