Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fall24 fall24 fall24  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon

Orignal YELLOW Box or 10th Anniversay

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 21, 2010 6:19:33 PM PST
Niffykat says:
I already own the Yellow Box set, and watch it over and over. I am wondering if there is enough "extra" to warrant purchasing the 10th Anniversary Edition

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 6:43:12 PM PDT
Smiley Lee says:
I'd say it's worth it. There are cast commentaries, and interviews with the cast and creators, too. And the interviews were done specifically for this release, so the participants have the perspective of time, and a bit of nostagia for the show.

For me, it was also worth it because it allowed me to use the Yellow Box original set as a loaner, to get people into the show, and still have a copy.

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 5:21:22 PM PST
Thomas Veil says:
Can anyone tell us whether the 10th Anniversary edition LOOKS better than the original (yellow box) release? I love the show, but I was a little disappointed in the video quality of the original DVD release.

I've had a chance to compare the original DVDs to "Sports Night" as it's currently being broadcast on FXX. I know the broadcasts are HD and the DVDs are SD, but I'm not talking about the resolution. Compared to what's airing on FXX, the DVD's colors are more washed out, and the contrast is muddy in places -- annoying overall, but particularly so in some scenes featuring Robert Guillaume.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Feb 21, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about