Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,026 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,114 reviews
on March 23, 2016
We like to make our own popcorn in the microwave.
We then sprinkle a little olive oil over it and add some salt.
Much healthier than slathering melted butter over it or even worse using one of the artificially flavored products.
So we have used Redenbacher's original popcorn for a long time.

This (Redenbacher's original) is by far the best popcorn that we have ever tried.
All you get is real popcorn - no additives, preservatives or artificial taste or coloring.
When popping, it is rare to have any more than a few lonely kernels at the bottom of the bowl that have not popped.
(we have tried other brands where 20-30% of the kernels haven't popped!)
Furthermore and most important - the taste is what popcorn should taste like.
The taste of real popcorn really comes from what you add to it - like the olive oil and salt.

The only complaint I have is that it is getting more difficult to find this product and the price has started to climb.
Even Redenbacher seems to be moving it sales toward the popcorn that is buttered or even worse - tastes like butter, and can be popped in the self contained microwave packages. This is not positive progress!
on July 17, 2016
Nice tasting all natural popcorn at a great price. Say goodbye to all of those expensive microwavable salty popcorn bags. I also found that your microwave continues to cook your popcorn even after the kernels have popped, so get rid of those artificially flavored overcooked popcorn bags. If you love hot fluffy great tasting all natural popcorn and not the supermarket pre-popped shelf bags that are loaded with fat, salt, artificial butter and preservatives, then get a hot air popcorn maker and a jug of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Kernels. A healthy snack alternative choice after let's say having your fill of fruit if you are a health conscious person. You choose what to put on your popcorn or not. My kids love it!
on August 16, 2016
Great popcorn. Nearly every kernel pops. Perfect with our new popcorn maker.

5 stars – I love it! It is awesome and I highly recommend everyone to purchase this product!
4 stars – I like it, but there are some flaws but I would purchase again.
3 stars - It was okay, but I would probably not buy it again unless there are no other options.
2 stars – There may be worse products out there, but you can definitely find something better.
1 star – I dislike the product, I wish I had not purchased it and will not recommend the product to others.
If my review was helpful, I would appreciate your feedback by clicking the 'Yes' button below. Thanks!
on March 14, 2017
Only 1/2 cup of Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn in my "Whirley Pop" stovetop popcorn maker Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper results in a LARGE bowl of popcorn! I will also state MOST ALL of the kernels pop. Now, it's the only popcorn brand I use! I would highly recommend this - particularly if you use a Whirley Pop maker!
on August 6, 2016
Over my long lifetime, I've made popcorn countless times. I do not recall ever having a result like I had yestereday with Orville's. I have a container I use to hold several poppings from my hot air popper. It usually takes three batches to fill. Yesterday I couldn't fit the entire second batch in the container the kernels are just so large (huge). If I was selling popcorn at an event, I would really make a nice profit using this brand. I strongly recommend.
The popcorn was shipped with several other items I purchased, and while the shipping box, and all the other items where in perfect condition, the popcorn container was damaged and leaking popcorn. For that reason, I moved the popcorn to a different container and never checked the freshness date.
Although the popcorn is good, it doesn't seem that fresh to me (strictly judging by taste).
That said, it pops well and we enjoy our popcorn on movie nights.
on April 14, 2017
This was a great deal for $19, no way will I purchase it again for $29!! What a ripoff!!
on September 24, 2016
Normally I'm a bag-in-the-microwave person but thought i'd give this a whirl. Using a 5qt stove top chili pot with a glass cover i poured in one cup of kernels that had been mixed with ~2 tbsps of Wabash Valley Farms popping oil. It took a few minutes and a bit of shaking along the way but i eventually had a very full pot of perfectly popped popcorn with not a single burnt kernel to be found.

On a side note... watching this stuff pop under the glass cover of the pot was actually a bit exciting. One pop then another pop and then all of a sudden its an utter chaos of little explosions with kernels flying everywhere :)
on August 31, 2016
I don't know if I got old kernels or if Orville changed his supplier, but this popcorn is not living up to expectations. I bought it to go with the Nordicware popcorn bowl and it just doesn't pop up fluffy, like I think it should. When purchasing the bowl, Amazon suggested this popcorn as a frequent purchase. There are quite a bit of hulls stuck to each kernel. How do they remove the hulls anyway? Well, back to the point. I used about a 1/4 of it and then bought a small jar of Pop Secret and OMG..what a difference.Every kernel popped up light and fluffy and very few hulls So, this giant jug of unused Orville is sitting in my cabinet, waiting for me to , well, I guess pop it up and toss it in the yard for all the little birdies to enjoy. The whole point was to pop corn without all the goop they add to those little microwave bags. To that end, I guess it works. I'm sure if I had children in the house, they wouldn't complain.
on September 17, 2016
I purchased this through amazon. I normally use an air popper and LOVE Orville. However I purchased the West Bend 82306 Stir Crazy 6-Quart Electric Popcorn Popper along with Coconut Popcorn Popping Oil (Gallon) & Flavocol Combo . I used a cup of the popcorn, 1 tbs of coconut oil and let it get hot before adding corn and only 1/3rd of that popped. The bottom was covered in un-popped corn. I tested my grocery store Orville and much better results, it all popped. No idea why this Jug didn't want to pop. I have been making popcorn since I was 6. My nickname is popcorn Patty. I have used the shake method over the stove in an old cast iron pan, fire , air, earth you name it. No idea if this was a bad batch. I did 5 loads and they all came out undesirable. I am sticking to buying my corn in stores where I can look, read and see it. Just my opinion, hope you all get a good Jug!