BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 23, 2016
We like to make our own popcorn in the microwave.
We then sprinkle a little olive oil over it and add some salt.
Much healthier than slathering melted butter over it or even worse using one of the artificially flavored products.
So we have used Redenbacher's original popcorn for a long time.

This (Redenbacher's original) is by far the best popcorn that we have ever tried.
All you get is real popcorn - no additives, preservatives or artificial taste or coloring.
When popping, it is rare to have any more than a few lonely kernels at the bottom of the bowl that have not popped.
(we have tried other brands where 20-30% of the kernels haven't popped!)
Furthermore and most important - the taste is what popcorn should taste like.
The taste of real popcorn really comes from what you add to it - like the olive oil and salt.

The only complaint I have is that it is getting more difficult to find this product and the price has started to climb.
Even Redenbacher seems to be moving it sales toward the popcorn that is buttered or even worse - tastes like butter, and can be popped in the self contained microwave packages. This is not positive progress!
on July 17, 2016
Nice tasting all natural popcorn at a great price. Say goodbye to all of those expensive microwavable salty popcorn bags. I also found that your microwave continues to cook your popcorn even after the kernels have popped, so get rid of those artificially flavored overcooked popcorn bags. If you love hot fluffy great tasting all natural popcorn and not the supermarket pre-popped shelf bags that are loaded with fat, salt, artificial butter and preservatives, then get a hot air popcorn maker and a jug of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Kernels. A healthy snack alternative choice after let's say having your fill of fruit if you are a health conscious person. You choose what to put on your popcorn or not. My kids love it!
on March 14, 2017
Only 1/2 cup of Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn in my "Whirley Pop" stovetop popcorn maker Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper results in a LARGE bowl of popcorn! I will also state MOST ALL of the kernels pop. Now, it's the only popcorn brand I use! I would highly recommend this - particularly if you use a Whirley Pop maker!
on August 6, 2016
Over my long lifetime, I've made popcorn countless times. I do not recall ever having a result like I had yestereday with Orville's. I have a container I use to hold several poppings from my hot air popper. It usually takes three batches to fill. Yesterday I couldn't fit the entire second batch in the container the kernels are just so large (huge). If I was selling popcorn at an event, I would really make a nice profit using this brand. I strongly recommend.
on April 14, 2017
This was a great deal for $19, no way will I purchase it again for $29!! What a ripoff!!
The popcorn was shipped with several other items I purchased, and while the shipping box, and all the other items where in perfect condition, the popcorn container was damaged and leaking popcorn. For that reason, I moved the popcorn to a different container and never checked the freshness date.
Although the popcorn is good, it doesn't seem that fresh to me (strictly judging by taste).
That said, it pops well and we enjoy our popcorn on movie nights.
on June 22, 2017
We use this popcorn in our Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper. This popcorn is fresh and pops beautifully. The container is convenient and much better than bags that tend to spill. We used this entire container in 6 weeks with 25 students. It's an affordable way to gather and unwind after a day of assignments and traveling.
on July 25, 2017
Great popcorn! For years I bought another brand from Amazon but decided to try this. It's yellower, pops larger (in my air popper), isn't tough, smells better, and tastes better than what I'd been buying. Buying 8 pounds at a time is a lot of popcorn, so i transfer batches of it into another air tight container
on October 19, 2017
Probably the worst popcorn we've purchased as in stale taste. No consistency or flavor for the money spent. My assumption is this was from an '" old batch of corn " because it sure isn't of the normal Orville Redenbacher quality. I now purchase locally and its a vast improvement over this.
on October 3, 2017
Doesn't expire until May of next year and with the rate my two kids eat popcorn they will finish this before may of next year. The corn looks new still very well kept in a safe room temperature environment before arriving to me. I am happy my kids like healthy unflavored popcorn, not for me tho.