- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 3 edition (January 9, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0273695983
- ISBN-13: 978-0273695981
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,137,458 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Organizational Change (3rd Edition) 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
From the Back Cover
Barbara Senior an d Jocelyne Fleming
This extremely successful textbook on Organizational Change provides a discussion of change in relation to the complexities of organizational life. Taking both a theoretical and practical approach to the issues of organizational change, the text seeks to meet both the academic and applied aims of most business and management courses. The book is ideal for both MBA students and those studying for the more specialist degrees in Organizational Development and Change. Its structure and content also make it accessible to final level Business Studies undergraduate students.
The book is structured in three parts. The first part considers the causes and nature of change. Part two opens up the organization to expand on issues of structuring for change, the cultural and political contexts for change and how to lead change. Part three moves firmly into addressing the more practical considerations of designing, planning and implementing change.
This third edition of Organizational Change:
· Presents a comprehensive coverage of the significant ideas and issues associated with change at all levels of organizational activity from the strategic to the operational and at the individual, group, organizational and societal levels.
· Takes a conceptual and analytical approach to the way that theory and research in relation to organizations and change is explored and critiqued.
· Includes practical elements in its provision of descriptions and worked examples of different approaches to doing change.
· Provides a running case study, with discussion questions, of a major telecommunication organization.
· Features a balanced mixture of shorter illustrative case studies drawn from the pubic, private and voluntary sectors, small and large.
· Asks readers to undertake challenging activities to encourage the application of ideas and learning from the text to personal experience.
· Includes end of chapter discussion questions and assignments, some of which are set in examination-type terms that can be used as preparation for tests that might be associated with a particular course.
· Provides end of chapter additional reading and suggested Websites for readers wishing to pursue ideas and issues further.
A well-developed supplements package includes a lecturers guide and power-point slides to complement the text.
Barbara Senior is a Chartered Occupational Psychologist who has published a number of books, articles and conference papers based on her research and activities. She is Principal of the Highfield Consultancy, which researches and offers consultancy services in the areas of organizational psychology and change. She is also an Associate Lecturer with the Open University where she lectures on the MA in Education programme and supervises doctoral students.
Jocelyne Fleming is Senior Lecturer in the Human Resources Management Department at the University of Gloucestershire. She also provides external consultancy on behalf of the university to private and public sector organisations throughout the UK in relation to the management of change, action learning, organizational development and managing change through action research.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|