Orca Tactical Military Molle Backpack Small Army Salish 34L 1 or 2 Day Survival Bug Out Bag Rucksack Pack
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- TONS OF SPACE: Tactical backpack DIMENSIONS 11" x 18" x 2" with good size 34L capacity. Best used as a 1 - 2 day bug out bag or backpack. Two (2) larger compartments to hold bulkier items and two (2) front compartments to hold smaller accessories . Main compartment features a mesh pocket and zippered pocket for storage and an elastic band to secure clothing.
- BUILT TOUGH: Military backpack is made from 600D polyester material. Special coating makes our backpack for men both WATER-RESISTANT and SCRATCH-PROOF. Tactical assault backpack is double stitched at all stress points. Equipped with high quality YKK zippers with nylon pulls that are rust resistant and tough.
- UPGRADES: Molle backpack has equipped, functional side MOLLE. Fit any MOLLE accessory with 2 straps on the pack's side. Bug out bag compression straps include an elastic band to keep straps organized and not dangling all over the place. Waist strap ends are folded and sewn over to keep from sliding through the buckles.
- COMFORT: Assault pack has double stitched, padded shoulder straps and back area with mesh backing for comfort, ventilation, and strength during carry. Easy adjustable waist straps with double sewn ends to keep the waist strap from sliding loose through the buckles.
- BACK COMPARTMENT: Bug out bag contains a back compartment. Store up to a 1.5L water bladder, laptop, or use for concealed carry. Great as a hiking, hunting, survival, school, or camping backpack.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Overall Backpack Size: 11" X 18" X 12"
Best Use: 1 - 2 day backpack
The Orca Tactical SALISH 34L MOLLE Military Style Backpack is our medium sized tactical style Assault Backpack. Made from durable 600D polyester material, our backpacks have a special Water Resistant and Scratch Proof coating to give it extra durability to withstand any harsh environment. High quality dual zippers with nylon pulls on each compartment, keep contents secure and tight. Whether you use this pack as a survival Bug Out Bag, hiking Rucksack, School Backpack, or Assault Pack to carry into the field, the size, flexibility, and comfort built in makes this pack a top choice for most any outdoor need.
This tactical backpack features 2 padded larger compartments and 2 smaller compartments on the front. The padded main compartment contains a mesh pouch and a separate zipper pouch for extra storage. It also includes an elastic band to secure clothing or other larger items. The 2nd compartment contains 2 mesh pouches and a 3rd larger pouch for holding smaller accessories.
The 2 front pouches contain internal pockets perfect for holding small accessories, tactical gear, or personal items.
This Assault Backpack is MIL-SPEC MOLLE compatible. MOLLE webbing is located 1 inch apart on the front and sides, except on the top front accessory pocket. This is perfect for attaching MOLLE pouches or any other type of MOLLE compatible tactical gear. The pack includes Velcro MOLLE webbing so you can attach your favorite Morale patch
* Padded Backing
* Breathable, Mesh Padded, Contoured Shoulder Harnesses
* Hydration Bladder compartment. Holds up to a 2.5L water bladder (not included) or 13" laptop
* Opening for a Water Bladder Hose
* Comfortable Waist and Chest Straps
* INCLUDES: Orca Tactical Logo Morale Patch
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
PROS FOR BOTH:
PRICE! As well as quality fabric, MOLLE webbing, and pretty good zippers. All zips are double zippers. The hip belt webbing is thick enough that even without padding it is pretty comfortable to wear. Design - the large storage compartment can unzip completely like a suitcase, very handy for accessing things in there. The quality is way above and beyond for the price.
CONS FOR BOTH:
I had to dig a bit but IMO there are two small things that make this a little less than perfect. Perfect to me is the quality of materials found in backpacks such as those sold at REI - which cost between $100-$200. These may not even be cons to some people.
1. the padding in the shoulder straps is light-duty. There is some foam in there, probably between 1/8" to 1/4" thick. I have not loaded this with a lot of weight yet but I would guess that padding would compress down under load and you would start to feel a nylon strap pressing into your shoulder.
2. The backs of these have little or no structure to them, just some of the foam padding, similar to that used in the shoulder straps. There may be a very thin layer of hard plastic in there but if so it is barely detectable. There are pockets inside and out that run parallel to the back - if one so desired I suppose you could put something in there for more rigidity.
I can easily ignore these in light of the price point, but am posting just for reference.
COMPARISON (see images. Tecate and Binder are for scale)
While about 90% the same, there are two major differences between these packs that I could find.
1. The 34L pack has a vertical buckled strap that goes vertically down the outside of the pack. The 40L does not have this.
2. The 34L pack has a zippered pocket behind the padding that touches your back while the 40L has a pouch with a couple velcro tabs. I'm not really sure what you would use that pocket for anyway since it is going to be right against your sweaty back.
I found that Orca Tactical was now selling tactical bags, and the 34L seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. I already owned the 40oz Hydration Carrier, and the First Aid utility pouch from Orca, and was really impressed with them. It wasn't a hard decision to purchase the pack.
This pack is a beast. Yes, it may appear small at first glance, but do not let that fool you. It could easily hold almost as much as a full assault pack. The materials are sturdy, and it sits comfortably with help of the 3D mesh padding on the straps. There are also numerous pockets for stashing an assortment of items such as pens and notebooks.
The only improvement I have for the pack, is that I wish it had elastic bands that you can wrap up the excess straps with. A pet peeve of mine is loose straps, and there's alot of them on this pack. But I can fix that with 100mph tape so no loss.
Orca Tactical is a great company with great customer service. Looking at all the other companies selling similar packs, you'll find that many of them will have small deficiencies reported by some. You won't have that problem with Orca as they truly care about their customers.
Thanks Orca. You have a lifetime customer.