- Save 10% on Orzly Black Grip Case for Nintendo Switch in GamePad Mode when you purchase 1 or more Orzly Black Carry Case for Nintendo Switch offered by Orzly Store. Enter code NSPCKGCK at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Orzly Carry Case Compatible With Nintendo Switch - BLACK Protective Hard Portable Travel Carry Case Shell Pouch for Nintendo Switch Console & Accessories
$ 68 $24.99 Save $10.31 (41%)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Designed to make your new Nintendo Switch Console even more portable & travel friendly
- Fits the Nintendo Switch tablet with both its Joy-Con controllers attached to it, and the upper section features a separate inner pocket which can fit extra JoyCons, Cables, Games, and other smaller but essential accessories. (Please note this cannot accommodate larger items like the dock or pro-controllers)
- Hard EVA shell keeps your device protected while the soft inner material keeps your device free from scratches
- Perfect carry case for keeping your Nintendo Switch securely stored when travelling or when not in use
- Designed specifically for the Nintendo Switch. For our full range of Nintendo Switch accessories, search 'ORZLY SWITCH' in the Amazon search bar (above)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
TRAVEL CASE FOR NINTENDO SWITCH:
Designed to make your new Nintendo Switch Console even more portable & travel friendly.
The main bottom section of this case fits the Nintendo Switch tablet with both its Joy-Con controllers attached to it, and the upper section features a separate inner pocket which can fit extra JoyCons, Cables, Games, and other smaller but essential accessories. (Please note this cannot accommodate larger items like the dock or pro-controllers).
TOUGH AND DURABLE:
Hard EVA shell keeps your device protected while the soft inner material keeps your device free from scratches.
Perfect carry case for keeping your Nintendo Switch securely stored when travelling or when not in use.
CUSTOM MADE TO SPECS:
This case is designed specifically for use the Nintendo Switch. For our full range of Nintendo Switch accessories, search 'ORZLY SWITCH' in the Amazon search bar (above).
THE NINTENDO SWITCH CONSOLE, CONTROLLERS, AND OTHER ACCESSORIES SHOWN IN IMAGES ARE FOR USAGE DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY AND ARE NOT INCLUDED WITH THIS CASE.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After my poor review, Nina from Orzly reached out to me and asked me to describe the issues I had with the case - she quickly determined that the quality did not meet their standards and sent me a replacement from England (I'm in NYC US) - I just received the new case and its far better quality, no more string sticking out, the zippers are on straight and the two sides are perfectly symmetrical - feels like a completely different product. Maybe they had a bad batch, but this current case is great and I would now highly recommend it - not to mention this appears to be a company that stands behind their products. Thanks Nina and Orzly.
The Switch console section of the case also has two elastic bands to hold the console in place when the case is opened. There's a middle section of the case that covers just the screen area to protect it from damage from anything you might put in the other pocket, and that section doubles as game card storage with small slots for game cards. However, there is no storage for any extra microSD cards you may carry. This isn't a huge deal breaker, as you could theoretically put one in a game card slot (the mesh on the slots is fine enough that a microSD card won't fall through).
The accessories pocket that sits opposite the console has a mesh and elastic netting which holds the accessories in place. However, since this mesh covers only about 2/3rds of the pocket area, I have found that how you place your accessories in this pocket will determine whether everything stays in place when you open the case or whether you have to go fishing for things that fall out. On a plane especially, this is critically important. That said, I'm able to comfortably fit two extra joycons (with side covers), the side covers for the joycons currently attached to the Switch console and the power adapter provided by Nintendo in the accessories pocket.
On the subject of opening the case- since there are no distinctive markings on the outside rubber shell of the case and the case exterior appears symmetrical, it's easy to open the case upside down and accidentally drop accessories out. My personal solution to this is to always zip the zipper from right to left when closing (since there are two, you can theoretically go any direction you like). Since I have adopted that as a convention, I always know the case is right-side-up if the handle is in the back, the zipper is closed and the zipper heads are on the left side of the case. This is a minor annoyance at first; but, once you get familiar with the case design, I imagine everyone will instinctively know the direction the typically zip it on closing.
In addition, while it wasn't difficult at all to close the case and zip it with all my accessories inside, I did notice the seam showing when the case was closed. This seems to be okay and upon initial testing doesn't seem to portend weakness in the construction of the case; but, only time will tell. I'm a lighter user of the portable mode of the Switch; but, if I find that the seam starts pulling apart later, I'll come back to update my review and let Orzly know of the potential defect.
Finally, one other thing to note is that the case smells VERY strongly of plastic when first opened. Even as an electronics enthusiast who likes the smell of new electronics (hooray for Pavlovian training), the smell is a little overpowering at first. I left the case open the first day I owned it, since I wasn't travelling and didn't yet need to use it and the smell has mostly dissipated.
- Comfortably fits everything necessary for table-top portable mode play
- Console protected from accessories by screen shield
- Game storage in screen shield
- Molded console pocket and elastic straps hold console firmly in place
- Tough feeling shell, seems durable
- Comfortable handle for convenient carrying
- Accessories pocket not covered enough by mesh to prevent accessories from falling out without being careful about how they are inserted
- Symmetric exterior design makes it easy to open the case upside down, making dumping the accessories more of a risk
- No storage dedicated to microSD cards (though the game card slots could double as a microSD card slots)
- Strong plastic smell for a few hours upon initial opening
- Flat black exterior design is functional but not as attractive as some other cases
Verdict- all in all, I'm pleased. The case is inexpensive and so far seems up to the task of holding everything you need to enjoy gaming on the go. The simple flat black design leaves something to be desired aesthetically; but, the functional interior of the case makes up for this flaw, especially considering the good price.
Inside you will find it is lined with a soft microfiber. There is a mesh pocket on the top that goes about 3/4 of the way up and holds a ton of stuff. The bottom of the case has a double sided flap. The top holds 8 cartridges and the bottom is padded to fully protect your Nintendo switch screen. The bottom of the case is form molded to hold your Nintendo Switch perfectly and even has loose fitting elastic on each side to help secure it in place. I originally bought the officially licensed Tough Pouch, but much prefer this one. They are almost identical in size and appear to be made about the same way. The pouch is a fraction thinner and does not have a handle. It has almost the same inside except not as useful. The flap that protects the screen is sewn at the top and does not fully protect the screen on the touch pouch, where this one is on the bottom and fully protects the screen. The Orzly case holds 8 games and accessories and the tough pouch only holds the switch and 5 cartridges. Another thing I love about this case is that it is simple and black. There is no advertising on it anywhere and no way for thieves to know you are carrying an brand new Video Game Console.
Please see photos for more details and please excuse the crappy screen protector I have on the Switch in these pics. The 5th picture shows the Orzly pouch on top and the Tough Pouch on the bottom for size comparison.
* Holds 8 cartridges or micro SD cards
* Large Mesh Pouch can hold all cords, chargers, or an accessory. I even fit 2 entire game cases in the pouch!
* Large soft screen protector sewn into case.
* Handle for carrying the case.
* Lightweight, yet strong and durable.
* The Soft, microfiber interior protects your console and controllers from everyday wear and tear, bumps and scrapes.
This case is well worth the $25 it retails for and the case I compared it to is currently selling for $40! Only issue I had was that it was sent in a bubble mailer, so the outside box was crushed. This would be a problem if it were a gift, but it did not affect the actual product in any way.