Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 294 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 308 reviews
on January 8, 2017
I love this hat! Wish I had bought one sooner. Extremely warm and folks who comment bout the ear flaps not pulling down, well the hat is too small for your head. Mine work great. I actually found on the SK website a PDF you can download, then cut out a head sizing strip of paper. Tape the strip's together and measure your head. Order up in size if your head measurement is in between sizes, like I did, and you'll be good to go. Might be ordering another of these hats in a more winter appropriate Sunday go to church hat.

Here's a photo of me in my treestand...Sat out there from 12:15pm till dark...In 28°F weather and it was snowing. Only thing that got cold was my fingers and toes!
review image
on December 3, 2015
I really like my new cap. I measured my head according to the instructions on the manufacturer's website and then rounded up because some of the reviewers stated they run a little small. Mine fits my head perfectly.My cap seems well constructed and I think I will have it for many years to come.

I also considered some other cold weather hats and after some research I placed this one in the mid-temp range. For me this meant warmer than a ball cap but not as warm as say a fur lined hat. I live along the Pennsylvania/West Virginia line so our winters are not as frigid or prolonged as more northern states. that being said, I chose this hat as being the most appropriate for our winters.

We are having a mild winter so far but we have a had a few chilly and windy days and I have tried the ear flaps twice. My first observation is that I know that some people can pull the ear flaps down without taking the hat off. I haven't been able to do that. Maybe I just haven't gotten the knack yet but I had to take my cap off and then put it back on with the ear flaps lowered. This does not bother me so it is not a problem.

My second observation speaks to the ear flaps effectiveness. The flaps do not cover my entire ears but they cover most of them. I know some reviewers complain about this. The only part of my ear that remains exposed is the bottom of my earlobe. Yes, my earlobes may get cold but I am more concerned about cold wind blowing into my ear and the flaps effectively block this for me so I am happy.
on March 31, 2016
The sizing is accurate to US Army patrol cap sizing (if that helps you at all), and the cap in general is really comfortable. I'm really happy to have found a great quality cap (heavy wool with cotton lining) that's made in USA and well worth the price. I like it so much I've gone forward and ordered a similar Stormy Kromer wool vest (an investment I think will be just as worthwhile as this cap---and did I mention there's a lifetime warranty too? Only gripe I have is that the "ear warmers" (the ring of material around the cap that you can slide down over the top portion of your ears and no further; a gimmick) are almost useless as they are neither large enough to cover your ears, nor snug enough (despite the adjustable bow prominent at the front of the cap) to keep out the wind. Anyways, this was overall a great purchase for me.
on August 29, 2016
The hat as noted is quite tight even though the size specified is what I wear. The ear flaps are not really practical as they will not cover your ears as the original intent was of the original Kromer style hat. I am going to accept it as is and have some alterations done to correct it's fit as I don't want to get into a delay due to the impending weather. Over all I would recommend this hat if the size was a little more lenient.
on January 18, 2017
If you live in a colder climate and haven't at least tried a Stormy Kromer, I urge you to give one a shot. Quality and craftsmanship from a USA company is something very valuable to me. I actually purchased my first Stormy from the source up in Ironwood, MI. Since then, I have grabbed up a few other styles and colors. The Stormy Original is great for daily wear in the fall and winter months when you don't need to be outside for very long. The earflaps on this model don't completely cover. Word to the wise: don't roll down the earband, just give it a nice tug and it will slide on down. For longer stays outside such as snowblowing or icefishing, definitely look into the Stormy Rancher hat. This guy has extra thinsulate and large earflaps that actually fold down and provide better coverage. I will always swear by these hats...they are my favorite for cooler weather and make me look forward to eating some good pasties.
on February 21, 2017
Love the hat, the fit was a bit tight. I would recommend ordering just a size larger. Retailer was very good about helping with an exchange.
on March 2, 2016
I like the hat very much, nicely made. However, I shouldn't have listened to the reviews suggesting ordering a size larger. The hat is clearly larger than my head. I won't be exchanging it, not worth the trouble. I hope it shrinks some.
on April 17, 2017
Somewhat small but after a few times of wearing it the fit was fine.
on October 31, 2015
I have a lot of hair so I ordered half a size bigger. If you keep your hair you'll probably be fine getting your usual size. I really like this hat. Though it's meant for colder weather I wear it often in the Caribbean and it doesn't get too hot.
on November 6, 2016
This is no fake. This is the original Stormy Kromer cap. It's wonderful and worth every penny.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.