|Item Weight||20.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14 x 20 x 24 inches|
|Item model number||LCQ-41-GPB|
|Assembled Height||24 inches|
|Assembled Width||16 inches|
|Assembled Length||16 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Oriental Furniture Gold Leaf Round Front Shoe Cabinet
|Price:||$439.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- 20"w by 24"h by 16"d, ming curved front accent cabinet, removable center shelf
- Classic asian joinery and cabinetry, stunning 12 coat lacquer finish
- 24ct. hammered gold leaf applique, exceptional hand painted plum blossom and peony motif
- Browse our huge selection of japanese and chinese décor, art, lamps and gifts on amazon.com
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Crafted by a family of artisans in Guangdong, this cabinet has been carefully built from Philippine mahogany, overlaid with striking 24-carat gold leaf, hand-painted with a delicate garden scene, and finished with a rich matte lacquer. Boasting two wooden doors and a drawer to maximize storage space, this authentic work of Chinese craftsmanship is a beautiful testament to an ancient tradition.
Compare to similar items
This item Oriental Furniture Gold Leaf Round Front Shoe Cabinet
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Gold||Black||Red Lacquer||Black Lacquer||Gold||Ivory|
|Item Dimensions||20 x 14 x 24 in||15.75 x 12.5 x 23.75 in||24 x 12 x 30 in||20 x 16 x 24.5 in||23 x 16 x 23 in||15.75 x 12.5 x 23.75 in|
|Item Weight||20.5 lbs||19.5 lbs||31 lbs||22 lbs||40 lbs||19.5 lbs|
Top Customer Reviews
1. It was shipped without damage, including the glass top. But as soon as I opened a door (without force), the door came off in my hands with all 9 hinge screws on the door side pulled out. This wasn’t shipping damage. It was a workmanship hide. The doors were in the closed position.
2. Every ¼” long hinge screw was rusted and screwed in at awkward angles. I mean red rust, not green brass corrosion. My guess is the screws are yellow zinc oxide coated screws, but definitely not brass. They were slightly magnetic.
3. Both the magnetic clasps and the bar side were significantly rusted. I don’t expect magnetic stuff to be corrosion resistant, but this was definitely old hardware.
4. The hinges were black oxide coated. They weren’t corroded, but why oxide coat brass? Probably steel. Off to the hardware store (not going to ship this back from Hawaii, which they probably knew).
5. $18 later, replaced 4 hinges with real brass hinges, and 2 magnetic clasps with ones that didn’t have rust on them, and used #4 x ½” brass screws to replace the ¼” rusted screws that were at all odd angles into the wood.
6. When I took the hinges off, I could see cracks on the door side connecting all the hinge screws holes.
7. I’m not Superman, but the longer brass screws just refused to go into the cabinet side of the hinges. I think this indicates it’s made of real wood, not pressed board. I even predrilled starter holes. On the door side, the same screws (twice as long as the originals but the same diameter) would not tighten down and kept spinning. The door is probably hollow, which I expect.
8. There is no removable center shelf, as indicated in the Amazon description. There is a top drawer and a bottom cabinet, period. No hardware or holes in the wood to put a shelf. The drawer is lined with green felt, and there is a piece of glass to go on top.
9. The gold artwork is exquisite. I was really going to use this as a shoe cabinet, as advertised. If I pull the door open every day for my shoes, the hinges will pull out of the doors unless I use some type of glue on the door side.
10. Lack of a shelf makes it look like only 2 pairs will fit in the cabinet when placed sole side down side by side. Oriental Furniture said they guess it will hold about 6-9 pairs, but this is BS unless you pile them up on top of each other. I wouldn’t put shoes in the top drawer because the felt makes it look too nice for shoes. I may end up manufacturing my own shelf, but it will have to be self-standing because the wood on the sides look too thin to make holes in.
11. This is definitely made in China, and I don’t mean that as a compliment.
Edit: Had to knock it down from 3 stars to 2 stars because it can only hold 1, yes one! pair of men's size 8W, Sketcher's casual slip-ons. It cannot even hold 2 pairs, neither soles down or soles in (sideways). The drawer is not deep enough for even low profile casual shoes. This is not for shoes. Still nice as an end table (thus not 1 star), but you need to replace the hardware and glue up the cracks in the doors.