Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on April 12, 2012
I originally bought this for my girlfriend because I thought it would be too small for me. She never used it but I've used it several times so it's become mine. I've found that for something to wear while jogging I really like this pack. It's small and you can customize it to fit your torso. I noticed in one review someone mentioned being barrel-chested and that caused the chest strap to be too snug for a comfortable fit. This had me a bit concerned because I'm a bit barrel-chested myself. I weigh 200 lbs and this bag has plenty of leftover strap in the chest for me. I also like that the chest straps can be adjusted to reach higher or lower across your chest. Also a huge plus is if you don't want to use the waist straps there are openings so they can be tucked back into the bladder compartment and not annoyingly blowing in the wind. All the straps are comfortable but it's small enough that I feel it would be difficult to pack this so heavy that the harness would be uncomfortable.I usually pack a t-shirt, sweat shirt, change of hiking pants, a cap, a 1.5 liter hydration bladder and 2 one-liter water bottles in the side pockets and I still have extra room for odds and ends but best of all, the pack stays small. It doesn't bulge. This is a huge plus IMO. The small pocket is surprisingly deep and good for keys, phone and wallet but lacks any organizing sub-pockets. I feel like a scavenger hunter when I'm searching thru that pocket because if it's full you never know what is where. The other small snafu is the fact that the adjustable side straps do not have a quick-release buckle so you have to zip or unzip the pack until you get to the side strap then you have to push the zipper under the strap to continue.

So, my likes and dislikes

Pros:
+Small but holds a lot without becoming bulky
+Very comfy, even for a slightly huskier built person like me
+Holds a 1.5 liter hydration bladder closer to the small of your back where it nestles in for a natural feel
+Adjustable height and width of chest straps
+Hideaway waist straps

Cons
-No small organizational sub-pockets
-Side straps impede continuous zipping and unzipping
on March 18, 2017
I got this backpack as a gift for a guy I was dating. He liked it so much that he told me he still uses and loves how durable it is... Even after we broke up. So it must be a great bag.
on December 6, 2013
I love Osprey backpacks. I have three different Osprey bags, and they are all excellent, high-quality products.

This bag goes with me everywhere I go. It is extremely durable. I have been using it every day for over a year now and it looks just as good as it was the day I bought it. No rips, no busted seams, no zipper issues. I am not very careful with it, it has withstood being thrown around and getting wet and dirty and abused. I take it to work every day, but I've also used it hiking, climbing, and even spelunking.

This bag is not huge, but it can hold more than you would think. It comfortably holds my rain jacket, a light hoody, a toiletries bag, my computer and phone chargers, and my lunch in the big pocket. I can fit a change of clothes as well, but just barely. The small pocket holds my wallet, some pens, car keys, sunglasses, a notepad, and a bunch of other odds-and-ends. The hidden pocket in the back holds my 13" laptop. A larger computer will not fit. There are two water bottle pockets on the side. If the bag is stuffed full, the water bottle pockets get tight and you might have to clip your water bottle to the bag as a backup because there's a chance it will fall out.

If you want a durable, rugged bag that you can use and abuse every day, this bag is for you.
on July 8, 2011
I purchased the Osprey Daylight Pack to complement an Osprey Porter 46 travel pack, or the Antler New Size Zero 22-inch case, for trips where a true backpack would make a better "personal item" than a bag carried by a shoulder strap. The construction matches the quality of the Porter 46. The back of the bag, and its straps, have mesh to improve comfort during warm weather. Capacity for most days would be enough to carry not only my incidental items, but also those for my wife. An alternative to this bag, slightly more expensive, but cooler in really hot weather, would be a Mountainsmith Day Pack, which carries as a very large belt bag, also highly recommended. Fur day outings in a very urban area, I favor a Tom Bihn Medium Cafe Bag, which of these three, is the easiest to pack inside another bag.
on July 8, 2012
Just started biking regularly the Falling Water Trail which runs between Concord and Jackson, Michigan. I needed a back pack to haul my stuff -- In small pouch: keys, wallet, cell phone, pocket knife, gum, loose change...In large pouch: water shoes for swimming and fishing at Lime Lake...fishing gear...rod, reel, small tackle box...bait container...small towel...a couple of pieces of fruit..tube of sunscreen... -- and found this pack quite adequate; I still had at least a third of the space unused in the large pouch.

Compared to my son's old school pack, which was like carrying an elephant on my back, this pack felt very light and comfortable (I'm 6'6" and 250 lbs) even with all of my aforementioned stuff on board. Used it for the first time this morning and thought it worked well on my 13 mile ride.

Agree with previous reviewer that it would be nice to have some compartmental pockets to help organize things better, and you have to be careful with the top zipper to the large pouch(I got it all jammed up from the get go, but that was just carelessness on my part). I just ordered the 3L hydropack (thought it came with the back pack???)

Bottom line - I like this pack...light, small, looks terrific (I got the Tundra Green) and, so far, enough space for my daily bike rides.
on July 20, 2012
I highly recommend this pack. The size is perfect as a summit scramble bag or daypack. In my case, it holds a little first aid kit, rain gear, and lunch for two, with a hydration bladder and a decently sized dslr camera, lens, and a modified spotting scope tripod strapped to the outside. Amazing for a pack this size. I keep finding uses for the pack around camp as well. I take the foam pad out of the back of the hydration pocket and leave it in my truck. I can then roll the bag up into a tight package and stuff it in the bottom of my main pack, and it hardly takes up any room. Or I just strap it to my main pack if I need more space to pack things. Stuff a jacket in it and you have something soft to sit on while cooking your evening meal. This pack is now my go to for camera bag, fishing vest, day hiker, backpacking utility, and lunch to the office workhorse. Just get it, it's awesome.
on October 29, 2012
I have used this pack daily to and from for at least two years. It is an ideal size for newspaper, 8.5 x 11 folders, sunglasses, lunch, hard drive, calendar, phone, etc. The pack is indeed very light weight. I also use the pack as my carry on when traveling because it fits nicely under the plane seat and holds books, mp3 player, a light jacket, etc. And recently I used it as a day pack hiking for 3 weeks (from a base camp) out west and used the hydration feature. My only complaints are 1) that the pack is rather deep and it is a struggle to get to the bottom for smaller items; and 2) the hydration "ready" feature (if that matters to you....) is not so ready. There is no hook for the hydration bag so I had to improvise a velcro strap, which ended up being functional enough. Otherwise the pack is not showing any signs of wear even though it is in constant use. I would purchase this pack again.
on February 14, 2013
Super light and just right for a day hike. (I 've used it several times so far) Great on a bike too. Lots of room for lunch, gloves, hats, stove, shirt. The mesh pockets are big and feel sturdy. The shock cords are really only for a light fleece or rain jacket not much more. The zippered stach pocket is smallish. A phone, pocket knife, and compact camera fill it. There is a "hip belt" but its just a webbing strap with no padding. But if your load is light (up to 15lbs) you won't need it. The foam and mesh back panel is supportive and breathable. Nothing from the pack pokes you. It works as an additional 750 cu.in. pouch to Osprey's larger packs via straps. I haven't tried on my Aether 70 just yet. Osprey makes good gear, and this is another example at a good price.
on July 8, 2011
I ordered this pack for hiking and cycling, the compact size and collapsible straps make it perfect for carrying a decent amount of gear while staying light and tight. This pack is great because you don't have to worry about bulky metal frames weighing you down on difficult terrain; it has enough space to carry rope, first aid, change of clothes, a small lunch, and climbing harness/clips, it has a spot for a 1.5 Liter bladder as well (does not come with the bladder)so that saves room freeing you of bulky water bottles and also doubles as a nice laptop case for my 13 inch HP. Over all if you are looking for a nice pack this is the way to go, i got mine in pepper orange and have gotten a lot of compliments on the trail.
on July 21, 2015
I use this backpack all the time when I walk to work (which is two towns away) and walk back home. I also don't live in the US.

This backpack can hold a LOT of stuff, isn't bulky, and has been extremely reliable for all the years I've owned it. I believe there's a newer sleeker model out now, which I've been looking into, but until then, this has been the best backpack investment I've ever made.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.