OrangeX 17343 OJex Juicer, Cobalt
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made of cast iron and 18/10 stainless steel
- Rubberized handle
- Additional fruit attachment for juicing grapes, berries, tomatoes and other soft fruits
- 7 year warranty
- Winner of the Year- 2000 Industrial Design Excellence Award
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
Well, I juiced exactly _3_ 3-inch diameter oranges. On the 4th orange, a critical cast-iron piece on one of the 2 right-hand hinges broke.
Other review comments concerning difficulty of cleanup are accurate. I would add that the metal strainer has edges that seemed quite sharp, making cleanup potentially dangerous.
I would not recommend this juicer under any circumstances.
1. You absolutely must have some upperbody strength to exert the required force and control the lever action. While my wife had a bit more difficulty, she was able to squeeze the oranges just fine. Also, operation may not be comfortable for left-handed individuals, as the lever is on the right-side of the machine and your free (left) hand must rest on the top of the unit to prevent excessive force from jolting the machine.
2. When rotating the lever, do so SLOWLY, as rapid motion can lead to spraying juice from the orange, loss of control of the unit, or both.
3. Do not use the machine for 1 glass of juice. You'll spend less time and effort using a simple plastic pulper over a glass.
4. Do not use this machine for 1 gallon of juice or more. If you're making that much juice, consider an industrial automatic model ($2000 and up), or just get used to that juice out of the carton.
5. Be sure to read the directions before using. It really helps to know how all four removable pieces attach/detach when cleaning up. Clean up is as simple as rinsing/wiping with a sponge and replacing into machine. Really takes no more than 15 seconds.
6. Leave the machine on your counter if possible. Your lower back will thank you.
7. Purchase good quality juicing oranges.Read more ›
Save yourself some aggravation, and just buy the OrangeX mid-size commercial juicer. Same company, but a MUCH better product. I've had one for several months now, and LOVE it. Yes, it's bigger. Yes, it's more expensive. But it'll do what you want - juice your citrus quickly and easily, with super easy cleanup.
I've read that some people tip it over....I don't see how. It's never happened to me. I guess if you pull very hard there is that possibility but that will happen with any appliance with a handle that isn't anchored to the counter top. I simply pull down on the handle slowly and it pulverizes the orange leaving nothing but juice. It's actually a very satisfying task for some reason...it just feels good.
This is a unit for making 1-4 glasses of juice. If you frequently need more juice than this you may want to get a heavier duty juicer or an electronic unit.
Clean up is nothing. Take the extraction cup out and attachment and give it a 10 second hot water rinse and you are done. The top plastic piece (covers the top of the fruit) easy turns and slides out. This and the round piece for placing your glass/cup to catch the juice may need to be rinsed every few uses. The edges are thin and somewhat sharp so handle with care.
My only knocks on this is that the unit is quite heavy so you are not going to like moving it around but that is part of makes it so cool. Also I find on occasion if you are handling oversized fruit the clearance between the extraction cup and the top of the unit which crushes the fruit is a little tight and you have to mess with a bit to place the fruit in there. Both of these are minor things.
I love mine
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My orangex juicer broke at the cast iron elbow and a cast joint on the opposite side broke. I was heartbroke and there s no warrenty.Published on January 30, 2013 by sss
Basically all the negative reviews about this product are true. I would recommend this juicer to anyone who is looking to build upper-body strength while making juice, because the... Read morePublished on December 25, 2010 by Christian Font
my husband bought me an orangex juicer 5 years ago. i love the thing. i can see how it's not for everyone, though. Read morePublished on January 19, 2010 by deedee
It sucks and that's about all you need to know. I echo most everything that many others have written; it's poorly balanced and mine also broke after limited use.Published on March 28, 2009 by Jason S. Woodward