Orion Magnificent Mini Deluxe AutoGuider Package
|Price:||$439.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Complete, compact, and easy-to-operate autoguiding system designed for precise astrophotographic guiding with instruments up to 1500mm focal length
- Included Deluxe Mini 50mm Guide Scope with Helical Focuser allows you to focus guide stars precisely for optimal results
- This complete autoguiding solution includes the popular and easy to use Orion StarShoot AutoGuider - capable of subpixel guiding accuracy!
- Adjustable-aim dovetail guide scope bracket installs on virtually any astrophotography telescope quickly and easily
- Very small and compact autoguiding system adds hardly any weight to an astrophotography setup and can conveniently be stashed in an accessory case between uses
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
This complete, compact, and convenient autoguiding solution will help you acquire accurate astrophotos easily. Our compact, all-in-one autoguiding solution includes everything you need to enjoy enhanced accuracy in all your astrophotographs. Designed for use with imaging instruments up to 1500mm in focal length, the Magnificent Mini Deluxe AutoGuider package includes a 50mm guide scope featuring a precise helical focuser, StarShoot AutoGuider, dovetail mounting base, and a small adapter plate. The 50mm aperture, 162mm focal length (f/3.2) Deluxe Mini Guide Scope features fully multi-coated achromatic optics and a precise, machined helical focus mechanism to allow for faster, more precise focusing of potential guide stars. The Deluxe Mini 50mm Guide Scope's machined and anodized helical focuser has a fixed-orientation design that will not rotate the installed StarShoot AutoGuider or similar device during focus adjustments. This ensures the field of potential guide stars will not rotate when focus adjustments are made. You'll never have to search for potential guide stars thanks to the Deluxe Mini 50mm Guide Scope's bright and wide field-of-view. Our popular StarShoot AutoGuider features a 1.2" format 1.3MP CMOS sensor with 5.2 x 5.2 micron sized pixels for accurate guiding performance. The dovetail guide scope bracket omits the need for a piggyback oriented guide scope system which can be a hassle to install and balance.
Top Customer Reviews
As far as ease of use, it really is simple. I attach the supplied cables, one to my mounts guide port and another to my laptop. It takes a few minutes to calibrate itself and then the guiding can start. I do have to recalibrate whenever I shift my scope from tracking on either side of the meridian, so I usually set it to track objects on the west side just after dark. When I finish with those objects I recalibrate if my next set are still on the eastern side. You don't have to recalibrate from object to object provided they are on the same side of the meridian, just stop guiding until you center the next object, pick a new guide star (or have the software pick for you) and start guiding again.
I did have to use the adapter supplied to mount it to my Explore Scientific scope, my scope has both this autoguider and the original finder scope. It adds weight roughly equal to my DSLR, but my mount is still well within its load capacity. If you have any problems just type PHD into a search engine and you'll find plenty of helpful advice to resolve any issues.
Now? Easy peasy lemon queezy!
I pretty much only have to do a polar alignment, and turn this thing on... and I am tracking, accurately, for hours....