Orion 09881 Observer 70mm Altazimuth Refractor Telescope (Black)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A great entry-level refractor telescope for beginners looking for a quality instrument that will provide great views of the night sky
- 70mm (2.75 inch) aperture lens collects enough light from the night sky for wonderful views of the Moon, bright planets like Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter, and the brightest nebulas and star clusters
- The Observer 70 AZ's altazimuth telescope mount provides smooth up/down and left/right panning motion across the sky, and the adjustable-height tripod helps make your viewing sessions comfortable
- Includes two Explorer II 1.25 inch eyepieces (25mm, and 10mm focal lengths) for viewing at 28x or 70x magnification through the telescope, an EZ Finder II reflex sight for easy aiming, and a 90-degree mirror diagonal for crisp and clear night sky views
- Can also be used for pleasing daytime terrestrial views of wildlife and scenery with a correct-image diagonal (sold separately)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope
Celestron PowerSeeker 70EQ Telescope
Celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70AZ Refractor Telescope
Celestron 21062 AstroMaster 70 EQ Refractor Telescope
Gskyer Telescope, AZ70400 German Technology Astronomy Telescope, Travel Refractor
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||24 x 24 x 34 in||7 x 18 x 14 in||13 x 39 x 10 in||5.12 x 14.96 x 3.94 in||9.61 x 40.59 x 15.12 in||8.3 x 26 x 4.9 in|
|Item Weight||6.5 lbs||3.3 lbs||13.9 lbs||3.15 lbs||17.99 lbs||5 lbs|
Thanks to its sturdy altazimuth mount and quality refractive optics, the Orion Observer 70mm refractor telescope works well for both daytime terrestrial viewing and nighttime astronomical use. The included altazimuth mount offers intuitive up/down (altitude) and left/right (azimuth) motion to make maneuvering the telescope easy. Whether you're scanning a scenic landscape or surveying the Milky Way for star clusters, this telescope will provide a pleasant experience. The Observer 70mm Altazimuth Refractor Telescope is well suited to beginning astronomers thanks to its versatility and simple, easy-to-use design. It is a very lightweight and compact telescope, weighing just 6.5 lbs. once assembled, so it's easy to carry to any observing location, be it out on the lawn or an hour's drive into the hills. Its glossy black refractor telescope optical tube is made of seamless aluminum and outfitted with a smooth-action rack-and-pinion focuser which accepts 1.25 inch accessories and eyepieces. Housed inside the telescope tube is a multi-coated, achromatic glass objective lens that is 70mm in diameter, with a focal length of 700mm (f/10). This lens takes in 36% more light than a 60mm lens, meaning you'll be able to see more detail on both celestial and terrestrial objects. Compared to a 60mm refractor, the Orion Observer 70mm and its larger optics will reward you with brighter images and, for astronomy, a larger repertoire of objects to see. You'll enjoy outstanding looks at the Moon's cratered surface, Jupiter's cloud bands and moons, Saturn and its rings, the majestic Orion Nebula, and the mind-boggling Andromeda Galaxy, to name just a few of the treasures you can see. A dew and glare shield on the objective end (or front of the telescope) helps prevent dew from forming on the optical lens and also helps block unwanted stray light.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most recent customer reviews