Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by NERD Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Oshin

Customer reviews

Oshin
Format: Audio CD|Change

I heard an early U2 inspired guitar riff on the radio and was intrigued. I bought this album and am really enjoying it. Yes, they do sound a bit like Real Estate amped up a bit, but that extra amp makes their sound more interesting to me. I think this is a strong effort from a promising new band.
They do invoke that early U2 sound on some songs and then just interesting dream pop progressions that are all their own that makes for a very rewarding sound.

I look forward to their next album.
on April 17, 2017
13 brief tracks of dream pop-like alternative with some "hall" vocals! They sound like 80/90's music! Thanx!
on February 10, 2017
I only came across this band a few weeks ago and wow are they good. It's hard to describe this album, sort of surf-rock-ish, sort of post-rock-ish. Amazing guitar that takes the forefront over the vocals. DIIV creates a beautiful sound. This is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time.
on September 24, 2012
I know a lot of people compare DIIv to Beach Fossils, and of course, Cole is in both bands. But, they are different bands although some of the sounds may be similar. With DIIV, you will get more of an 80's vibe more than the surf vibe. With DIIV, you will get to hear more bass, and just in general, you'll hear more instruments come out. You will see the Nirvana influence as well... You need to be a real fan to see it and hear it. Overall, I think this is one of the best albums which have come out this year. It is definitely worth it.
on January 29, 2013
I like the energy and great guitar playing on each tune, mostly three-minute offerings of what sound like Fender Fests. Fender Frolics. I told some buddies they sound like the Beach Boys or Ventures on steroids. Only a couple dogs with fleas among the 13 songs. Vocals could use some clarity, too. The final song is a 180-degree departure that stuns and mesmerizes.
As commanded on the back cover of Ziggy Stardust, it applies to Oshin: To Be Played at Maximum Volume, especially tracks 3, 5 and 12.
Good show, boys! Can't wait for the next album.
on April 25, 2013
New band I am digging on hard. Young kids trying to revive 60's/70's psychedelia with a post-modern twist. It is a smooth, progressive sound reminiscent of early psychedelia rock like Pink Floyd & Can mixed with co-opted jams that easily distract the visual listener from the the 'hipster', fashion-conscious appearance. DIIV's music, thus far, is authentic and really good. In summation, DIIV's Oshin is refreshing, smart and beautiful. Great music that can make you disappear, for better, for worse.
on September 2, 2013
Oshin is just what I needed, just didn't know it. Glad to know it now. The 90s influence is there, but it's not over done so it's always welcomed by my ears. Really looking forward to the next set of tracks, but I wouldn't mind it if the sound gained a little more in complexity. Quality of the vinyl is good and received it in pristine condition.
on June 20, 2013
Amazing record that need to be listened some times to be understood and enjoyed.
The atmosphere is great and the feeling this record delivers is something pretty new to me.
It has dark melodies and psychedelic vocals but the vibe is really positive.
I think we'll be talking about this record for a long time....
on October 13, 2014
I just picked this up and so far I like it. I hear Interpol, Joy Division, and Bauhaus woven together into what could serve as a cool soundtrack to a surf film.
on December 27, 2012
These kids can do no wrong.. One of those few albums you stuff in the player and let the whole thing roll..Put it back in the case pull it out the next day and repeat. No time to tell you how I'm in the trade, and seen everybody, etc..These guys are great, they rock, buy it..