Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Ortho 0321110 Home Defense MAX Press 'N Set Mouse Trap, 2-Pack (Older Model)
|Price:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Ortho Home Defense Max Press 'N Set trap is more effective at catching mice than traditional wooden snap traps
- This trap is easy-to-use and offers a non-toxic alternative to taking care of rodent problems
- Built-in grab tab means you wont have to touch the mouse
- Secure catch design; perfect for garages, attics, basements, and sheds
- Comes with 2 mouse traps
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Item Dimensions||6 x 1.5 x 4.5 inches|
|Item Weight||0.2 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||0321110|
|Shipping Weight||0.2 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Ortho 0321110 Home Defense MAX Press 'N Set Mouse Trap, 2-Pack (Older Model)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||HWGA Supply||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Geroy's||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 4.5 x 6 in||6 x 1.5 x 4.5 in||6 x 8 x 3 in||7.75 x 2.63 x 6.12 in||6.75 x 2.62 x 8.75 in||1.75 x 3.5 x 1.75 in|
Ortho Home Defense MAX Press 'N Set Mouse Traps are Easy To Use - Just Press and Set. Set with one touch - it's the easy, convenient version of the traditional mouse snap trap. Key features: Over 2X more effective at catching mice than the leading wooden snap trap, Secure Catcha Design, 1-Touch Set, Grab Tab for Easy Disposal. How it works: 1. Bait trap by placing food (such as peanut butter or cheese) in the bait well. 2. Set trap by pressing the set bar. You will hear a click when set. 3. Place trap where you see mouse activity. Bait well should be placed perpendicular to the wall, with bait facing wall. 4. Use grab tab to dispose of trap. No need to touch dead mouse. What's included: 2 Press 'N Set Mouse Traps. Kill Mice, Guaranteed.
The Ortho Home Defense Max Press 'N Set Mouse Trap makes taking care of mice easy. The patent pending design is 2X more effective at catching mice than the leading wooden snap trap. It also provides an efficient and clean grab tab for easy disposal.
Easy to use--just bait, press, and set.
The Ortho Home Defense Max Press 'N Set Mouse Trap has a Secure Catch Design that makes it more effective at catching mice than the leading wooden snap trap.
Simple, Ready to Use, and Nontoxic
The Home Defense Press 'N Set Mouse Trap is a great nontoxic solution to take care of your mouse problem. Simply place cheese or peanut butter in the bait well and press the set-arm. The trap will click when set. Its grab tab makes disposal clean and easy.
Effective in High Mouse Activity Areas
The traps are most effective when placed 5 to 10 feet apart in areas where you have noticed high mouse activity. These areas may include near your stove, refrigerator, or pantry. Position each trap perpendicular to the wall, with their bait well facing the wall.
If you are not satisfied with this product, mail in the original proof of purchase to receive a full refund of your purchase price.
What's in the Box
Two mouse traps.
SECURE CATCH DESIGN
Top customer reviews
This is a superior trap. I had previously used glue traps, with NO results. When these traps arrived, I threw out the glue traps and baited these traps with peanut butter and placed them in the exact same locations as the glue traps. Results after 1 day - 2 kills, next day another kill, next day another, etc. They are easy to set, won't trip when you place them down and are clearly deadly. You can discard the dead mouse via a lever and these traps are meant to be re-used. I should note that GLUE traps are unkind, if they happen to work. You are leaving a mouse to starve. I had not thought about that when I purchased the glue traps and I never should have purchased them.
I have read a lot of studies on mice now - primarily from State Universities - after the poor results I had with glue traps.
ADVICE on TRAPS:
1) Buy a lot of traps - I bought 12. Sprinkle them around the house. While I bought 12 traps - only two have been killing mice daily and another one only occasionally. So your best guess about where to place traps could be wrong. If you buy 12 or more traps, you will certainly better your odds. In my case, I got only 3 out of 12 locations right! Yet I was sure of each and every location.
2) Peanut butter is an excellent bait according to every source I read and it has certainly worked for me.
3) Place the traps against wall boards, next to walls - and have the trap perpendicular to the wall. Mice tend to run along wall edges.
4) Place them about 5 feet apart although a few sources say as much as 10 feet
5) Eliminate other food sources so the bait in your trap is attractive. If you have a pet, feed them on a regular schedule but then empty their food bowl until the next feeding. You can be certain mice are feeding on the same bowl if you leave it out!
6) Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Eliminate any open food source. Take out your trash, daily.
THE HARD PART - SEALING YOUR HOME
The first thing you have to realize is that mice somehow got into your home. They did NOT magically appear! Unless you seal up your house you'll be using traps forever!
Look for any small exterior openings on your home and then seal them up. Reports vary but any opening the size of a dime (yet some reports say the size of a pencil which is much smaller than a dime) have to be sealed. Look for any exterior openings that are that small and then seal them! You really have no choice. That is a lot of work but quite necessary. Stuff any holes with STEEL WOOL which is almost universally recommended (although an Amazon customer recommends copper wool since it won't rust). In either case, mice won't chew through it. I'm going to use urethane caulk over a steel wool stuffing into any hole or gap I find.
On older homes make sure your doors seal very tightly
These traps work, are easy to use and can easily be re-used. They are user friendly in that a dead mouse can be discarded without ever touching the carcass. I paid about $2.00 per trap including shipping. Since this is a two trap purchase - look for a total cost of about $4.00 (with shipping) for a two trap package. I found one Amazon seller that met that low price point but it was NOT Amazon itself. Sometimes it pays to forgo free shipping for a lower overall total price. Remember you probably want at least twelve traps or six two packs. Maybe more.
Ask yourself - is $24.00 for 12 traps too much money to spend to rid your house of mice.
Update: After two months these traps continue to work well and many traps have killed more than one mouse. Still - in all fairness - I want to report that two traps (out of 12) fell apart after a couple of kills. Yet for $2.00 each - I was not expecting a product that lasted for a long period of time.
WARNING: If you were looking for a trap to kill mice in a barn, shed, etc on a long term basis, these traps are simply not rugged enough for years of service. In fact, they would be a poor choice given their modest construction
some of the features I really like?:
1. the setting mechanism...unlike their predecessor (the conventional 180-degree gate snap trap), these traps open only 90-degrees by simply pushing down on a lever...no more setting the trap and THEN trying to gingerly and carefully place the trap in place without it snapping in younr hands (or worse, on your fingers...!) You just bait the trap, place it where you want it, and then push the lever down until you hear the click...and walk away!
2. the jaws...dead every time, even baby mice. the problem I always had with snap traps was that a baby mouse could walk its whole body onto the trap and then set it off and only get caught by its tail...yuk...! But the jaws on these traps have a double row of plastic teeth and can grab even the smallest body at a lethal spot.
3. PLASTIC...!...these can be cleaned with warm soap and water and reused...lots of urban legends about mice being able to smell death on a wooden trap...blood or other body fluids I guess. I don't know for sure, but if they can, these traps solve that problem. Just empty the trap and throw them in the sink...some soap and warm water and you have a new trap.
4. the bait tray...these traps have a "food bowl"...I don't know how better to describe it. it is a small indentation shaped like a bowl between the jaws of the trap...PERFECT for peanut butter or my fave bait...hard, pungent cheese. Just make sure your bait is nestled snugly in the bowl and the mouse will have to climb onboard to get at it...and WHACK..!
I wish I could say that I will buy these again, but I bought 6 of them and I suspect they will last me the rest of my life...! HIGHLY recommend...!
Most recent customer reviews
Had one Front end loader that sat in a gravel pit and had bad mouse infestation.Read more