- File Size: 569 KB
- Print Length: 21 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing (March 2, 2013)
- Publication Date: March 2, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BNZMNFQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #423,523 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Orah Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The Orah left me wondering what I would do in that situation. The story is beautiful and touching with an ending that pleased me. What I love about short stories, and E.H. James does this so well, is when one grabs me and makes me wish it had been a full on story. I am already in love with the characters from such short yet rich details. A story can be 300 pages and not get your attention or, like this one, short yet captivating. I find it to be a true test of skill and unbelievable talent to hold me with so few pages. A job well done.
Elizabeth is sitting on a park bench thinking of her mother and how they would spend her birthday together each year, when an older gentleman comes and sits down beside her. They began to talk and her hands her an old pocket watch. The watch is a catalyst and both their lives are forever changed.
A great short read for those who love time travel or "Twilight Zone" fans.
As they talk, she tells him things that she has never told anyone. After their talk, he gives her a watch.
Read along as the watch takes her on a journey that changes everything that she thought she knew.
I received a pdf copy of this story in exchange for doing a review for the author. [...]
All of E.H. James stories are well written and enjoyable.
The problem with The Orah (not really) is that it leaves you wanting more, I got about three quarters through and was thinking "no, don't end it now".
The Orah was the first story I read but I literally devoured all of the other stories within hours.
I look forward to reading more from E.H. James.
Check out our full review by visiting www(dot)griffinshoney(dot)com
This story kept me guessing from being to end and when the ending came, it was so left wing! It's a story that grabs you and doesn't let you go. You have to know how it ends, great twists. Another fabulous short but sweet book.
Most recent customer reviews
The Orah is a short story Elizabeth and a strange old man she meets in the park.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alternate History
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alternative History