Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 178 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 189 reviews
on March 24, 2014
It isn't perfect, the bottle opener function requires me to really lock it in the bottle cap before I pull. Usually, I have to do it twice before the cap comes off. So in terms of actual functionality, it isn't the ideal 1 shot bottle opener.

However, I actually know how to handle butterfly knives and that is what makes this product fun. You can impress your drinking buddies by pulling this baby out flipping it open and opening a bottle (after 2 tries... but whose counting?).

For those who like to use butterfly knives, it is durable! as in it won't fall apart within a month of use. I have had it for a few months now and it still flips fine. I'm considering buying a large amount of these to make as party favors.

you can totally carry this around in public since it isn't really a knife.
on February 7, 2015
Exactly what I expected to get out of the product which is low quality novelty item. This item is purely for novelty and not to be used as a trainer in any means. The knife is very fast with zero adjustments on the pins to slow it down. The latch at the bottom does not have a spring so it flops around. This is annoying if you are trying to do more then the simple open and shut as the latch will almost always get caught in-between. the metal looks good but would not recommend dropping it on a hard surface. This product gets 3 out of 5 for being a novelty knife great to impress your drunk friends but thats all. If you are looking for something to practice with wither invest in a real butterfly knife and tape the blade dull or try to find a higher end trainer.
on August 25, 2014
First and foremost, anyone who spend this kind of money shouldn't expect some Spyderco or Benchmade quality. So let us set the bar at a reasonable level. With that in mind, this is actually quite a decent little "toy." This barfly is decent quality, the tang pin gets a bit lose as you flip it for a while. I would not recommend you practice flipping this around hard floor, since like I said, NOT a top of the line quality. But if you don't drop it three times a day, just practice flipping tricks around carpet or your bed, this little toy will last ya while. The weight is reasonable, and as to be expected, since it's not a blade, the balance is a bit weird. But I will remind everyone here, you are spending very little money, shouldn't expect some great life-long property here. This is a great little flipping practice "toy" that can last you a while until ether the tang pin comes off or something breaks. The latch is a little annoying since it can get in the way. The pins aren't screws, so I have yet to figure out a way to remove the latch without damaging the item. So overall I give it a 4 star since my expectation isn't very high.
on December 14, 2016
The bolts that hold the handles to the bottle opener came apart within, I kid you not, 15 minuets of playing with this. Not only was i able to find the pieces after it flew across the room, but the handle was bent as well. So putting the bolts back into the handle did nothing because the handle kept on getting bent. You get what you paid for. A piece of poop. You would get more value if you take the 9$ you would of spent on this and buy a chipotle burrito and treat yourself with some guac.
on October 3, 2015
Bought this a few days ago and received today. Have been learning how to use it and flip it around since I took it outta my mailbox, and already it's beginning to fall apart. One piece of the bite handle's pin as fallen off, and the other side of the pin is very loose and I keep having to push it back in. The metal of the bite handle towards the tang is bending, and I haven't been bending it around or anything, just flipping and twirling it (and dropping it a few times, oops). I don't expect this to last the next week. I did, however, open a Coke bottle with it earlier, and it did that just fine, so when it falls apart I think I'll keep the tang.
on October 3, 2015
Product feels solid in my hand. Out of the box, the butterfly bottle opener flips open smoothly. I haven't popped open any bottles yet, but once I do I'll update my review. Saw some other reviews of the handle breaking after some use, but based on my short experience with this product I think it's from user error. You shouldn't hold the handle when opening a bottle, but instead hold it closer to the head of the bottle opener. There's no reason why you would need to hold it from the handles as you don't need that much leverage to open a bottle.
on October 12, 2016
Fun way to practice your balisong skills without chopping your own fingers off. Sure, you can smack your knuckles pretty good with this if you're not careful, but it's not likely to result in any trips to the ER. Also groovy to have around for impressing your friends with little tricks before popping open a cold one. Might be a pretty cool little accessory to have on hand if you're a bartender.
on November 17, 2014
Bought this for my son who is now of drinking age and wanted to get him a cool bottle opener. The cool factor was supposed to be the fact that it looks like a butterfly knife, but unfortunately it fell below expectations - basically the weighting of the parts is not correct to properly flip around like a real butterfly knife. I believe the handle is too light relative to the opener weight. So the whole effect of swinging/flipping this around to expose a bottle open is lost and it just becomes "meh". As far as durability and use, it opens bottles fine and has held up for the few bottles it has opened.
on June 22, 2017
A little stiff at first but nice.
on March 14, 2014
You would think he was a Ninja with this thing. He says bartending is all about the "flair" these days - and I tell him it has been since the movie "Cocktail" - but he ignores me.
It is really strong and moves smoothly so he can treat it like the switchblade it is supposed to resemble.

In short - the best present I have bought him in years - and for so little money! Love it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.