Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on August 3, 2013
MicroSD only. I bought a full size SD card for this class 10, so I had to pull the one from my cell instead.
As said before you can't copy files and charge at the same time.
Needs a firmware upgrade, but it works fine with the old firmware.
The mounts are great, but not so good for a dog collar. Better with a dog harness.
Picks up every vibration sound and loud sound when mounted to a bike.
Other than that it's better than the GoPro in every way.
I'm doing a video review that can be found on my youtube channel usacomputertec.
on May 9, 2011
I got some really great amateur snorkeling video up until I lost the camera. Fortunately I had downloaded it before loosing it. I had the camera attached to the strap base with a lanyard which was attached to my wrist. While swimming the strap base detached from the camera. When I reached for the camera to do some recording the lanyard was attached to my wrist and the camera base. The camera was gone. So somewhere on a beach in Hawaii or floating in the Pacific ocean is a perfectly good ATC9K camera. Reading other reviews I find that the attachment system for this camera is weak so be cautious with it.
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2012
I bought this helmet Cam a little over a year and when I was setting up the cam to mount on my helmet one day, it just shut off on me and never turned on again. I only got to use this Cam 3 times and never even put a scratch on it. I called Oregon Scientific to see if they somehow warranty or fix this and its pratically brand new. The Oregon Scientific representative told me that they can't warranty it due to their terms and condition and there is no repairs available. I was gonna go with GoPro before but due to the ATC9k being waterproof, I went with this product. Needless to say I got a product that went out after one year and only got to use it 3 times. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT and I paid $299 for this piece of crap that won't eeven turn on again.
Too bad they don't sell these items at COSTCO where they back up the products they sell even after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
I will never buy anything OREGON SCIENTIFIC AGAIN!!!
on September 13, 2011
My purchase of this camera was mainly for recording my bicycle rides. I wanted to record those incidents when a driver comes to close, cuts me off or intentionally tries to force me off he road. The camera is well built, is a bit larger than I wanted but does the job. The microphone does a great job of recording the surrounding sounds or my narrated details of my ride. The picture quality is good to excellent on playback. My only complains are; the battery life only lasts about a 1 1/2 hours which is too short for my rides which last up to 4 hours or more, I had to resort to the purchase of another battery. The software is not totally reliable at times, I've had to remove it and reinstall to get it to work. Recently I've not been able to get the videos to download and have had to use another program to view them. The buttons on the camera are hard to see what their functions are, I have to get used to them because you can't read the inscriptions on them. Maybe the company could at least inscribe them in black to make them easy to view for us beginners.

What really Peed me off was when I couldn't find the HDMI cable after moving and Oregon Scientific told me they don't sell replacement cables. Luckily I found it after looking for several days and after not being able to find one at a local electronics store. I was told, they are made for my specific camera and need to get it from where I bought it. I wouldn't purchase anything from them again.

I'll give this camera an overall rating of a 4.
on November 4, 2014
ATC9K. Ok. I have had this camera now for a little over 2 years and have used it about 7 times. I have used it mountain biking, skiing and scuba diving (55ft max depth even though it is rated for 60).

At first, I was excited because it offered more than a Go Pro, which I have NEVER like or were interested in. But now after only 2 years and a few short times using it, every time I turn it on, it automatically starts taking video. When I push the camera button, it starts taking video.

I realized it was out of warranty, but I contacted OS to see what they would offer or if a repair was an option. there response was I could buy another at a discounted price. No thanks. I'm done.

This camera had a lot of potential, but quality is lacking.

And no, I still will not by a Go Pro.
on September 21, 2011
I just received this camera from Amazon today, and i was so excited. I bought this camera for my track day. I also bought Delkin suction cup mount for my it. So i have i got it out of the box, I immediately want to put in on my car to test out the video recording with in the car. While i was putting the camera on to the mount, the place where you screw in to the mount broke off. It was so fragile because of the material they used. it just some cheap plastic, and i am very disappointed how poorly they made it. I will try to go home and see if i can fix it with some super glue.

However the control and setting menus are very easy to use. I did not have to read the menu to operate this. It also come with a lot of attachment kits so you can attach it on different things. Unfortunately the most important one to me broken already.

For the video quality, I will write more about it on Friday after my track meet.
on March 7, 2014
Tried two of them, no good. First one, first usb charging port stops working, then it went completely dead, it did not turn on not even even power cord connected. I went through a hassle to get a exchange from the manufacturer because the seller warranty is too short. Orengon Scientific then send a replacement that it did not last. This second one, first lost the capability to record with volume, no sound videos, then lastly I lost the screen light and stop working at all. If you bought one of these, I wish you better luck.
on March 16, 2011
This is a great helmet cam. It is the second one i have owned. I sold the first one, there was nothing wrong with it and it had survived several crashes. I use it when I race motocross. The video is great and the camera mounts and removes very easy. The GPS is a great added feature, however only works in their program. Only drawback is that it records in MOV and QuickTime is need to view and edit video.
on May 2, 2011
I'm using this Action Cam to record my Paintball Games (mounted on barrel with the Handle bar mount it comes with)
This camera can take A LOT of beating. The Microphone is the weakest part of the camera, But the PROS outway the CONS for sure. The video Quality is AMAZING!

Truly a must have video camera.

I do suggest buying a spare Battery

I suggest buying the 32GB Class 10 3C PRO micro SD
(or a card that has atleast a class 6 rating)
This ensures that you get the most out of your
Full HD 1080p Action Cam by Oregon Scientific.
on January 4, 2014
I had bought this camera with the intentions for filming severe thunderstorms during chases that I have gone on. It is very rugged, which is a good thing, but the HD is not what you think of when you hear High Definition. I am not sure if this has to do with the "i" or the "p" in the frame rate, but it is very grainy and has a few quality problems. Save your money and invest in a GoPro for portability with high quality video.