|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
Orbs III: Redemption (A Post Apocalyptic Science Fiction Survival Thriller) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Kindle Feature Spotlight
|Length: 318 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have a few minor comments about “Orbs III, Redemption:”
- Nick states that “Noble believed that all men were created equal. In war, that meant either side could win.” I disagree. Not all men are equal on the battlefield. There are significant differences in motivation, training, leadership, and equipment.
- Sergeant Harrington’s “simple principle – always do the right thing” is sound guidance for us all.
- Nick’s inclusion of the term “quinolone” was a good use of a medical term.
- AI Alexia asks itself the questions: “Why did they come to Earth long after their own civilization was destroyed? And why Earth?” I had been asking myself those same questions since the beginning of the trilogy. Alas, there was no answer.
- Nicks’ allusion to the horsemen of the apocalypse was a nice touch.
- It was never made clear to me what was to be gained by flying the Sunspot to Mars and using the terraformers to make Mars inhabitable. What would keep the aliens from returning to Mars?
- The ending of the trilogy was not entirely satisfying. I hope that Nick will write another series as a follow-on to thise trilogy.
I look forward to reading more works by Nick.
Wow, I thought book 2 left me breathless, but whoa, this one was non stop!! Talk about action packed!!! My poor heart couldn't keep up with everything that was going on. Not only did something happen the biosphere, but they found hope! They have found alien poles on the highest summits of mountains around the world. They hope that the weapon they created will disrupt the signal, thus giving them time to attack them and the alien ships. They also found encrypted messages from different bases from when the attack first happened, but one stands out because it was sent after. It's from Offutt Air Force Base and this base may hold the answer to getting survivours off of earth.
As I said, the pacing was extremely fast paced! So much happens that I was on the edge of my seat throughout. I kept imagining it as a movie while reading, and I honestly think it would make an amazing one!! The author really brings the scenes to life with his descriptive writing and any time I hear a scratch/scrap sound, my first thought will be alien spiders!!!
My emotions were spent while reading this! The characters I've come to love are put into situations that had my emotions all over the place. A sign of a good book is one where you become invested in the lives of the characters, and I was invested! Sophie, Rodriguez, Noble, the boys... all of these have captured my heart. I was rooting for them the whole way through.
In all, the 3rd book was amazing. It was action packed, exciting, entertaining, well written and developed and held my attention till the breath taking end. I really can not wait to dive into the final book later today!!
I love the fact that this book ended as it did, I just need it to not be the final ending. Too many questions that I need answered. This has been a dark twisted tale that led me places where I KNEW what was coming next and... wait a minute, that DIDN’T happen. How did that now happen? I absolutely loved that even as I wanted to yell at the author. I sat there going ‘no. That did NOT wan’t how that was supposed to go!’ However that was exactly how it went. Every time. Love this book and the series just keep getting better. I’ll be pre-ordering 4 just as soon as it’s available!!
This third book continues the fight with Dr. Sophie Winston, Dr. Emmanuel Rodriguez, and Captain Noble as humanity is at the end of their survival options. Beautifully written with incredibly detailed characters, the end of life on Earth will not be given up easily.
I highly recommend this entire series to anyone who enjoys an excellent sci-fi tale filled with suspense, action and determination. Outstandingly well done!
Most recent customer reviews
The penultimate of the series.Read more