Customer Reviews: Orient Men's FER2A004D0 Flight Stainless Steel Watch with Calfskin Band
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon Save on select ClickTight convertible car seats

on April 22, 2014
I wanted a pilot's watch but didn't want to shell out $700 for a Hamilton. This seemed like a good option, with some extra flair with the blue dial.

The dial is a brushed metallic finish, with the inner dial being radially brushed as to produce some nice looking shimmer effects under the right lighting. The outer dial is brushed in a circular pattern that doesn't shimmer as much, but still looks very nice. The color is not as bright as pictures make it seem, I would call it a deep navy blue.

The markings on the dial are very easy to read. I'm used to a 40mm diver's watch, and was surprised at how crisp and bright the markings on the dial are. The lume isn't anything to write home about though. It's better than what I've seen on some sub-$200 citizens, but not as good as my Orient or Seiko divers.

I was expecting to have to replace the band, but happily enough it's actually a really nice piece of leather. It was a little firm at first but after a few days of wear it fits like a glove.

I have not checked the accuracy, but have not noticed it needing to be reset yet. I will most likely try and get an accuracy rating on it in the future. My other Orient runs at a consistent +5 sec/day, which I find to be outstanding.

Overall I'm 100% happy with this watch.
on August 7, 2014
What you see in the picture is what you get. I personally don't like automatic watches coz if you stop wearing them they'll stop and you have to re-adjust. But this will last you lifetime and you can pass it down generations since it has no battery that would die out. Its a great cheaper option over the Hamilton aviator. It also has its own character, given its not the most popular brand in US makes it more exclusive.
on July 10, 2014
It is my first automatic movement watch so I don't have any benchmark for comparison. However so far I am very happy with the performance of the watch. It misses 5-7 seconds a day but that is very acceptable for a non-quartz movement (in my opinion). I use it 10-14 hours a day and so far it hasn't stopped and I feel like even 8 hours usage should be enough to keep it going.
on April 19, 2016
Much nicer than the price point indicates. Great looking watch, has been accurate to within 15 seconds a day. Lume is great looking but dims rather quickly. Leather strap it comes on is thick and beefy. A bit of rotor bearing noise, but nothing objectionable. Certainly no more of less than my Orient Defender watch. Overall, I highly recommend.
on October 15, 2015
I really enjoy this watch. The size is great on my wrist without falling into the trendy territory of over-large watches so popular right now. The screw down crown is an awesome addition on a watch in this price range. The leather band feels substantial and pairs really nicely with the blue dial. I was choosing between this and a Hamilton Automatic and I couldn't be happier with my choice. This dresses up really well with business attire and pairs great with simple jeans and button down for more casual evenings. The movement winding is audible but only noticeable when erratically moving my wrist and definitely not something I consider to be negative. Seiko is the brand most commonly compared to this watch in my research and they are both beautiful watches. The Seiko Sport looks great, but this watch appeals to me in a way that the Seiko never did. It just feels like a classy, well made time piece and I am completely satisfied with my purchase and encourage anyone considering this to make the jump.
Of note, the shipping estimate was for roughly 7 days, which was disappointing but not a big deal to me. However, I received the package within two days. A great surprise and a great way to make me a huge fan of Long Island Watches.
on June 9, 2014
This is my first automatic watch and I like it a lot. It does not quite last as long as it states (40 hrs), but it looks great and keeps accurate time when wearing it. If it is off your wrist for a day, it will stop running and need to be reset. I would suggest purchasing a winder if you don't plan on wearing everyday, otherwise you will need to reset it each morning. Overall it is a great watch for the price and it looks great.
on June 16, 2016
Orient is the brand that my family and I would recommend to everyone. It is a nice, good quality watch and it looks really cool on.
BUT, once you wear it for awhile, it starts to have that smell all leather bands have - especially if you wear it in the shower. An alternative to making it not smelly is washing the band with baking soda once in a while.
Also the date setting is a little weird - you can only increase the number, but if you by mistake pass the date you meant to set, you have to rotate it through another 30 numbers.

I bought it for my boyfriend for our one year anniversary and he loved it. He said he would give it 5 stars, but this was a present and he tends to be really nice about these things.

In all honesty, it's a nice watch, but be prepared to clean it. If you are a lazy ass buy one with a metallic band so that it's easier to clean - that's what I learned from this experience.
on December 18, 2015
Great watch, very nice looking. Face is rather dark blue, and very clear and easy to read. Strap is a chocolate brown color, and rather thick. Was quite stiff when I first got it, so much so that it was a struggle to get it to go through the loop after buckling it. It has loosened and broken in a bit after wearing it a few times. It still causes a bit of discomfort on my wrist as the edges are still a bit stiff, again with age this may become less of an issue. I may end up changing out the strap in the future as I have several watches with bracelets or canvas straps that I sometimes forget I am wearing.

I have another orient that seems to charge up easier. The movement in this watch only seems to wind in one direction, which may contribute to that. If worn all day it is still running if I put it back on early in the morning, however, if I let it sit more than 12 hours I usually need to shake it to get it running again. I have a desk job so don't get it moving a ton during the day which doesn't help.

The lume on this watch one thing I would like to see improved. When freshly charged from the sun or bright light it looks awesome at first, however, it dims quite quickly. It's certainly on par with other Orient watches in this department, but falls behind some competitors.

For the price you really can't go wrong in my mind, I can't see anyone being unhappy with this watch. I would love better lume, a hand wind option, or sapphire crystal, but these would all add to the price. This is a solid watch at a very affordable price.
on April 8, 2016
The watch description states that the strap width is 20mm, this should be corrected because it's actually 22mm!!!
Great pilot watch, solid, looks nice. The price/quality ratio is in the buyer's favor. Great job Orient!
on January 28, 2015
Beautiful watch, very versatile. I've bought it for my husband as a Christmas present. It looks stylish and expensive, but at the same time very versatile - older or younger person could wear it, with business or casual style clothes. My husband is a pilot, so the watch looks great with his navy uniform too. I watched a few video reviews of the watch on youtube and I think I made a good choice price/quality wise. I found a good deal on Amazon, which makes me even happier.

See 1 answered question