Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 165 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 184 reviews
on April 18, 2017
I am a second-time mom of a two-week-old. With my two year old son, I had a Baby K'tan wrap which I really loved and used all the time while he was small and then I switched to the Ergo Baby Carrier when he got heavier....around 6 months. I picked the baby gets hand as opposed to the Moby Wrap (and other long wraps) because it involved so much fabric and was way more difficult to get baby in and out of. But I am always wanting to try out new babywearing products so I decided to try this wrap because it looks similar to the Moby but way less expensive and not as much fabric. I just got it in the mail today and followed the instruction sheet that was included and popped my baby in with no trouble. He's been in the wrap for about 30 seconds and is already asleep. It is super comfortable and the fabric is very luxurious feeling. It is very stretchy and soft and not nearly as long of a wrap as the Moby. It also evenly distributes weight better than the Baby K'tan and so my back definitely is not strained as much. I'm really loving the purchase and do you not regret it at all! I will definitely be using this a Time!
review image
on October 19, 2011
Before the Sleepy Wrap (aka Boba Wrap), I used the Moby Wrap. The Moby was great because it was comfortable, machine washable, and easy to take the baby in-and-out. The Moby was not great because the fabric strip seemed ridiculously long, felt heavy, baggy, and difficult to bring along in my backpack (which I converted into a diaper bag).

When I first saw the Sleepy Wrap online, I was very curious on the differences. Since I liked my Moby, I just had to try the Sleepy Wrap.

Sleepy Wrap vs. Moby Wrap:
PRO:
-The Sleepy fabric is shorter and lighter than the Moby. With all the stuff I carry in my backpack, I love how the Sleepy takes up less space than the Moby. When wearing the Sleepy, I feel less anchored down and I don't feel like I'm swimming in fabric like the Moby. The Sleepy is out of my way while driving because it hugs my body.
-Sleepy fabric is stretchy. You wear the Sleepy fairly tightly around your body to keep the baby snugly against your body.
-The Sleepy Wrap comes with a travel bag larger than the Moby Wrap travel bag, making it easier to stuff the wrap into the travel bag when rushing through the day.

CON:
-Because the Sleepy fabric is so stretchy, you need to make sure the fabric is snug around your body so that baby isn't sagging down or bouncing too much in the carrier.
-Limited colors/design choices. Considering that the Sleepy seems like an improvement from the Moby, the Sleepy Wrap manufacturer should offer more choices in colors/patterns/designs or else the Sleepy Wrap may just look like a knockoff of Moby.
-Machine washable, but it is encouraged to spot clean rather than machine wash. Most likely because the washing machine will damage the elasticity of the fabric. So, you'll have to spot clean this carrier.

CONCLUSION:
Sleepy Wrap is better than the Moby Wrap.
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2016
Bought this wrap since I already had the LilleBaby All Seasons carrier but needed something not as bulky to baby wear around the house while doing some housework. At first I was skeptical that I would like this at all, and seeing the price of $15 was worth a gamble, however I love it! It's easier to put on and go than the LilleBaby carrier, especially if you want the mobility & flexibility to do things (including sitting, LilleBaby carrier waist strap makes everything ride up if you sit down or squat).

P.s. I love the LilleBaby for extended walks/hikes, it provides great lumbar support.

I mostly wear this one around the house with a few times out & about at Target. Baby is nice & snug in the wrap & loves to nap in it when I carry him. However I have noticed, even when he is just in a light short sleeve onesie or even just a diaper that he gets hot really quickly since the fabric is somewhat heavy & stretchy.

Pros:
- Easy to put on
- Don't have to remove entire carrier to get baby in & out
- Easy to wash
- Price!
- Provides good mobility to accomplish tasks

Cons:
- Baby gets quite hot in it
- Taking Baby out of carrier is a hassle (for me at least)

Would I recommend this: Yep!
on May 4, 2017
Love it. I had a hand me down Moby wrap with my first son and loved it soooo much. But as they do, the Moby wrap was losing its stretch and it was really beat up after being handed down a couple times so I had to find a new wrap for our second son. I chose the sleepy wrap based on price and reviews, and I would hands down compare it to the Moby. It's comfortable, easy to use, just the right stretch. I'm so happy with it AND, I ordered something for myself with the savings from not buying the "brand name" wrap! Win/win!
on May 22, 2017
One day, I'm going to wear this as a top all by itself. It's entirely too hot. I didn't get the mobi swear bc of all of the fabric. This was supposed to be a bit better. My poor little guy is always so red and soggy when I take him ou. And I definitely break a sweat and sweat thru the gray fabric. other than​ the great factor, it's convenient. But I'm looking for a replacement.
on December 6, 2016
This wrap is great. Stretchy and comfortable but it still breathes a bit. Fits me way better than the Moby wrap I have for half the price. The stretch seems to make it more comfortable for my LO too. The extra give in the fabric is great for plus sized mamas. I'm a size 18/20 at the moment and I can still pull this snug enough to wrap all the way around and tie in the front instead of the back.
on May 21, 2017
I wish I had one when my daughter was little. I got this for my second child and have used it every day. The material is soft and comfy and great for a newborn baby. I love how I can cover my sons head with it when we are in public so I can keep the sun off him and peoples hands as well. If you work it right you can easily breast feed on the go and no one would even know about it. It keeps your baby warm in the winter but is hot in the summer. My son is now 4 months and 15 lbs so I am using it in a front facing carry and it is much easier on his legs than the other carriers we have.
on September 8, 2016
Was intimidated about how to tie it. It wasn't that complicated after practicing in front of the mirror a couple times. It worked well while my baby was a newborn. Now that she's 3 months she hates it. I think she doesn't like having her arms and legs feeling constricted. Basically the same as the moby wrap but less expensive. I would definitely buy this again above the Baby K'tan, which is overpriced and not as versatile as this.
on January 6, 2017
I have 4 kids and have worn all of them in various things, but never in a wrap like this because I thought it was too complicated. I must say, I was wrong! I tried out the moby and was not impressed and would not spend 50 bucks on it. But this seemed to be better fabric and for 16 bucks, what did I have to lose? I bought another one for a friend for her shower! I've recommend it to several!
on March 10, 2017
I have owned a Moby wrap and now a Sleepy wrap and I prefer the Sleepy wrap because of the stretchy knit fabric! It's so much more comfortable for me and likely for baby too! Only downside is because its stretchy after wearing for an hour or two I feel like the whole thing needs tightened again. This may not be a problem with smaller babies but it is for my 22 lb 6 month old! overall a great wrap though and I would recommend all moms have one! Such a lifesaver when getting groceries, making dinner, etc.