Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 201 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 359 reviews
The kids love it! I was happily surprised to see that lyrics are included (including Rafiki's Swahili lyrics with translations to English). This added a new perspective of the production that I could reflect on, but it was really a gift for the kids. They loved seeing The Lion King live and this was the same CD being sold after the show without the line... and the bonus behind the scenes footage is pretty cool.
on September 17, 2017
My review is colored by seeing this show on tour. The memories of that are tied to the music on the CD.

The sheer joy contained in I Just Can't Wait to Be King contrasts with the plotting in Be Prepared. And the romance in Can You feel the Love Tonight is so sweet.

This is a CD that I would strongly suggest getting as a CD and not only as digital. The booklet includes the lyrics, including translations from Swahili. I finally know what Rafiki is singing! I do enjoy the convenience of Auto-Rip, though, and feel that gives me the best of both worlds.

Some people were surprised the songs in the play differed some from the movie. If you are looking for songs as they were performed in the movie, this is probably not what you are looking for.

Recommended for anyone who enjoyed the musical.
on September 24, 2016
I love this soundtrack so much! I play it all the time at work. It calms me down and cheers me up and makes me cry all at the same time. It makes me want to see the production all over again.

I haven't had a chance to watch the behind the scenes DVD but I'm sure it's fantastic!

If you've ever seen the Broadway show or are just a fan of the movie, I highly recommend purchasing this cd.
on September 9, 2016
This story about the lives of jungle animals presents many examples of moral values for everyone in the family. This is the stage play version of the movie. The music is wonderful and both the movie and stage play versions have colorful scenery and loveable animal characters of the jungle.

I highly recommend the CD (and the movie tape) for family enjoyment.
on April 27, 2013
Every single song on this cd is amazing. I've been listening to it nonstop ever since I bought it. This is NOT the Original Broadway Cast Album. Yes, it is English, however, it is a live cast recording, so it is more like the show, and I personally like the voices better on this cd. Andile Gumbi is amazing! I saw him in New York City in September and he has an amazing voice! I was so happy to see he played Simba on this cd! I personally like this cd better than the Broadway one. Worth every penny!
on March 10, 2017
Love The Lion King on Broadway so I was so happy to finally have a CD and you have an extra CD With behind the scenes really good
on November 22, 2013
This music is amazing. Admittedly if you've grown up on the soundtrack to the film then many of the songs will feel a little bit weird. But honestly the new additions are worth the price of admission alone. In particular I'm referring to "Shadowlands" and "He Lives in You," which take the background music you'll recognize from the film and build stunning new songs out of it.
on January 26, 2011
The Lion King is an extraordinary live musical theater experience and this two-disc CD/DVD set gives you a touch of the magic of the live performance. The CD is the soundtrack of the original Broadway cast singing the hits; the second disc is a DVD taking you behind the scenes in terms of how the hit musical was developed and you see the sets, actors and dancers wearing the puppets on stage; the make-up; and very interesting information about the process to bring the hit animated movie to the live stage. This two-disc CD/DVD set is wonderful for anyone who loves the live stage production of the Lion King. Until Disney Studios decide to allow a DVD of the entire live performance of the musical to be made this two-disc set is the next best thing. Inside the jewel case there is also a booklet giving you the credits and dialogue of the musical. This Special 2-Disc Edition captures the moments of magic brought to the stage in The Lion King. Note: The Lion King touring musical is a must-see for anyone over the age of three--I plan to see it every time it plays in my area and I've already seen it three times!
on July 27, 2017
Love singing along in the car to this soundtrack! :-)
on March 12, 2017