Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on May 7, 2015
This is a poorly fitting t ring. Both my brother and I bought one for our cameras. He replaced his quickly with the celestron t ring for 1/2 the price. I struggled with mine fir month till I was fed up. Bought a celrstron t ring and I'm kicking myself for trying to image with this piece of junk for so long. Do yourself a favor. Get the celestron t ring for half the price.
on July 1, 2016
Another open box "deal" mine came missing the set screws. I drilled/tapped it the next size larger and got some hex socket stainless set screws from ace. It didn't cross my mind until I took my first astrophoto that I should have gotten some long knurled thumb screws. If you want to turn the camera to frame your object then you have to have your tiny allen key and goof in the dark. There is a lip that will prevent dropping you camera unless you back off a couple of screws too far.

On the plus side there's really nothing blocking light from your scope if you can use this style directly on the focuser.
on July 19, 2016
Bought as an experimentation piece. I am messing around with a Dob telescope and trying to reach a focal point with my Canon DSLR, and this was bought to help reach that goal. Its a cheap investment and can be used on other projects as well.
on September 18, 2017
Fits and works great on my Canon cameras for my astrophotograpy hobby.
on October 28, 2015
The fit is a bit sloppy. I used this to mount a Canon Rebel EOS T5 to a 4.5 inch Newtonian reflector telescope. The mating surfaces between the T ring and the camera body are not as snug as I'd prefer and there is a very small amount of play in the mount once it is locked in place. I previously purchased a T ring for a Nikon S1 and the fit was much better. This one is adequate but I wouldn't recommend removing it from the camera too often as normal wear will worsen fit eventually.
on January 16, 2014
I needed this ring to be able to take photos of the moon with my Canon 60D DSLR camera. Tonight we had a full moon and it worked just as it was supposed to. I got some super photos of the moon with my 1200mm Bausch & Lomd spotting scope.I received the T-ring on schedule with no hassel. Great Job Amazon.
Norm Van Sickle
Pres/CEO
Vanco Photography
on November 17, 2014
I have a cannon 450D (Rebel xsi). This does not fit perfectly. After it locks on to the camera it will rotate another 2 or so millimeters. It is not a a perfect fit, not even close. Which is strange coming from an Orion product for a such a widely used astro camera. I am also almost certain this ring is the source of a pretty serious light leak. I cannot confirm this, I only know for sure that it does not fit to the camera correctly.
on August 18, 2014
It is nice the inner and outer rings spin, makes it easy to adjust the camera but it is very hard to get it to mount to the camera and once attached there is still quite a bit of wiggle. This causes the camera not to line up with the center of the secondary mirror/eyepiece. Trying another brand/model and returning this one
on September 3, 2012
So far, the T-ring has worked exactly as advertised. Apparently, the shop that I bought mine from uses some sort of teleporter for delivery because I received the product in no time. The only downside was that I needed to buy another adapter piece. The threads just don't match up with those on the back of my C8. Not that it really matters, because I was planning on doing both eyepiece projection and prime focus photography anyway. I bought the Orion 1.25" adapter and the next night I was getting really cool photos of M17 and M8.
on December 28, 2013
I'll have to return mine - tried it in my 60D and a T2 and it is loose. You can move it back and forth once attached and that is definitely not a good thing for long exposure astrophotography.