Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Organ Music Not Vibraphone Like I'd Hoped
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

50%
50%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 5, 2012
The repetition and sense of looping/cyclical rhythm in this album is expertly crafted and recalls elements of Philip Glass and perhaps (very generously) Carl Stone. The sparse instrumentation furthers the atmosphere creating an overall "home-organ" sound. This album required at least a few listens before it stole my attention and fascination.
on March 15, 2013
I wasnt sure what to expect with this album. Sunset rubdown and wolf parade are two of my favorite bands and was looking forward to hearing Spencer Krug's next release. For me this CD is one of my favorites of his. The opening song "Return to the Violence of the Ocean Floor" is an epic synth based anthem with a very dark undertone to it. This album seems a bit more lonely than his past stuff and although some of the songs may appear to stretch out too long, i enjoyed ever second of it. Not sure what the deal is with the haters on this album, they need to go back to wanking it and listening to "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain"
on February 22, 2015
Nice work Spencer Krug... nice work indeed sir
on October 1, 2011
I really, really hope this is just the result of his being snowed in (as Spencer reports in the liner notes) during a rough winter in Montreal. The announcement of Wolf Parade's indefinite hiatus, and even worse to my fragile psyche, no word from the Sunset Rubdown camp (that I've heard), has me worried. Spencer is the best indie-music (curse me for calling it that, but everyone will understand it at least) songwriter working the past several years, and he is NOT ALLOWED to stop creating the beautifully structured/fractured songs that we all love him for (it's certainly not his openness to the public, the public being ME, about what's next). A world without Sunset Rubdown (or another pop-rock variation thereof) is unacceptable, Spencer, so let's put together something more listenable and less ego-centric than this album, because I kind-of feel like you should give my money back on this one.