|Price:||$189.09 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$70.91 (27%)|
- Round watch with rose gold-tone bezel and hour markers featuring date window at three o'clock
- 40.5mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Japanese-automatic movement with analog display
- Leather calfskin band with buckle closure
- Water resistant to 99 feet (30 M): withstands rain and splashes of water, but not showering or submersion
Customers also considered
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
With its roots dating back to 1901, Orient Watch has specialized in the manufacture and growth of mechanical timepieces. Since 1950, Orient has been at the forefront of the production of mechanical watches in Japan. When it comes to watchmaking, Orient does not have an obscure history: Orient has been producing mechanical watches for more than 60 years. It is one of the top three watch manufacturers from Japan and produces 2 million watches per year. Frankly, it may be the biggest watch brand you’ve never heard of. All of Orient’s movements are exclusively made in Japan and no iteration in manufacturing is outsourced. The implicit value of possessing an Orient watch is that the only way to enjoy its tremendous quality is through ownership.
Orient prides itself on the premise that its timepieces are a “watchmaker’s watch”-- a no frills mechanical watch that is robust and trustworthy.
- Our online reputation suggests that an Orient watch is reliable out of the box. This can be attributed to Orient’s undying dedication to mechanical watches.
- In the eye of the Quartz Revolution in the 1970s, the other top Japanese brands went on to predominantly manufacture quartz, while Orient remained focused on its mechanical movements. And while Orient does produce quartz watches, all movements are supplied by its parent company.
- So what’s the difference between quartz and mechanical? Despite the obvious difference in moving parts, the short answer is seen in the smooth sweeping second hand of a mechanical watch versus the choppy tick of a quartz movement.
As an in-house movement producer, Orient joins a short list of watch companies that actually manufacture their movements in-house and exclusively for their own use. In the industry, it is highly uncommon that a company produces their own movements in-house, and by doing so Orient Watch can ensure that the quality of their wristwatches are held to the highest standards— Orient’s watches have often been lauded for their rich styling, dependability, and tremendous value.
The Orient Bambino is a true reflection of the heritage and experience of the watch crafters at Orient Watch. Orient's hallmark, throughout 60 years of continuous watch making, is mechanical watch making and most well known for their classic styling. The Bambino embodies those traditions in every detail. The dauphine hands and classic index markers stand out. The domed crystal and dial add to the retro look of this watch.
- Package Dimensions: 4.5 x 3.6 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00FS43ADW
- Item model number: FER24001B0
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 26, 2014
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Orient|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||40.5 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||11.8 millimeters|
|Band Material||leather calfskin|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||21 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Special features||Second hand|
|Water resistant depth||99 Feet|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only complaint is the mineral window. A sapphire version would help a lot against scratches but is probably hard to use on this one since it has this classical-styled convex shape towards the edge. There is another Orient watch available on Amazon with sapphire but is 43mm in diameter...
Great job Orient!
The domed convex crystal is very impressive and has an air of nostalgia attached, and part of the main reason why I purchased this watch. With the crystal being this convex, you would expect it to be a poly crystal, but this is excellent quality mineral glass. Clarity is superb.
Another interesting feature that this watch features is a convex dial with what looks to be applied markers and an applied Orient emblem. The minute and second hand is also curved on the edges to ride along the convex dial. Very impressive attention to detail. The watch also has a signed crown and buckle which is very rare at this price point.
Case finishing is on point with sharp contrast between brushed and polished areas. The polished sections are high gloss with no hazing. The case seems to be built well, and while off the wrist has some thickness, while wearing, the back case pushes into the wrist comfortably giving the appearance of a much thinner watch. the 40mm size is contemporary for a dress watch and fits larger wrists well.
The leather strap is of good quality and is a bit stiff at first wear. Within 3 days the strap has broken in nicely and is very pliable. The strap fits on the second to last hole on my 8.5" wrist with very little play.
The in house Orient 48743 movement looks to run at 21600bph and does not stutter, and is currently at about +3 seconds a day. Not bad at all.
All in all I am very satisfied with this purchase. This watch punches way above its weight class in both performance and looks. Even at its list price it is a steal. Watch #66 and my first Orient, but it won't be my last.
* Check your skin tone - I have a tanned complexion; depending on the lighting, the rose gold blends with my skin.
* Buy a screen protector - the dome dial is like a magnet for scratches. since its a dress watch the last thin you want on it are scratches. Small and Cheap Insurance for the watch.