Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on March 25, 2012
We tried "friendly" catch and release traps, but our mouse was not persuaded to enter. While we never found (or smelled) success, the mouse that didn't seem to shy to come out and make himself seen by us (or our cat!) was gone within 24 hours of placing these.

Yes, we have a cat. YES THESE ARE DANGEROUS for our furry friends. I placed ONLY in areas where I knew the cat could not access. I did a lot of research and there IS risk if your pet consumes a rodent that feasted on poison. I am convinced my particular cat will not do so. We were very watchful to be sure during the baiting period, but it's worth a mention. The same is true for little ones, so just be careful and mindful of the risks of these products.

But they work. I was pleased as punch. I have no tolerance or patience for uninvited guests.
on January 6, 2011
While the directions on the package do not make it clear, my online research on the active ingredient indicates that it can take a week or more for this stuff to kill the mouse. The purpose of this delay is to prevent the rodents from recognizing the danger and avoiding it. I did not recognize this as the baits continued to disappear and no dead mice showed up. After a couple of days, I put out five snap type traps which cleaned out my population of ten mice (mostly in my attic) in three days. They may have already consumed a fatal dose of the bait, but there was no way to know. I then put a couple of the Home Defense baits in my garden shed where mice were nesting. Ten days later, I checked and found six dead mice in a nest in the shed, so that I'm convinced that the stuff works. If mice get into my house again, I will use "Snap-E Mouse Trap" which is also sold on Amazon.Snap-E Mouse Trap It is a huge improvement over the old wooden traps and works well with sunflower seeds. I prefer this solution because it eliminates the risk of having smelly dead mice in your house. Also, the sunflower seeds are mess-free and can be left out to tell you that the mice have not returned.
on January 3, 2011
I purchased this product because I could hear something in my attic and under my dishwasher! I had my husband throw these all around in the attic and toss one under the dish washer and another behind the fridge. Two days later, the noise stopped! I can see the bait behind the fridge has been gotten into by a mouse! Eeewww! I set out a trap as well (about 3 days after the baits), in the kitchen, and up until last night, I heard nothing. But...last night I heard that familiar scratch in the attic. It was in the same spot, so I am thinking it's the same critter. Mind you, I am not sure if it is a mouse or a squirrel! I am sure the thing under the dishwasher was a mouse because I saw it. I have not seen it since the 2nd day after the baits were placed. I did see reduced droppings under my sink the following day but nothing in the past two days! Also, I have not caught anything in the trap in the kitchen. So, I am hoping that one is gone along with any relatives living nearby! I'll keep ya up to date! By the way, the trap I have out is the electronic Victor...has good ratings.
on January 13, 2012
Had a mouse problem in my pool house. I've tried pellets, mouse traps, bait blocks, everything. Nothing worked as well as this. First, it's a visual thing because the mouse will actually take the bait block to their 'den'. They kept disappearing overnight, and I kept replacing them. I found the 'den' with about 6 eaten-thru wrappers. After a few nites, no more missing bait blocks. So, it apparently takes a while for this stuff to work. Must not be too potent because my dog ate one and she's ok...
on February 23, 2013
It is not recommended to use these ANY WHERE your pet can go. It is after all rat poison. I use it behind my refrigerator and stove because pulling them out is not only strenuous but also can damage floors. So I have thrown them behind each appliance.
on December 4, 2013
Most every mouse will eat these sooner or later once they are hungry enough. More expensive than bulk bait, but nicer to handle because of the individual wrapper.
on May 8, 2014
this stuff kills critters. i put them where i saw field mice....after a few days i didnt notice the bait...or the mice. job well done

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.