Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 576 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 711 reviews
on August 15, 2016
I bought this to replace my old Orbit 6 zone timer. The timer was down in the basement and it was a pain in the but going up and down the stairs every time I wanted to turn a zone on, like after applying fertilizer. This, I figured would be great; being able to control everything from my I-pad or I-phone. Once I got it talking to my WiFi it worked like a charm. Be forewarned, one of the little idiosyncrasies they don't tell you is that it will only work with a 2.5 GHz WiFi router and it sometimes has a problem with WEP encryption. I worked a full day on Sunday with no success. I started again on Monday morning with no success again. I finally called Orbit customer service and was told about the problem with anything other than a 2.4 GHz WiFi and the potential problems with WEP encryption. I had to call my ISP and found out my router was 2.4 GHz so that wasn't a problem. I did have a 128 bit WEP key. Long story short, it finally worked when I put the key in in HEX and selected WEP from the advanced settings menu. It seems that it couldn't handle the 128 bit key in ASCII. Now everything seems to be working and my wife and I have the app connecting on our I-Pads. Orbit should put something some where about the router issues and the WEP problems. I hope some one finds this helpful.
1212 comments| 315 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2017
Amazing! Took me 3 minutes to setup the box and another 5 minutes to test the zone and take pictures of the yard and link the pictures to the zones. I recommend typing the product name into YouTube so you can watch a setup video intact do this before you order. The video gives a lot of detail on the features. One thing I really like is that you can use this system as a normal sprinkler box if you ever have wifi/phone issues. That can not be said for the top competitor.

As far as time saving, I can be standing in front of a sprinkler and turn it off and on to fix or troubleshoot. No more running back and forth.
on December 28, 2016
This thing is great, especially for the price. Does everything I need and the one button set and forget nature of it was a relief. Installed very easily and connected to my home network without any problems. So far been a couple months and I still show off to people how I can turn my sprinklers on and off remotely from anywhere (I'm easily entertained). I've easily convinced at least two other people to buy one of these. Very much recommended.
on May 31, 2017
Having an old Rain Bird Analog rotary controller, I was looking to upgrade to a modern WiFi Controller so I would no longer be running down the basement to turn on and off the Rain Delay. I was keeping an eye on a competing product to this, but wasn't crazy about the competitors' $200.00 price tag. So when this Orbit Controller came to market with the same features at half the price, it immediately had my attention.

I waited a few months to let some reviews trickle in and once I felt comfortable, I went for it. It is a one piece assembly in a weatherproof box for indoor or outdoor mounting. I opted for the 6 zone controller as currently I only have 3 zones, with plans to add one more zone for a feature garden in front of my house. Ultimately, the decision was made to keep it inside where the old one was, since I had a power outlet right there. The power cord is about 6 feet long so if you need some length, no worries. Installation took all of 5 minutes. Take a photo of the old wires, which was a Green Common, and Red, White, and Blue wires for zones 1, 2, and 3, respectively. I removed the wires from the old controller with a small flathead screwdriver, unplugged the old controller, removed from the wall, and cleaned it up and put it away to keep as a "backup" since it still worked fine. I removed the old plastic anchors and screws from the wall, popped in the new ones and had the Orbit controller hung on the wall. Then I passed the wires through the grommet in the bottom of the case, and connected them to the Common, 1, 2, and 3 terminals. Couldn't have been any easier.

I didn't bother to program anything at the controller because the app was so easy. I set up a log-in with my e-mail address, connected it to my WiFi, and then I programmed a manual schedule as I don't want to use the "Smart Watering" feature. I couldn't believe how easy and fast it was. Literally, the whole process took MINUTES.

The Alexa compatibility is cool. Definitely a combination of "Wow Factor" and befuddlement from anyone around when I ask "Alexa, ask b-Hyve to water the lawn" and my sprinklers run. Nice touch, but the app control is easy as pie too. Works over a cellular connection too so if you're not home you can flip your sprinklers on anytime.

The best feature of this controller, however, is its integration with the weather forecast. It automatically schedules rain delays with ZERO input from the user. Want to override the rain delay? Simple click of ONE button when you open the app. I have mine set to run Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 3AM (don't water in the evening, you don't want root rot, and don't water when the suns up or it will evaporate!). In the 3 weeks I have had this controller, my sprinklers have only run TWICE because of the weather integration. It looks at how much rain you've gotten and is forecast, and does its thing. At this rate, it will pay for itself in one spring/summer with water savings alone. I couldn't be happier. You can set Notifications in the app to tell you when a Rain Delay is automatically set, when a Watering program has run, and a few other things. Love it! The app has a calendar in it so you can look back and see what days have been watered. You can take a picture of each zone so if you have multiple zones, you wont forget what number is what. You can also go into the app and run any zone you want for any time, great for adjusting or repairing sprinkler heads or chasing birds off the lawn! Run zone 2 for one minute, no problem. Highly recommended.
on May 28, 2017
Ordered at noon - delivered at 7pm and installed, configured and running by 7:30pm - Wow that's what Amazon is about and this product is that easy to setup. The longest part was taking off the old timer which was stuck to the wall.

I really liked how easy it was to connect and then do the "Smart" setup on each zone. It even walks you through each zone testing it for 1 minute so you can label them correctly - no need to label wires anymore, just plug and go!

Obviously time will tell how good this thing is as it's only been a day but if the setup is any indication, I think I'm really going to enjoy having this as part of my Smart home. I also connected it with Alexa - but still TBD on the value of that and how will it works.
on June 12, 2017
Easy install and super easy setup. I really enjoy having control over my UGS on my phone. So instead of running back to the panel to manually turn on my sprinklers I can do it from my phone and saves all the back and forth. It also utilizes local weather to adjust watering. If it's raining it will delay so you do not have waste run off. I also have this linked to my Alexa and can control the sprinklers via voice command. I have not played with the Smart Water feature as I am too nervous. Smart Water utilizes input factors to determine watering frequency and duration. So far it wants to water my lawn once per week for an hour per zone. I have 6 zones and feel this us a bit excessive but you never know.
review image review image
on July 18, 2017
My old Rainbird box was a pain in the butt. Hard to program, and it would reset itself all the time. This box is the exact opposite. Easy to install, and once the app is up and running, you are in business. I can test my heads while I am standing behind them, and can control the watering from my lawn chair.

I like the Smart Watering feature, but be aware that the rain delays are implemented when rain is in the forecast, and the change in schedule holds if that rain never actually comes. When the phantom rain is forecast, I manually program a watering schedule, and the app will protest but will dutifully follow orders.
on July 13, 2017
I've been pretty happy with this controller and the associated app. Installation was pretty simple and once everything was synced up via wifi I haven't had any issues with the smart watering or its ability to control each zone. The only limitation is that if you have a zone that has a mix of different plants, you will have to choose a type and work from there. Having your zones set up in a way that is more granular to a specific type of plant would yield better results. That being said, I haven't had issues with it over or under watering.
on May 11, 2017
Installation & connection to iPhone and Android tablet was a breeze.
So far I've used it for 1 scheduled watering cycle. 2nd cycle will be tomorrow, but I don't expect any problems.
The 'test' mode will be very handy for remotely turning on/off the lines to look for any broken sprinklers- much better than running around the house to shut off the water because of a broken head.

Also, this timer has a lot more flexibility than my old timer. I am planning to install sod in a small 20x20 area and this will be perfect for creating a 2nd/3rd water time just for that area.

If I were to complain about anything, it would be the size of the timer box.
It's a lot bigger than my old timer, so I need to find a different spot on the wall to mount it. Not a big deal really.
on June 19, 2017
Works great! It took me a few weeks to write a review as we went through a rainy time in Houston, and all the system did was Not water my lawn due to rain delay. Once the rains stopped the system works perfectly. I also have it connected to Alexa, so I can start different programs by voice command. For example, neighbors dog comes to dooky on my front lawn, and I tell b-hyve to run program A. And the dog gets hosed. Works great!

Set up was fairly simple. Not sure if I set the smart watering settings exactly right, but they are very easy to change from my phone. It's also pretty cool when I'm checking all my sprinklers for proper operation. Instead of running back and forth from the garage, I can run a quick test from my phone.

Overall, after about a month of operation, I have been very happy.