Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 970 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,052 reviews
on February 23, 2017
I don't write a lot of reviews, but this stuff is worth a review.

Folks, Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn IS all that! It's the second best popcorn I've ever eaten. Anywhere, anytime. Which is sad. Read on.

I'm a serious popcorn junkie. I eat popcorn 3-4 times a week and blow through one of these 8# jugs pretty quick. Too quick. I used to buy it in 3# jars at Target years ago, but then they stopped carrying it and those smaller jars at the supermarket were just too rich for my blood - I went back to Jolly Time.

Over the years I've sampled a lot of popcorns (hundreds of pounds), and I keep coming back to the inescapable fact that Orville Redenbacher's is simply and consistently the best. Jolly Time is OK. Trader Joe's 'Organic' is OK too (good flavor, less volume, an occasional stone). But for volume, texture and flavor it's O.R. hands down.

Which is a bummer, 'cause the stuff is expensive! Let me just climb up onto my soapbox here. I'm especially outraged that between the time I bought my first jug at Amazon last October it cost $11.49 and when I bought it again this January (TWO jugs - after going back to other brands and not being satisfied) it cost $14.88. I know the cost of corn didn't rise that much last fall, but Amazon figured out I was enough of a sucker.

I tried to resist the gouge, went back to Jolly Time, and then to Trader Joe's 'Organic.' Sadly, once you've had the best those others just won't do. I'm back, getting gouged, but willing to pay. Shame on you, Amazon!

Bottom line, it's a gourmet item. If you wants the best, you gots to pay. I do. But I'm not happy. Nevertheless, while it offends me, I find the value still justifies the price. For now. Your mileage may vary.
on November 11, 2016
Popped beautifully in my air popper. Great high fiber snack(6g) and 4g protein per serving as well. 1/2 cup of this popped filled the biggest bowl I own and fed our family of 6. A little goes a long way. Very economical and fun to pop and eat.
The blue bowl is this corn. It pops big, but a little chewy. It was overflowing. By the time I took the picture, my kids had already grabbed some. The white bowl has white corn. White is crunchy, but small. Have a huge bowl ready or an extra bowl, this makes a lot of popcorn! I used 1/2 cup to make each!
review image
on October 1, 2016
No Complaints. I make popcorn in a big pot on the stove an usually use Amish Country, which is really good popcorn and non-gmo. BUT...the Amish brand is a bit expensive (I paid $12 for 4 lbs). So, I looked on Amazon for some better deals and saw this Orville 5 lb jug. I'm so happy I decided to try it! 100% natural and non-gmo, plus it only costed $8.?? for 5 lbs! I was getting more for my money. This is now my One and Only Go-To Popcorn, and let me tell you why :)

1. Pops better than the other brand I was using (didn't have any problem with popcorn sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning at all, unlike the other brand. I don't know why this was a problem with the other, but when made exactly the same way I made the Orville, it would do that.)

2. Tastes JUST LIKE Movie popcorn!! This is the stuff they use! I'm convinced....the other brand didn't taste like movie popcorn at all (and I use butter flavored salt and real butter on it)

3. Super Fluffy! I can put the same amount in my pan of the other brand and it only pops to about 3/4 the size of my pot (with ones on the bottom burnt a little). I use Orville (same methods, same amount) and when the popping settles, I open the lid and the popcorn is at the very top! I use a nice tall stainless steel pot (I think it's 8 quart if you're wondering).
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 28, 2016
I randomly Googled "secret to movie popcorn" one day and discovered Flavacol was the secret ingredient. I decided to try some, along with these popcorn kernels, and the results may just make you sneak your own popcorn in bags into a movie theater. Below is my recipe for a serving for two people.

— SERVING FOR TWO —
Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup of Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popping Corn, Original, 8lbs (this item)
• 1 teaspoon of Gold Medal Flavacol Seasoning Salt, 35oz.
• 3 tablespoon Paragon Coconut Popcorn Popping Oil, gallon
• Add as much to your liking of Great Northern Movie Theater Butter Topping, gallon (pending recommendation)

Directions:
1) Turn stove to medium-high on a medium pot (with a lid available); add coconut oil and Flavacol, mix around.
2) Drop in three kernels of popcorn as testers; put the lid on with a slight opening.
3) Once the three kernels pop, the oil is ready and you can pour all the kernels in and make sure the oil coats the kernels; put the lid on with a slight opening.
4) The popcorn will start popping. Once the popping stops to about 1 every few seconds, turn off the heat and let it sit for a minute for residual popping.
5) Pour popcorn into a bowl or two and add your butter oil topping of choice. I use a Tablecraft Olive Oil Dispenser, 8 oz with butter topping because it makes it easy to pour. Feel free to add any other food items (like Hawaiian Arare Crackers; this stuff is amazing) during this point.

*** TIP ***
The suggested kernel amount is for a medium-sized pot. If you want to pop more kernels you will need a bigger pot or it will overflow.

— SUMMARY —
Making movie popcorn can get expensive for all the ingredients, but compare it to how much it cost at the theaters and you'll change your mind. These kernels have about a 99% popping rate and are pretty tasty. Recommended.
on April 23, 2016
POPCORN! Good old fashioned high quality popcorn- the good kind- not laden with chemicals and shoved in a bag to be radiated! NON GMO Premium Orville Redenbacher popcorn- I like to use this in a stir style popcorn popper- takes minimal amounts of oil and leaved very little to no "old maids" West Bend 82306 Stir Crazy 6-Quart Electric Popcorn Popper
This is a large supply and I shared with my friend who bought this microwave popper for her office and has now also vowed to never eat the yucky bagged kind again- http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Microwave-Popcorn-Popper/dp/B00004W4UP/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1461420551&sr=8-3&keywords=microwave+popcorn+popper
I will have to try that one also but I usually need a larger batch to share with the dogs! This price is unbeatable from any store also!
on March 23, 2016
We like to make our own popcorn in the microwave.
We then sprinkle a little olive oil over it and add some salt.
Much healthier than slathering melted butter over it or even worse using one of the artificially flavored products.
So we have used Redenbacher's original popcorn for a long time.

This (Redenbacher's original) is by far the best popcorn that we have ever tried.
All you get is real popcorn - no additives, preservatives or artificial taste or coloring.
When popping, it is rare to have any more than a few lonely kernels at the bottom of the bowl that have not popped.
(we have tried other brands where 20-30% of the kernels haven't popped!)
Furthermore and most important - the taste is what popcorn should taste like.
The taste of real popcorn really comes from what you add to it - like the olive oil and salt.

The only complaint I have is that it is getting more difficult to find this product and the price has started to climb.
Even Redenbacher seems to be moving it sales toward the popcorn that is buttered or even worse - tastes like butter, and can be popped in the self contained microwave packages. This is not positive progress!
on July 17, 2016
Nice tasting all natural popcorn at a great price. Say goodbye to all of those expensive microwavable salty popcorn bags. I also found that your microwave continues to cook your popcorn even after the kernels have popped, so get rid of those artificially flavored overcooked popcorn bags. If you love hot fluffy great tasting all natural popcorn and not the supermarket pre-popped shelf bags that are loaded with fat, salt, artificial butter and preservatives, then get a hot air popcorn maker and a jug of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Kernels. A healthy snack alternative choice after let's say having your fill of fruit if you are a health conscious person. You choose what to put on your popcorn or not. My kids love it!
on June 22, 2016
a love this product its very yummy and delicious every time I watch my show this is what I want to eat ..everyday I eat popcorn ..my husband always buy for me this product they wll not allow to finish it ..woow love it ..I hope I can get a good a promo code from the seller so I will continue to have it in our home .and share to my family and friends who visit us .. Only one thing I love this product very affordable and yummy .. It is healthy snacks easy to full your stomach ..I don't care if I wll eat ever night .. I enjoying and love it no one can stop me even my husband .. He loves to prepare me to and he knows I wll need it at night 😊
review image
on November 14, 2016
Easy to pour...did note that sometimes the popped corn is better than other times, but may be the amount I'm putting in my popper. This now is an edit. Near the bottom of the container, but price has gone up nearly 3 dollars! Won't pay it. Back to looking for a better deal!
on April 14, 2017
This was a great deal for $19, no way will I purchase it again for $29!! What a ripoff!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.