Orient Men's FER2A005Y0 Flight Analog Display Japanese Automatic Brown Watch
- Round stainless steel watch with champagne face featuring Brown calfskin band with buckle closure
- Japanese automatic movement with analog display
- Mineral crystal dial window
- Features outer and inner dial numerals, sword hands, date window, fluted crown, and smooth bezel
- Water resistant to 330.0 feet (100 meters)
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The new Orient Flight watch is an exceptionally good value and it is an "out-of-the-park" home run in design and styling. The type B aviator dial harkens back to watches used in WWII by pilots of bombers and other aircraft. This version comes with a tan dial with crisp black minutes shown on the outer edge and small black hour markers on the inner dial. The watch features luminous hour and minute minute hands, a date window at 3:00, a large screw-down crown, a screw-in case back, and a 42mm stainless steel case. The watch is powered by an Orient made 48743 self-winding automatic 21-jewel movement. Includes a thick brown leather strap with buckle closure. Water resistant to 100 meters. Features Movement: Orient 21-Jewel Automatic (self-winding) Case: Brushed stainless steel, 42mm x 11.65mm thick. Back: Screw-in back Crystal: Hardened Mineral Band: Black leather strap, buckle closure Water Resistant: 100 meters Warranty: 1 Year
With its roots dating back to 1901, Orient Watch has specialized in the manufacture and growth of mechanical timepieces. Since 1950, Orient has been at the forefront of the production of mechanical watches in Japan. When it comes to watchmaking, Orient does not have an obscure history: Orient has been producing mechanical watches for more than 60 years. It is one of the top three watch manufacturers from Japan and produces 2 million watches per year. Frankly, it may be the biggest watch brand you’ve never heard of. All of Orient’s movements are exclusively made in Japan and no iteration in manufacturing is outsourced. The implicit value of possessing an Orient watch is that the only way to enjoy its tremendous quality is through ownership.
Orient prides itself on the premise that its timepieces are a “watchmaker’s watch”-- a no frills mechanical watch that is robust and trustworthy.
- Our online reputation suggests that an Orient watch is reliable out of the box. This can be attributed to Orient’s undying dedication to mechanical watches.
- In the eye of the Quartz Revolution in the 1970s, the other top Japanese brands went on to predominantly manufacture quartz, while Orient remained focused on its mechanical movements. And while Orient does produce quartz watches, all movements are supplied by its parent company.
- So what’s the difference between quartz and mechanical? Despite the obvious difference in moving parts, the short answer is seen in the smooth sweeping second hand of a mechanical watch versus the choppy tick of a quartz movement.
As an in-house movement producer, Orient joins a short list of watch companies that actually manufacture their movements in-house and exclusively for their own use. In the industry, it is highly uncommon that a company produces their own movements in-house, and by doing so Orient Watch can ensure that the quality of their wristwatches are held to the highest standards— Orient’s watches have often been lauded for their rich styling, dependability, and tremendous value.
- Package Dimensions: 4.5 x 3.6 x 2.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces
- ASIN: B00I364MK2
- Item model number: FER2A005Y0
- Date first listed on Amazon: December 4, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Orient|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||42 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||12 millimeters|
|Band Material||leather calfskin|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||22 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Water resistant depth||330 Feet|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
the movement is noisy,but it is as accurate as my quartz watches,
and the power reserve last for 48 hours.If you are thinking about buying
this piece,you can stop thinking and start buying.You will be glad that
you did.Buy,enjoy and be happy.Life is too damn short.
Update: After TWO visits to the ORIENT USA service center in LA, the watch is back to working order. I upped this review from one star to three. It looks like the original problem with the watch (auto-wind feature not working, hence no ability for watch to wind itself) is resolved. It'd be nice if the watch had a manual wind feature to complement the auto-wind but this watch's movement does not accommodate that.
Update deux: Running solid.