- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Trafalgar Square Publishing (October 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1853753165
- ISBN-13: 978-1853753169
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 6 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#3,513,672 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #130 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles > Houseware & Dining > Rugs
- #146 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > Decorating & Design > Floors
- #511 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > Decorating & Design > Upholstery & Fabrics
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Oriental Rugs Hardcover – October, 1999
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Mapping the impact of the oh-so-popular Antiques Roadshow is fairly easy. The PBS TV series gave birth to increased attendance at antiques fairs and flea markets, a growing valuation of all things old, and a marked rise in specialty "how to understand" books. Former British rug retailer-turned-broker Walker has done a more than credible job in delivering the data about Oriental rugs. With little ceremony, some choice words, and acres of pictures, he draws a recognizable portrait of Eastern good, bad, and so-so floor coverings. There is information on vocabulary, which leads to identification processes and actual details on specific geographic area rugs, including price, visage, color-texture, structure, and size. Also, short sections on the history, how-to-buy tips, and TLC for rugs are brief to seduce the reader and long enough to cover the topic. By far the best values are the author's notes; for instance, Hereze rugs are the most prized of the Turkish output, while Pakistan has only been producing coverings since the late 1940s. Barbara Jacobs
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?