- Mineral crystal
- Crown:Screwed-down.120-Click unidirectional bezel
- Japanese-automatic Movement
- Case Diameter: 41.5mm without crown
- Water Resistant 200m (660ft): in General, Suitable for Professional Marine Activity and Serious Surface Water Sports, but not Diving
|Have fun in the sun, with Mountain Falls Sunscreens, Exclusively on Amazon|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
About the Brand
- Manufactured and developed mechanical watches for over 65 years.
- One of the top 3 mechanical watch manufacturers in Japan.
- All movements (the timing device) are made in Japan.
- Producing our own movements ensures the highest quality and speaks to Orient’s true passion, watchmaking.
The Orient Movement
- Reputation for robust and trustworthy performance.
- Known to be reliable and accurate, right out of the box.
- Features a smooth sweeping second hand.
- Powered by your own body movement and never needs a battery.
The Mako II
The new Mako II is the improved version of our best seller, the Mako. Improvements to the Mako II include:
- Upgraded movement, caliber F6922.
- New hand-winding capability.
- Stop seconds feature to sync time with ease.
- 120-click unidirectional diving bezel, for improved precision.
This is the highly anticipated new Orient Mako II watch that is powered by a 22-jewel, Caliber F69 automatic movement. This new movement is self-winding, hand winding, and it hacks (second hand halts when you pull out the crown). In addition to the new improved movement, the new Mako II watch has an improved uni-directional bezel with 120 clicks, and it has a new case design (gone is the quick day pusher at 2:00) for a trimmer, more simplified look. The day and date window is the same, but you adjust both via the screw-down crown. The case size comes in at 41.5mm in diameter and it's about 13mm thick. As always, you get an excellent stainless steel bracelet with a smooth operating push-button deployant clasp (a hallmark of Orient watches). The original Mako was an all-time best seller for Orient. The new movement, case design and bezel should make the Mako II an even bigger success. Features Movement: Orient 22-Jewel Cal. F69 Automatic (self-winding, hand wind, hacks) Case: Brushed stainless steel, 41.5mm x 13mm thick. Back: Solid screw-in back Crystal: Hardened Mineral Band: Stainless steel bracelet with push-button deployant closure, 22mm.. Water Resistant: 200 meters Warranty: 1 Year
With its roots dating back to 1901, Orient Watch has specialized in the manufacture and growth of mechanical timepieces. Since 1950, Orient has been at the forefront of the production of mechanical watches in Japan. When it comes to watchmaking, Orient does not have an obscure history: Orient has been producing mechanical watches for more than 60 years. It is one of the top three watch manufacturers from Japan and produces 2 million watches per year. Frankly, it may be the biggest watch brand you’ve never heard of. All of Orient’s movements are exclusively made in Japan and no iteration in manufacturing is outsourced. The implicit value of possessing an Orient watch is that the only way to enjoy its tremendous quality is through ownership.
Orient prides itself on the premise that its timepieces are a “watchmaker’s watch”-- a no frills mechanical watch that is robust and trustworthy.
- Our online reputation suggests that an Orient watch is reliable out of the box. This can be attributed to Orient’s undying dedication to mechanical watches.
- In the eye of the Quartz Revolution in the 1970s, the other top Japanese brands went on to predominantly manufacture quartz, while Orient remained focused on its mechanical movements. And while Orient does produce quartz watches, all movements are supplied by its parent company.
- So what’s the difference between quartz and mechanical? Despite the obvious difference in moving parts, the short answer is seen in the smooth sweeping second hand of a mechanical watch versus the choppy tick of a quartz movement.
As an in-house movement producer, Orient joins a short list of watch companies that actually manufacture their movements in-house and exclusively for their own use. In the industry, it is highly uncommon that a company produces their own movements in-house, and by doing so Orient Watch can ensure that the quality of their wristwatches are held to the highest standards— Orient’s watches have often been lauded for their rich styling, dependability, and tremendous value.See all Product description
- Package Dimensions: 4.6 x 3.6 x 2.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B01AK5TQRM
- Item model number: FAA02002D9
- Date first listed on Amazon: April 18, 2016
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Orient|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||41 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||13 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless steel|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||20 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Calendar||Day and date|
|Special features||Screw down crown|
|Water resistant depth||660 Feet|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you own more than one automatic watch, the problem is, when you switch watches, you have to shake it a lot to bring it up to speed so it keeps good time. They make automatic winders, as seen near the beginning of the Dr. Strange movie. But, for me, that over-complicates things, in a bad complication way. So, this watch uses the F69 calibre (mechanism) designed by Orient (Seiko owns part of Orient). The F69 has 22 jewels and is capable of self-winding (automatic), hand winding (You turn the crown, yourself.), and hacking (Pull the crown all the way out and the second hand stops). Now, I have some lovely watches, many are Orient, so I hate to see them languish in my watch box. Therefore, I do not wear this beauty every day. Sometimes, by the time I wear it again, it has wound down. All I have to do is unscrew the crown (which has the Orient logo on it...nice) and wind clockwise. So I can get the winding up to speed immediately. The steel bracelet is very nice polished and brushed, and this is a "Dive" watch, good to 200 meters (If you remember to screw down the crown), but not really recommended for real diving. Water sports, snorkeling. Orient makes a Ray watch. It has bars for indices, whereas this watch, the Mako II, has numbers at 6, 9, and 12. Date and day at 3 o'clock. Easy to set. I bought this from Long Island Watch as opposed to buying from Long Island via Amazon, because the blues showed up after a long absence, and Amazon didn't have them. Charge the watch face with a strong light, and it glows nicely in the dark. Very good one-direction bezel. Nuff said. Highly recommended. Snatch up one of these blue ones while you can.
The bracelet is actually leagues beyond what you'd expect at this price, but not as refined as I'd like, so I've ordered an aftermarket one.
But the head alone makes this watch worth it.
Dial/color is beautiful. Winding mechanism is stiff but solid, which is the most important thing. People complaining about the stiffness of the bezel have to be unimaginably weak haha. Or theirs are much tighter than mine.
About +5 seconds a day, which is excellent for a mechanical at any price.
Conclusion: spend another $50 on a nicer band, and you will have a very nice ensemble for the money spent. It really is a bargain. This is my first Orient, and I am completely sold on the brand.
Most recent customer reviews
Nice rotating bezel, screw down crown. Great looking watch.Read more