Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on May 10, 2016
I really love this textbook. We have gotten assigned many textbooks in PT school and this one is the one I have found the most useful. For my ortho class this past semester this book was really great at structuring all the information we needed to know about the different joints in the body. Magee reviews the anatomy, osteokinematics, arthrokinematics, closed pack and open back positions and much more. I also liked the charts on differential diagnoses provided in the textbook as well as all of the pictures that accompany the special tests. Towards the end of the chapter he also includes the specificity and sensitivity of each test (which is really important in knowing how good a test is at ruling in or ruling out a pathology).

Overall, this is a great book! I really enjoyed reading it and intend to keep it for a long time!
on September 7, 2017
Over-rated text. Lots of great information, but put jammed together in each chapter in a way that is like one huge information dump rather than an easy to navigate sequential progression, typical of most larger texts. The end chapter summaries are decent, but I think this book tried to include too much in each chapter when it could have been more brief but much easier to follow, find information, and learn from for students or clinicians.
on March 25, 2015
Wonderful for anyone nurse or nurse practitioner or anyone in medical field starting in orthopedics, rehab or desires a firm foundation of basic exams. The anatomy pictures are excellent. Nerve and muscle innervations excellent. Well worth the price.
on March 13, 2017
good condition
on March 15, 2016
How they diagnose you when you go in for physical rehab after an injury.
on July 18, 2017
Looking through the book it show that this version wasn't meant to be sold within the USA... but information is still relevant
on March 4, 2014
I can't compare this with other assessment books, since it's the only one I've used but coming to a health field from a technology profession, this is very poorly written. There is lots of information, but it's very disjointed. For example there are description of special tests without mention of what condition they are used for or description of what a positive test is without a mention of what it's positive for.... No mention of why things are done the way they are done, which tests are more useful than others.. it's like a bunch of information is just thrown together in one huge pile.. Like I've said, I can't compare it to other books and I know that this book is probably the most comprehensive, but I hope someone at some point does a better job at this.
on September 19, 2017
explains much clearly. great reference for NPTE review.
on August 30, 2013
They sent me the Restricted South Edition, which is not even legal to sell in the United States and it had a different cover than the book I ordered. Also, the front and back was covered in permanent black marker, which was a little strange. I tried contacting this person and they never contacted me back. Very unhappy with this transaction. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SELLER!!
on October 3, 2016
Very good book used in my athletic training program.