Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 931 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,016 reviews
on November 11, 2016
Popped beautifully in my air popper. Great high fiber snack(6g) and 4g protein per serving as well. 1/2 cup of this popped filled the biggest bowl I own and fed our family of 6. A little goes a long way. Very economical and fun to pop and eat.
The blue bowl is this corn. It pops big, but a little chewy. It was overflowing. By the time I took the picture, my kids had already grabbed some. The white bowl has white corn. White is crunchy, but small. Have a huge bowl ready or an extra bowl, this makes a lot of popcorn! I used 1/2 cup to make each!
review image
on October 1, 2016
No Complaints. I make popcorn in a big pot on the stove an usually use Amish Country, which is really good popcorn and non-gmo. BUT...the Amish brand is a bit expensive (I paid $12 for 4 lbs). So, I looked on Amazon for some better deals and saw this Orville 5 lb jug. I'm so happy I decided to try it! 100% natural and non-gmo, plus it only costed $8.?? for 5 lbs! I was getting more for my money. This is now my One and Only Go-To Popcorn, and let me tell you why :)

1. Pops better than the other brand I was using (didn't have any problem with popcorn sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning at all, unlike the other brand. I don't know why this was a problem with the other, but when made exactly the same way I made the Orville, it would do that.)

2. Tastes JUST LIKE Movie popcorn!! This is the stuff they use! I'm convinced....the other brand didn't taste like movie popcorn at all (and I use butter flavored salt and real butter on it)

3. Super Fluffy! I can put the same amount in my pan of the other brand and it only pops to about 3/4 the size of my pot (with ones on the bottom burnt a little). I use Orville (same methods, same amount) and when the popping settles, I open the lid and the popcorn is at the very top! I use a nice tall stainless steel pot (I think it's 8 quart if you're wondering).
on February 23, 2017
I don't write a lot of reviews, but this stuff is worth a review.

Folks, Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn IS all that! It's the second best popcorn I've ever eaten. Anywhere, anytime. Which is sad. Read on.

I'm a serious popcorn junkie. I eat popcorn 3-4 times a week and blow through one of these 8# jugs pretty quick. Too quick. I used to buy it in 3# jars at Target years ago, but then they stopped carrying it and those smaller jars at the supermarket were just too rich for my blood - I went back to Jolly Time.

Over the years I've sampled a lot of popcorns (hundreds of pounds), and I keep coming back to the inescapable fact that Orville Redenbacher's is simply and consistently the best. Jolly Time is OK. Trader Joe's 'Organic' is OK too (good flavor, less volume, an occasional stone). But for volume, texture and flavor it's O.R. hands down.

Which is a bummer, 'cause the stuff is expensive! Let me just climb up onto my soapbox here. I'm especially outraged that between the time I bought my first jug at Amazon last October it cost $11.49 and when I bought it again this January (TWO jugs - after going back to other brands and not being satisfied) it cost $14.88. I know the cost of corn didn't rise that much last fall, but Amazon figured out I was enough of a sucker.

I tried to resist the gouge, went back to Jolly Time, and then to Trader Joe's 'Organic.' Sadly, once you've had the best those others just won't do. I'm back, getting gouged, but willing to pay. Shame on you, Amazon!

Bottom line, it's a gourmet item. If you wants the best, you gots to pay. I do. But I'm not happy. Nevertheless, while it offends me, I find the value still justifies the price. For now. Your mileage may vary.
on April 23, 2016
POPCORN! Good old fashioned high quality popcorn- the good kind- not laden with chemicals and shoved in a bag to be radiated! NON GMO Premium Orville Redenbacher popcorn- I like to use this in a stir style popcorn popper- takes minimal amounts of oil and leaved very little to no "old maids" West Bend 82306 Stir Crazy 6-Quart Electric Popcorn Popper
This is a large supply and I shared with my friend who bought this microwave popper for her office and has now also vowed to never eat the yucky bagged kind again- http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Microwave-Popcorn-Popper/dp/B00004W4UP/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1461420551&sr=8-3&keywords=microwave+popcorn+popper
I will have to try that one also but I usually need a larger batch to share with the dogs! This price is unbeatable from any store also!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 28, 2016
I randomly Googled "secret to movie popcorn" one day and discovered Flavacol was the secret ingredient. I decided to try some, along with these popcorn kernels, and the results may just make you sneak your own popcorn in bags into a movie theater. Below is my recipe for a serving for two people.

— SERVING FOR TWO —
Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup of Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popping Corn, Original, 8lbs (this item)
• 1 teaspoon of Gold Medal Flavacol Seasoning Salt, 35oz.
• 3 tablespoon Paragon Coconut Popcorn Popping Oil, gallon
• Add as much to your liking of Great Northern Movie Theater Butter Topping, gallon (pending recommendation)

Directions:
1) Turn stove to medium-high on a medium pot (with a lid available); add coconut oil and Flavacol, mix around.
2) Drop in three kernels of popcorn as testers; put the lid on with a slight opening.
3) Once the three kernels pop, the oil is ready and you can pour all the kernels in and make sure the oil coats the kernels; put the lid on with a slight opening.
4) The popcorn will start popping. Once the popping stops to about 1 every few seconds, turn off the heat and let it sit for a minute for residual popping.
5) Pour popcorn into a bowl or two and add your butter oil topping of choice. I use a Tablecraft Olive Oil Dispenser, 8 oz with butter topping because it makes it easy to pour. Feel free to add any other food items (like Hawaiian Arare Crackers; this stuff is amazing) during this point.

*** TIP ***
The suggested kernel amount is for a medium-sized pot. If you want to pop more kernels you will need a bigger pot or it will overflow.

— SUMMARY —
Making movie popcorn can get expensive for all the ingredients, but compare it to how much it cost at the theaters and you'll change your mind. These kernels have about a 99% popping rate and are pretty tasty. Recommended.
on July 17, 2016
Nice tasting all natural popcorn at a great price. Say goodbye to all of those expensive microwavable salty popcorn bags. I also found that your microwave continues to cook your popcorn even after the kernels have popped, so get rid of those artificially flavored overcooked popcorn bags. If you love hot fluffy great tasting all natural popcorn and not the supermarket pre-popped shelf bags that are loaded with fat, salt, artificial butter and preservatives, then get a hot air popcorn maker and a jug of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Kernels. A healthy snack alternative choice after let's say having your fill of fruit if you are a health conscious person. You choose what to put on your popcorn or not. My kids love it!
on March 14, 2017
Only 1/2 cup of Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn in my "Whirley Pop" stovetop popcorn maker Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper results in a LARGE bowl of popcorn! I will also state MOST ALL of the kernels pop. Now, it's the only popcorn brand I use! I would highly recommend this - particularly if you use a Whirley Pop maker!
on February 23, 2016
The Snappy white popcorn is better than the Orville Redenbacher product. I popped both exactly the same way using Snappy coconut oil and the Orville's was chewier and heavier. It almost tastes stale despite being within date. I won't buy this again as long as Snappy white popcorn is available on Amazon.
on October 11, 2016
Light fluffy & wonderful popcorn!
I purchased this with "Lekue Microwave Popcorn Popper/ Popcorn Maker" -- excellent combo!
Nearly all kernels popped!!!
on March 26, 2017
Have gone through one of these 8lb jugs in the last three months and just ordered another. Virtually NO unpopped kernels with my Whirley Popper and with the proper heat, they pop big and fluffy with minimal to no hulls.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.