Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.95 shipping
Orion 04110 Star Target Planisphere (Black)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- An extremely easy to use accessory that helps you learn the location of constellations, bright stars, and many deep-sky objects such as nebulas, galaxies, and star clusters
- Simply dial in the date and time across the top, and StarTarget shows you the sky overhead
- A perfect accessory and great learning tool for use with your telescope, binocular, or even unaided eyes
- Designed for use within 30 degrees North and 50 degrees North latitudes regardless of calendar year - shows locations of 100 star clusters, nebulas and galaxies for viewing with binoculars or telescope
- Made of coated, dew-resistant cardboard with a clear plastic window
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
For finding your way around the starry sky, there's no better tool than a star wheel, also called a planisphere, like the affordable Orion StarTarget Planisphere. Whether you're sky watching with just your eyes, with binoculars, or with a telescope, a planisphere star chart is an essential tool you'll use time and time again. It's an invaluable reference tool for learning the constellations, identifying stars, and locating popular bright celestial objects such as galaxies, open and globular star clusters, and diffuse and planetary nebulas. The easy to use Orion Star Target Planisphere is a rounded star chart map which you rotate in its housing to dial in the date and time. Once the preferred date and time is dialed in, the Star Target displays a nicely detailed map of the current night sky. You can then rotate the Star Target to get a sneak peek of what objects will become visible as the night goes on, or to see when objects will be ideally positioned in the sky for observation through a telescope or pair of binoculars. It's easy to plan an entire night of stargazing fun in advance with the handy Orion Star Target, since it can tell you when and where your favorite objects and constellations will be visible. Our Orion Star Target planisphere features a detailed star map drafted by renowned celestial cartographer Will Tirion. It shows all constellations visible from mid-northern latitudes ranging from 30 degrees North to 50 degrees North, as well as the locations of 100 showpiece star clusters, nebulas, and galaxies for viewing with binoculars or a telescope. The Star Target's map works year-round and year after year. On the back of the planisphere are simple instructions plus helpful viewing tips and a calendar of annual meteor showers.