Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Original MuckBoots Daily Garden Shoe
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on September 15, 2010
I have had two pairs of these MuckBoots garden shoes and absolutely loved them. But both pairs lasted only one year - then cracked where toes flexed. I bought second pair because they are great shoes - both summer and winter - but the second pair lasted the same length of time - one year - and now are not waterproof. I am looking for an alternative as I won't be purchasing any more of these.
2525 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2009
I love these Muckboots shoes. Even though my feet get hot if I spend too much time in them (anything other than barefoot in Houston during May through October and my feet get hot! LOL), I love the fact that my feet are completely protected; not only from the sun, but from any fire ants that I may disturb. Also, the Asian Tiger mosquitoes can't get to the heels or the tops of my feet, as they can when I wear Sloggers (I always wear long cotton gauze pants to keep the skeeters off my legs when I plan on being outside for more than 10 minutes).

We recently had a major downpour (storm) that dumped almost 10" of rain within about 18 hours and major sections of our back yard turned into a bit of a swamp (until the rain could percolate down into the soil). I was able to walk around the yard in my Muckboots without fear of being bitten by floating fire ants, and my feet stayed completely dry.

I had originally purchased the size 9, which fit my 9½ sized feet, but I wanted a bit more room to allow my feet to breathe, so I returned them for the size 10. I'm seriously contemplating purchasing another pair so that I have a pair to wear while another pair is being deodorized and drying out.
22 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon July 1, 2009
These are the absolute best garden shoes I've ever had - truly comfortable to wear and your feet stay dry all day long. Absolutely love the elasticized trim. In addition to keeping out dirt, stones, mulch and the usual detritus that used to work its way into my shoes, it greatly adds to the overall comfort.

You can tell that a lot of thought went into these shoes. Even the tread pattern works well - it provides good grip in mud or on wet grass, but does not allow the mud and dirt to cake up like "waffle" tread shoes do. Yes, some mud will stick to the bottom after you slog through the muck but just let it dry, then bang the shoes together the next day and they are clean and ready to go.

Very easy to slip on. With some practice, you can slip it on without using your hands - gives you the benefits of a shoe but the easy slip-on nature of a clog.

Runs a bit large. I wear a mens size 11 that fits fine in a sneaker or regular shoe. The Muck Boot size 11 was a wee bit large - 10 ½ would have probably been perfect, but they don't sell half sizes. It does not distract from comfort, but if you normally wear a half size, you probably would want to order the next size down. On the other hand, the greater roominess allows me to wear heavy socks without any problem.

If you garden, you gotta get these. I'd give up my Felco pruner or my Hori Hori knife before I would give up these! (Well, maybe not, but it would be a thinker as to which is more valuable.)
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2010
Muck shoes work fine while they last, but two problems:
1. Tear up work socks very fast just over the heel.
2. Cracked at the lateral toe flexion area after a little more than a year.

Have had Muck boots for years and love them. Not sure I'd get Muck shoes again.
on April 6, 2010
I agree with the other reviewers about the comfort and convenience of these shoes. My first pair wore out on my shovel foot, but I read that they had improved the sole so got a second pair. The rubber on the upper cracked (where it flexes near the base of the toes) during their second season, so they were no longer waterproof. I thought for the price they should have lasted longer, and wrote to the company with my dissatisfaction, but the reply I got simply said "these are warranteed for a year", i.e. tough luck. So, Muck Boot Co has lost a customer.
on June 4, 2011
I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 because the concept is great, the materials are good quality, and the tread seems really good (like it wouldn't slip on anything).

But that's the most stars I can muster... because these shoes are so badly sized it's ridiculous. They are so wide that they literally fall off your feet when you walk (I have normal "medium" width feet). I re-bought them in a size smaller (one size too small for me) and they are still too wide, even with my toe hitting the end of the shoe.

It's too bad because it's a great concept.

The only people I could see these shoes fitting are people with extremely wide or perpetually swollen feet (including the heel- that's one of the widest parts). Comes in full sizes only.
on January 8, 2009
I take the dog out for a walk every day...about 2 miles. I figure I walked about 2000 miles in my first pair of Muck shoes, all on blacktop, before the soles finally gave out. I immediately bought another pair.

I wear them on hot summer nights and in rain, slush, snow and single digit temperatures.

Super comfortable, warm in winter, cool in summer and totally waterproof. I especially like just being able to step into them. I'm about to buy a pair of taller boots from Muck boots for when the snow's a little deeper.My highest recommendation.. Not the greatest looking shoe in the world, but in my opinion, by far the most practical, comfortable shoe on the market.
on October 30, 2015
These are my second pair of these shoes and I cannot say enough good things about them. Easy on, easy off. I keep them by the door year round for a convenient pair of wet proof shoes but often have them on on the dry weather. I have tried other brands which cracked and leaked within the a year or two of use. My first pair of these however or still functional just finally getting smooth in places on the bottom from years of wear. I did notice that this new pair was a little more snug than the than the old pair. I presume that over the years the old pair must have stretched a little.
review image review image
on December 15, 2012
I also loved these shoes when I first received them. They are SO comfortable and initially waterproof. They only lasted one season, however, and by the time the next rainy fall rolled around my feet got wet from cracks near the toes. I will not purchase again.
on September 5, 2010
The MuckBoots are very comfortable and easy to pull on and off. I have worn them for many hours at a time whilst working in the yard and they have never felt uncomfortable or difficult. The MuckBoots are easily washed, fully waterproof and still breathable. This makes them ideal for wear on walks. (Although no ankle support, so some terrain may be too difficult for them)I would recommend them to any gardener, whether professioanal or amateur or whether you spend a few minutes or many hours in the yard and garden.