Osaka, 1 Liter Electric Quick Boil Gooseneck Water Kettle for Drip Coffee – Accurate Flow Control And Fully Stainless Steel Interior Tea Kettle - Perfect For Manually Brewed Pour Over Coffee and Tea
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- GET GREAT CONSISTENT RESULTS EVERY TIME, WITH PRECISE AND CONTROLLED POURING – In order to manually brew coffee/tea properly it is crucial to be able to control your pouring speed and amount. Our expertly design curved gooseneck will give you full control over your pouring. Perfect for pour over coffee and manually brewed tea leaves. Will pair great with any pourover kit from Osaka Coffee or even a Chemex. Balanced weight and ergonomic handling ensure the same great results every time you brew.
- THE ONLY ELECTRIC GOOSENECK KETTLE WITH A FULLY STAINLESS STEEL INTERIOR – Made from top-quality 18/8 stainless steel the interior of the kettle has no plastics, putting safety and quality at the forefront while allowing you to brew better-tasting coffee. Even though the tea kettle is rust-resistant, calcium can still build up and cause discoloration. Please descale the teakettle periodically using a descaling powder mixed with water. This should remove any discoloration.
- ERGONOMIC COOL-TOUCH HANDLE FOR AN EASY CONTROLLED FLOW – Large sized handle will fit your whole hand comfortably and securely. Leaving you free to focus on your pour. Pourover coffee is a precise and delicate art; the more control that you have on the variables, the better-tasting and more consistent your results will be. Other water kettles (without flow control) tend to either burn or under-extract the coffee beans/tea leaves. Osaka’s gooseneck kettle will bring you the perfection you seek.
- POWERFUL ETL CERTIFIED 1000 WATT BASE IS EXPERTLY DESIGNED FOR THE PERFECT BREW – The Kettle holds up to a full liter of water and with our quick boil technology the water will be ready for brewing in a fraction of the time it takes for a normal teakettle to boil. Shuts off automatically when it reaches a full boil. Dry boil safety feature shuts the kettle if there is no water inside. Cordless kettle ensures no tangled wires while brewing.
- JOIN THE EVER GROWING COFFEE CULTURE AND LEARN FROM THE PROS - With our detailed instructions and tips, anyone can create a delicious coffee like a professional barista. Enjoy it with peace of mind knowing that Osaka and quality products are synonymous and rest assured that our renowned customer service team has your back. For any defects in the materials or craftsmanship of any Osaka product, please contact our customer service team and we will be glad to assist you.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The curved gooseneck was engineered for a precise controlled pour. Use for manually brewing pour-over coffee, tea or any hot beverage. The ergonomic handle is specially designed for a comfortable fit, so you have the ultimate control. Most kettle have either uncomfortable handles or are designed too small. Full wrap around handle also keeps you hand protected from the hot surface of the kettle.
1000 Watts of power allows for quick and easy heating. With automatic shut-off, all it takes is one touch of a button for boiling water.
Made from top quality stainless steel (and plastic for the handle and lid knob). The interior does not have any plastic at all. Capacity is 1 liter.
How to Use:
Using the Kettle:
- Before first use, clean the kettle by boiling up water twice and then spill it out.
- Fill the kettle with water till the max marking.
- Cover with the lid (with the holes facing the handle) and place the kettle on the base.
- Connect the power plug to an outlet, and press down the on/off switch.
- The water will automatically start boiling and shut off when it is finished.
Caring for the Kettle:
- Clean the outside with a damp cloth.
- Clean the inside with warm water and soap and rinse thoroughly.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Let the kettle dry completely before using again.
- Decalcify the kettle every once in a while.
- Decalcify the kettle by filling it till the max mark with a mixture of equal parts of vinegar and water.
- Boil up the mixture and then dispose.
- After decalcifying, clean the kettle and boil up water twice before using again.
Tips for Optimal Coffee Brewing:
- Use filtered water for best results.
- A standard coffee mug is approximately 5 oz. Two leveled tablespoon of coffee is an average measurement to start with. This is approximately 10 grams in weight for every 5 oz. You may want to adjust the amount of coffee according to your taste.
- When brewing a pour-over coffee, do not pour a lot of water at a time. Rather use a slow, controlled pour. The grinds should never be swimming in water; but should be slightly covered.
- To extract the most flavor from your coffee, let it 'bloom" a little. Simply pour twice the amount of water than coffee and let it sit for 30 seconds before brewing.
- Never immerse base or kettle in water as it will damage the mechanism.
- Wait 1 minute after boiling water to allow the kettle to cool before using it again.
- Do not open lid while boiling water.
- Do not fill past the max mark as it might damage the automatic sensor. The rod inside fills with steam and activates the shutoff when it reaches a full boil.
JAPANESE PERFECTION IN EVERY CUP OF COFFEE.
Osaka is a large city on the Japanese island of Honshu which is known for its modern architecture, boisterous nightlife and delicious coffee shops. Inspired by its rich aromas and unique brewing techniques, Osaka Coffee was born. We carefully design each of our products to give you the ultimate coffee experience. Every one of our products are sleek and attractive to display, and will perform better than anything else. If you are not yet in love with the process of coffee-making, be prepared to be infatuated.
With Osaka it is always so much more than design, it is about finding the perfect balance between aesthetics and performance. Since 2013, our product line has been continuously expanding to what we currently carry. But our coffee enthusiastic designers are developing, tasting and testing many more products and designs that we look forward to delivering to the coffee consumer in the coming year. We are excited to continue to bring beautiful, quality coffee brewers.
Our Brand Mission
We at Osaka are strong devotees of what is called the “third wave of coffee”. It is essentially the belief that coffee is not just a drink or a commodity, it is a specialty. Much like wine the flavors are nuanced and vary greatly. We believe that in order to fully enjoy coffee it is not just the source of the beans or the method of roasting. If you brew it incorrectly the results will not be satisfactory. With our brewers, guides and tips, you too can learn to really enjoy a cup of coffee brewed perfectly.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I did contact the company to find out whether the kettle does have aluminum as one alarmist reviewer seemed absolutely sure but that reviewer was absolutely wrong!
Here is their response:
1. Before we answer this, you can try sticking a magnet to the lid of the kettle, and you will see that side part is magnetic and the top of the lid is not. You will notice that the lid is one piece; not welded or attached or connected. So conclusively, it is made of one material, it can't be part stainless and part aluminum.
This kettle is made of stainless steel, and not aluminum.
So why the magnetic force?
During cold forming, the rubbing of the mold and steel causes a friction that will magnetize the steel. A better way to understand this would be to think about what happens when you rub a balloon against your hair. It will cause static electricity and the negative charge on the balloon activates the ability to stick the balloon to other surfaces. So too, the contact between the mold and steel triggers a magnetic charge on the stainless steel kettle.
That is why some people have come to the wrong conclusion, based on the magnetic force.
2. In addition, the kettle has been tested thoroughly. I have attached test results from a lab, proving that the kettle is Stainless Steel.
I hope this clears up the matter for you. You can rest assured that the kettle is all stainless steel. I will be glad to answer any more questions.
I've been using the Osaka at home for the past 2 weeks or so, and here's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars: there is a small, worrying rust-colored spot at the base of the pour spout. I am unsure whether this is rust or some kind of mineral buildup, but after only two weeks to have a spot like that is extremely worrisome. I will keep tabs on how it develops and update my review if it turns out for the better or worse.
I was not compensated in any way to provide a review, and I purchased the Osaka solely after seeing tons of rust concerns with Bonavita's electric kettles. The product itself is great, but the quality of materials is my only concern.
Product received with an odd smell, but nothing a little diluted white vinegar couldn't handle. However, after two uses the base began showing signs of heavy spotting and even a dot of what appears to be rust. Very disappointed.
About a week after purchase, I heated my first cup of water for coffee. Everything went as expected. I then went to reheat the water, it did not work, but I poured the water anyway on my second cup since it still had enough residual heat. Thinking little of it, I went about my day. I decided I wanted to relax with some tea, and went to heat some water, when I noticed it would not heat up again, with new water, in any wall outlet I plugged it into, and with no obvious physical defects. I never dropped the kettle. I store it in an inverted position to allow it to dry, but since the kettle stopped working in the middle of use, my suspicion is a failure of parts. I eagerly await a replacement.
it burned me and got nearly into the electrical base. this was a HORRIBLE accident that could have been WAY worse than even a burned hand and arm. the HANDLE FELL OFF of a thing filled with boiling water! =:0 it looks like the bottom of where the handle attaches wasnt soldered on properly? i dont know, but it seems cheaply made altogether.
it is NOT made in Japan, the booklet says "inspired" by Japan. Japan makes high quality stuff, it's too bad this Chinese company wasnt inspire by THAT instead of just the Japanese lettering on the logo. do i have to give one star? because i give it negative all the stars possible...
Most recent customer reviews
Just one heads up. The cord appears to be only 6 inches long.Read more
I can make my instant coffee, literally...instantly. It’s so practical, no plug in, no hot surfaces at the bottom so it can be placed anywhere without...Read more