The Orange Chef Prep Pad- Smart Food Scale, Silver
|Price:||$59.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Get an accurate breakdown of calories, fat, protein and carbs in your meals- whether Packaged or Home Made
- Access a food library of more than 300,000 items with the added ability to scan barcodes
- Track and log meals
- 1 year battery life, 4 AAA batteries (included), Bluetooth 4.0 (w/ single button auto-connect)
- Requires iPad 3 or newer, any iPad mini, any iPad Air, iPhone 4S or newer and iOS 7 or newer; Device requires internet connection
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Prep Pad : The smart way to eat healthier
Know what you're eating
Prep Pad is the smart food scale that gives you real-time insight into your nutrition with an accurate breakdown of Carbs, Protein, Fats, and other essential nutrients.
Track and Log Meals
Create balanced meals, add up calories, and track your progress as you learn more about what you eat. Prep Pad works with the free Countertop app, so you can navigate, save, and share your nutritional and culinary endeavors in the kitchen.
Beautiful and sturdy design
Prep Pad is thin enough to be stored in a kitchen drawer, but beautiful enough to keep on display. Carved from a single piece of aluminum, Prep Pad is engineered to be robust, supporting up to 15 pounds of weight and measuring accurately down to the gram.
Give the gift of healthy eating
Wrap up a Prep Pad for yourself or a loved one, and see how easy it is to start eating your way to a healthier life.
Prep Pad gives you real time nutritional insight into home cooked and store bought meals, taking the guesswork out of knowing the protein/carb/fat ratio.
It is a fully customizable nutritional tool, whether your goal is to lose weight, gain muscle or to simply eat healthier- Prep Pad is the difference between making a New Year’s resolution, and keeping it.
- Accurate breakdown of Calories, Carbs, Protein, Fat, Vitamins, and Minerals
- 300,000+ item food database
- Syncs with Jawbone Up band
Compare to similar items
This item The Orange Chef Prep Pad- Smart Food Scale, Silver
Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale Multifunction Food Scale, 11lb 5kg, Silver, Stainless Steel (Batteries Included)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Sandrews Retail Heaven||Greater Goods™||Etekcity||Online King||Amazon.com||ShopLadder|
|Item Dimensions||8.4 x 11.5 x 1.7 in||6.1 x 9.25 x 1 in||0.71 x 7.09 x 5.51 in||1.75 x 8.25 x 6 in||1.77 x 7.3 x 7.28 in||6 x 9.75 x 0.75 in|
Prep Pad + Countertop Prep Pad is the smart food scale that gives real-time nutritional insight into your food through a customized Balance goal and beautiful visualizations of calories, carbs, protein, and more. Meet your kitchen nutritionist,skip the fads, get the facts. Get an accurate nutritional breakdown of the meals you make at home with the simple-but smart-food scale, Prep Pad, and its partner app, Countertop. Set nutritional goals, make and log your meals, and track your progress to health.
Top customer reviews
My frustration in using the prep pad is that more than 30% of the time, it doesn't know the food I'm looking for so I have to choose a food that is similar. Similar defeats the purpose of this level of tracking!
Another disappointment with the prep pad is that the scan feature is seldom able to identify an item that I scan. This is again something that MFP accomplishes easily.
I originally thought the feature of adding everything into one bowl was a good idea until the prep pad froze and starting over wasn't an option because it was already mixed together.
At this point in time, my prep pad is an expensive counter ornament. It is too inconsistent to be of any true help. I am able to accomplish my goals of weighing and measuring my meals using my digital scale and MFP app more successfully than with the prep pad. The prep pad seems to be more of a Betta product at this time and certainly not a worthy tool.
Overview: Billed as an easy to use platform that allows you to add ingredients and keep track of total calorie count, it is in fact confusing and a pain to use. Eventually, after watching all the vids, and reading all the manuals, I still found little use for any function other than the standard scale function.
1) Integration - It doesnt integrate with the most heavily used platforms. I use Runtastic apps for fitness, and MyFitnessPal to track calories. This integrates with neither even though they are two of the most heavily integrated api's out there. Dozens of other products work with them, and using this as intended requires you to double entry your food if you use them. This is extra work for something that supposed to make life easier.
2) Accuracy/Latency - You have to be patient as you use it in a cumulative recipe fashion. It can take several seconds for the result to show up on the phone. In addition, I have noticed differences for OZ measurements off by up to .5 and ounce between weighs. A little strange given it is supposed to be a smart appliance.
3) Suggestions - And where were these to be found? It was supposed to suggest meals to make and give you step by step instructions on how to do it. I would have loved to try that. No dice.
Overall, you are better off buying a simple scale and using MyFitnessPal with it for a fraction of the price. If you are in a weight loss cycle I just bought an accurate one for 10 bucks here on amazon to exchange for this one, which as we speak was waiting on my desk for a nice UPS man to whisk it away to the land of refunds and recycled products.
Most recent customer reviews
You are literally paying for a brick.