Oregon Scientific Se331 Gaiam Zone Trainer 3.0, Blue
- Tap on lens - for toggling through your favorite modes
- Sleek design - smaller and less bulky with lie flat design
- Comfort band - soft silicone strap with aeration for maximum comfort
- Easy-to-read display - better quality lcd with larger characters
- Digital time & calendar
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
So its easy to use, it does what it says- reads heart rate, tells calories burned, tells you what heart rate zone you are in, it has regular watch settings, it has no alarm feature, it lets you set user settings such as weight, fitness level, age etc. it stores the calories burned per workout plus a cumulative amount that you've burned since you started using it, up to 99 records. tells average heart rate for a workout, tells maximum and minimum heart rate, tells how long you stayed in a heart rate zone you selected, has no trouble picking up signal from belt, touch screen function. It's more girly than for a man. Hope this helps
That said, I got this HRM to get an accurate picture of my calorie burn during group exercise classes, and the formula for calculation seems to be off. The reading is showing probably 40% to 50% of calories burned, particularly based on what others in the class are getting on their HRMs (and yes, I'm working just as hard :o).
As an example, in one class, I had a burn display of 230 while another person using a Polar monitor showed a burn of 700. Big difference! BTW, she is about my age, maybe a little lighter than me, but not by much, and we were both equally exausted at the end of the class.
I've contacted the company to check on their formula. Just be forewarned.
My issues with it are:
- The display cycles through BPM, stop watch, calories and fat. I only use the stop watch and BPM, but that's too bad because you are forced to see all four displays before you get to the display you want. You can set it to not toggle, but then you have to constantly tap the crystal to move through each display until you get to the one you want.
- You would think that the tapping feature is good, but it isn't because it is sensitive to more than just tapping. The display changes not only with tapping, but also if you move your hand suddenly as is common with exercising.
- It does beep when you fall outside your target BPM zone, but you probably won't hear it if you have anything but a completely silent room for your exercising.
- This seems to be designed for women only. The wrist band barely fits on my wrist (it's on the last rung) and I have a medium sized wrist.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Really complicated to set up. Need to wear a tight band around chest. Only good while exercising.Published 3 months ago by Ada
I brought my mom and myself one back in 2013. We had to return one because it wasn't working, but we got another one. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Love this brand and it's super comfy to work out in. I like the touch screen heart monitor better but this chest monitor is more accurate.Published 16 months ago by Bettina Barabe
still works. battery replaced after a year....even used it in the pool! best work out tool i ever bought. Great!!Published on June 21, 2014 by Babygrl1128
I bought this watch as a replacement to the purple one. This one came with a belt and I like that, but unlike the other model it can't detect my HR with my finger tip. Read morePublished on March 24, 2014 by Only4deals706
I like the watch but when I recieved the watch it would not register chest strap so I had to spend 12 dollars and buy new batteries for it. Read morePublished on October 9, 2013 by Kendra
I didn't know it required a chest strap until it arrived. I returned it right away but it was a bit of a hassle.Published on September 3, 2013 by Amazon Customer
Like that i can wear it in water and while running. Works good. Wish it would also track the distance.Published on August 1, 2013 by Brent Henney
Honestly, I haven't been able to get the thing going. It might be that the batteries need changing. Until I change the batteries, I will not know if I got a defective itemPublished on July 19, 2013 by ml