2 Year Personal Care Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Oral-B iO Series 8 Electric Toothbrush With 3 Brush Heads, Black Onyx
|Price:||($249.99 / Count) & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$30.00 (11%)|
- COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH ORAL-B iO REFILL HEADS
- You Will Receive 1 Oral-B iO Series 8 Black Onyx electric toothbrush, 3 Oral-B iO Ultimate Clean replacement brush heads, and a premium travel case
- PERFECT PRESSURE: Signals red when brushing too hard and green when brushing just right
- PERSONALIZED BRUSHING: Display screen helps motivate you and enables you to customize your brushing experience
- SENSATIONAL CLEAN: Redesigned dentist-inspired round brush head with twisted bristles reach every contour for a deep clean
- LIVE COACHING with VISIBLE TIMER: A.I. tracks where you are brushing and guides you to 100% coverage so you don't miss any zone, while the visible timer ensures you brush for the dentist-recommended 2 minutes
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Smart Pressure Sensor displays a red light when brushing too hard and green when brushing just right.
Delivers a uniquely personalized clean with an Interactive Color Display and 6 Smart Modes.
The Magnetic Charger quick-charges in ~3 hours.
The Oral B io series rechargeable toothbrush combines powerful, but gentle micro-vibrations with Oral B unique dentist-inspired round brush head design for a professional clean feeling every day. The smart pressure sensor helps to keep you from brushing too hard to protect your gums and enamel. Ai recognition using an interactive display helps guide you to your best clean for all areas of the mouth. A 2-minute quadrant timer comes built-in that pulsates every 30 seconds, ensuring a complete clean. The frictionless, smooth magnetic drive system transfers energy to the bristle tips for a clean that wows. Replace your Oral B io series replacement brush heads every 3 months For best results.
Product detailsStyle Name:iO8 Power Handle | Color:Black
- Product Dimensions : 7.01 x 3.94 x 9.96 inches; 1.16 Pounds
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- UPC : 069055128886
- Manufacturer : AmazonUs/PRFZ7
- ASIN : B088CL4RL2
Best Sellers Rank:
#62,726 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #3,329 in Oral Care Products
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The toothbrush arrived packed in a gorgeous, black box worthy of holding the finest in electronic devices. The packaging itself could help to make this a nice gift item. But, I was interested in the product’s capability to clean my teeth so I read the small, but comprehensive instruction pamphlet, charged up the battery, and began my test run. Before I begin with my observations, let me tell you that I have been using an older Oral-B electric toothbrush by Braun, a white handled, rechargeable unit which drives the brushes mechanically.
Here are the features that I like about the Oral-B iO:
1) The long battery power sustained between uses.
2) The indicator that shows percent of charge remaining after each use.
3) The sleek design and the cool, violet color of the unit.
4) The inductive charger.
5) The six settings: Daily Clean, Sensitive, Whiten, Gum Care, Intense, and Super Sensitive.
6) The color icons for each setting visible on a tiny screen beneath a translucent plastic cover.
7) The little icon that shows elapsed time along with a meme that ranges from grumpy (under a minute of brushing) to starry eyed smiley (over two minutes).
8) The sleek travel case that holds the handle plus one brush.
9) The brushes actuate so fast that it is hard to see what their motion pattern is. But, I looked inside the brush shaft and find that an up and down motion of an internal plunger is translated into clockwise and counter clockwise rotation of the brushes which makes them appear to be vibrating extremely fast. This, coupled with movement of the brush head by the individual should provide good cleaning and polishing action on the enamel while also stimulating gums and getting some food out from between the teeth.
These features were unimportant to me:
1) The Bluetooth connection feature. I am not enamored of over-complicating a simple process like brushing my teeth so I did not download the App that would enable the user to record and view statistics on their phone or computer related to how they brush their teeth. This might be important to a younger, data driven person. But, for me, it is one more unnecessary complication to life.
And, here are the features I do not care for with this toothbrush:
1)The high pitched vibration sound that rattles around inside my head in settings higher than super sensitive. Instead of having a therapeutic effect like the mechanical brush head on my older Oral-B, this whiny noise has the effect of making me get annoyed. Very annoyed.
2) The handle gets slippery when it gets wet. There is no rubberized or grippy surface. I have come to dislike this handle so much that I have quit using the toothbrush. I went back to using my more pleasant and mentally therapeutic old Oral B.
3) It is hard to find the on/off switch by feel.
4) The brush head is larger and more difficult to maneuver inside my mouth.
5) There is no way to easily identify brush attachments by user.
I just dropped another star in this updated review because I have stopped trying to adapt myself to this toothbrush.
- Unlike the classic Oral-B and it's rotating cleaning head, the new IO now uses "micro vibrations." To me it feels like I am now using a Sonicare electric toothbrush. Now I know this is personal preference, but I do not like the Sonicare - the few times I've tried it the Sonicare rattles my teeth with it's buzzing and makes brushing very unpleasant. I get the same feeling with the new Oral-B IO. I'm disappointed that Oral-B went this route with their new toothbrush.
- The charging stand is very unstable. There is no holder to speak of, the toothbrush just sits on top of a flat charger base. There is an internal magnet used in an attempt to hold the toothbrush to the base, but by no means is the toothbrush "locked into place." Prepare for the IO to get knocked to the counter or the floor every time you brush against it.
- The IO includes a fancy customizable RGB LED light that also lets you know if you are brushing too hard or not hard enough, but there is nothing to identify brush heads like on the classic model. This makes it less suitable for shared use by a couple or family. (The classic has colored rings that can be used for this purpose.)
- Replacement IO brush heads currently cost about double what OEM classic brush heads cost.
Overall disappointing for an "update." The new features (bluetooth, phone app, LED lighting) really don't improve my brushing experience, and the items noted above break things that weren't broken before. Perhaps those who like the Sonicare ultrasonic (buzzing) method may appreciate this toothbrush more than I do.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.