Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on December 12, 2013
The authors would advance John Rawls's liberal political thought, using what they regard as lofty terms, to bemuse innocent readers. But I think they confound themselves.

For example, quoting Page 2, governance they propose "appreciates the value of diversity in our morally pluralistic constitutional democracy." I exclude myself from their "our" because I appreciate a republican form of government--the rule of law--and adamantly oppose "democracy." I oppose "diversity," which contradicts We the People of the United States as defined in the preamble to the US Constitution.

Again on Page 2, they propose "toleration as respect, together with the capacity for responsibility and the substantive moral goods furthered by securing such rights." I adamantly oppose both toleration and respect, especially if directed toward my opinion: I require appreciation, because my opinion is hard earned opinion.

I want to fulfill the preamble to the US Constitution, which I paraphrase as follows: Citizens who want to fulfill seven stated goals govern the United States of America. The preamble defines proponents: We the People of the United States. I consider the seven goals as stated specific to 1788, when the preamble was ratified by the nine required states. The single word adaptations I propose for 2014 are: integrity, justice, civility, defense, diligence, liberty, and continuity. I want to debate these ideas with US citizens, not with the world's diversity for now.

I consider this book helpful in considering the liberal mind, which I oppose to favor We the People of the United States.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
Linda McClain is a life-long scholar and legal expert in the field of women's issues and family law. Since Linda, at age 12, first drafted a petition in her 7th grade class to get her principal to allow the girls at her school to wear pants to school in the cold Ohio weather, she has always believed in and advocated equal rights for women. Her husband and co-author James Fleming is a noted scholar in the field of constitutional law. The two of them have combined their strengths to collaborate on this timely work that discusses the social issues of abortion, gay marriage, and the delicate balance between individual rights and the government's proper role in encouraging civic virtue and the development of responsible social behavior.