Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oral-B ProfessionalCare 8900 DLX OxyJet Oral Care Center
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on July 23, 2007
Feels like I just stepped out of the dentist's chair! I had beginning stages of gum disease and after using it for a few weeks the bleeding stopped and no more problems.
on August 23, 2007
I have been wanting to upgrade my old original Oral B electric toothbrush to the newer higher speed versions out now....

Solicited via email by AMAZON/Oral B to spend $129 on Oral B Braun products and receive a $50 AMAZON gift credit during the month of August.( have yet to receive it 8/23 today)

I bit...

The Oral B ProfessionalCare 8900 DLX OxyJet Oral Care Center

is a combo unit that I had hoped would not only replace my old brush but also replace my old "WATER PIK"

NO WAY!! the brush is excellent! really an improvement over the original...but the "OXY JET" irrigator? is by no means a replacment for my old trusty Water Pik...which is far more powerful and gets in between my teeth and into the spots where only floss was thought to go!

The OXY JET is down right wimpy! weak...no matter which head or speed setting I choose...It just does not have the blasting power I need!

Franlkly I should fwd this to the company...it truly is poor!
on March 16, 2014
I LOVE MY TOOTHBRUSH/WATER JET COMBINATION! I'VE HAD MANY ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSHES AND WATER PIKS BUT NEVER COMBINED, AND NEVER HAD ANYTHING THAT MAKES ORAL HYGIENE SO PLEASURABLE THAT I ENJOY AND LINGER OVER THE PROCESS. MY HYGIENIST NOTED IMPROVEMENT IN MY GUM HEALTH AFTER JUST 6 MONTHS USE! RECEDING GUMS WERE REVERSING AND REALLY SURPRISED MY DENTIST! SO, BEING THE CARING MOTHER THAT I AM, I ORDERED ONE FOR MY SON IN TEXAS. NOW HIS DENTIST IS NOTING THE SAME KIND OF IMPROVEMENTS. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ORAL CARE CENTER. ORAL-B IS THE BEST! ALSO, THE DIFFERENT BRUSH HEADS ARE GREAT! YOU MAY NOT PREFER THE ONE I DO, BUT I RECOMMEND TRYING ALL AND STICKING TO THE ONE YOU ENJOY THE MOST.
on February 22, 2015
They function as designed. My only concern is the brush vibrates so darn violently, I concerned it will loosen my capped front teeth. It happened to a friend shortly after starting to use this and cost several thousand to replace. While not sure this machine did it, I figure no need to vibrate those teeth so violently.
I stopped using mine.
on July 6, 2013
Both, the rotary brush and the water pick are great; four stars. But the whole package is flimsy. The lid hinges have long since broken during normal handling while traveling. The designers need a refresher in up-to-date materials science. Worse, and these days totally inexcusable, is the fact that the power supply is limited to 110V a-c, which makes the package totally useless for the, even occasional traveler. Oral-B products are made and, presumably, designed in Germany where they have 220V a-c power just like in much of the rest of the world. One would think that those German designers would use a 110 - 220V power supply as a matter of course. With power supplies like this being basically commodities, they don't even have the excuse of cost.

Again, I love the functionality, but the broken lid hinge is bad enough. The single voltage capability of the power supply is a killer in my book.
on December 28, 2014
This is the best product ever and it seems to have been discontinued. My irrigaror side stopped working and im so disappointed i cant get anymore. Im calling oral b tomorrow to see what they have to say. If anyone knows anything about this please respond to my review.
on October 13, 2009
We got one of these in middle of September, 2007 through Amazon. It didn't get heavy use and sat in the same place for two years. The water pik device started leaking last month and I called Braun/Oral-B/Procter Gamble today and spoke to an unpleasant person and then her even more unpleasant boss. After I groused about the bad design (you can easily see why it sprang a leak) she told me it only has an expected lifetime of three years anyway, but they'd send me a new one if I sent them the receipt. I (amazingly enough) found the email receipt and called back with the reference number she'd given me. Oops, no reference number. Oops, the supervisor who gave me the info is on the phone. Oops, you can't email it, you have to fax it. Oops, we can't tell you how long it'll take to get the new one. Oops, the warranty is out anyway because we only have a record of this call...it's clear what Braun and Oral-B's customer service job is.

Don't be foolish enough to buy this...too expensive and too flimsy.
on December 16, 2008
This is the second one of these I have purchased. I wore the first one out. The toothbrush is the same one that can be purchased separately and is very efficient, thorough and easy to use. The irrigator is what makes this unique. Unlike other irrigators that deliver a concentrated stream which can be painful to the gums, the flow from this is diffused but still quite effective at dislodging food left in the gum pockets. I was warned by my dentist over 15 years ago that I could have problems with deepening gum pockets but I have been able to maintain the depths with even some improvement with this equipment (and floss).

Hope this doesn't come under the "too much information" category !
on August 29, 2013
I LOVE THIS. Having it all in one makes it so much easier not to skip a step in oral hygiene. I'm still amazed at how much the water jet gets stuff out from between your teeth and you are unaware of. My gums and teeth our healthy thanks to this and it takes up so little room compared to having 2 separate appliances.
on April 14, 2011
My friend and I both bought one of these when they first came out about 10 years ago. He felt he was ready for a replacement (mine is still going strong) and couldn't find one in any store. We were thrilled to find it on Amazon. I bought it for him for Christmas. I think I still have another 5 years left on my old one. The battery is still strong after 10 years, and battery replacements are available. I hope they're still available then. I just love mine.