Osprey Daylite Shoulder Sling
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Breathable, anatomically shaped single shoulder strap with stretch mesh pocket
- Front zippered stretch mesh storage pocket
- Large zippered main compartment
- Interior mesh organizer and key clip inside the main compartment.
- Designed to be worn over the wearer's right shoulder
- Total volume: 6L
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
A Lifetime Commitment to Quality
Since Osprey’s founding in 1974, every single product design bearing the Osprey name has passed through the hands of owner and founder Mike Pfotenhauer, undergoing relentless scrutiny. From stitching the first lines of custom-fitted packs, to meticulously designing innovative products with intuitive features, to forging personal relationships with the sewing operators who construct the packs, Mike has been the unbreakable thread that makes Osprey a top company.
Osprey Daylite Shoulder Sling
Over-the-shoulder carry combined with convenient Daylite features
Wherever you go, it's always nice to have a way to simply and securely carry a few daily essentials. The Osprey shoulder sling Daylite Sling uses a breathable and soft NeoSpacer mesh material on it's single, anatomically shaped shoulder strap for next-to-skin comfort. The front zippered mesh pocket is great for storing smaller items you regularly need access to, the main compartment has sleeves for organization plus a key-clip.
- Zippered front stretch mesh pocket
- Harness stretch mesh pocket
- Large zippered main compartment
- Interior mesh organizer and key clip
- Multifunctional interior sleeve
Daylite Sling Features
A stretch mesh harness pocket allows for quick access to small items.
Front Zipper Pocket
The front zippered mesh pocket is great for storing smaller items you regularly need access to.
The main compartment has sleeves for organization plus a key-clip, and you don't have to remove the pack to grab your gear; just rotate the pack over your shoulder.
|Daylite Waist||Daylite Sling||Daylite||Daylite Plus||Daylite Travel|
|Mesh Organizer and Key Clip||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Multi-function interior sleeve for hydration or tablet||✓|
|Padded multi-function interior sleeve for hydration or tablet||✓||✓|
|Harness Stretch Mesh Pocket||✓|
|Front Panel Shove-It Pocket||✓|
|Attaches to a variety of compatible Osprey Packs||✓||✓||✓|
Throw the Daylite Sling over your shoulder and go. Go where, you say? Anywhere. To the store, school or on a quick hike. While grabbing brioche buns from the bakery, or veggies from the farmer's market. Maybe storing your valuables at the festival or on holiday at the beach? Wherever you go, it's always nice to have a way to simply and securely carry a few daily essentials. The Daylite Sling uses a breathable and soft NeoSpacer mesh material on it's single, anatomically shaped shoulder strap for next-to-skin comfort, even on hot days. The front zippered mesh pocket is great for storing smaller items you regularly need access to, the main compartment has sleeves for organization plus a key-clip, and you don't have to remove the pack to grab your gear; just rotate the pack over your shoulder.
Product detailsColor:Amulet Purple
- Product Dimensions : 16 x 10 x 3 inches; 8 Ounces
- Item model number : 10001699DYLTSLNG
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : June 13, 2018
- Manufacturer : Osprey
- ASIN : B07DQ561KL
Best Sellers Rank:
#6,037 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #22 in Hiking Daypacks
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Unfortunately, I'm right-handed so I'm not thrilled with it right away. It holds what you normally would keep in your pockets (like a phone, wallet, keys, a snack, and maybe even an iPad mini if you want) and that's about it. If you are looking for a bag that holds anything else, then stop reading now and check out a bigger bag.
Thats a good thing to be small though because its meant to hold just a few things and is a good size for my run-around-town needs. Also on the plus side, its fairly well made, fairly lightweight and I always like Osprey zippers and zipper pulls. It unfortunately needs several improvements to be excellent even if it was ambidextrous though so I can't consider recommending this sling the way it is now. I'm going to suggest some modifications and hopefully Osprey reads this and starts on version 2.0 because I'd be happy to give them another shot if they improve this bag.
Here is what needs to be upgraded IMHO:
1) either make one for a lefty and another model for a righty or design it so you can switch off and be more versatile.
2) Add a D ring, a clip, or a useful little zip area on the strap.
3) Put a little quick access secure pocket somewhere on the back (like a hidden area on the backside).
4) Include an RFID area for a passport or wallet and add a scratch free zone for shades. You could do this in the front zipper area without the need for redesigning anything even...which leads me to...
5) Beef up that almost useless front pocket because it offers no organization, no padding, no protection and its see thru. Its made of the same thing you make stretchy water bottle holders with and that is just useless for the first (of only 2) pockets here. This is the first area of the sling bag that comes in contact with anything and needs to have a little padding and secure feeling. I won't put anything but unimportant things in there now like maybe some Kleenex. No way would I put a wallet, cell phone or shades in a flimsy, see-thru, unprotected front pocket. Its an easy and obvious needed 'fix' here and it really makes me think that nobody ever used this bag before they started producing it.
6) In the main pocket (second of the only two zippered pockets), there is a baggy pouch that holds up to an iPad mini but it just flops around there so nothing stays in place in that area. Get rid of that baggy material and use something that holds what you put in there in place. Maybe you could include the scratch free material in there so that we could store shades or electronics without concerns, too, or is that too much to ask?
7) finally, replace the cheap plastic little key clip with a substantial, secure and even retractable fob that can be used and enjoyed. I know you can do this because you have it on the Momentum and Radial backpacks.
Hey Osprey, make these changes and you'll have a beautiful little sling pack. Even charge a little more if necessary. I'd rather pay more for a quality bag than have one with so many fairly obvious shortcomings. Leave it the way you have it now and you are just disappointing your customers. Most of your gear is really great and I use my Tropos 32, the daylite plus backpack, and my old Veer messenger bag all the time so I know you can do it!
- Mesh panel (air can go through) on outside pocket perfect for slightly wet items or items you need to get to immediately
- Well designed main interior pockets with 3 organizers (key clip also)
- Nice capacity to hold water bottle and other essentials
- Detachable buckle on shoulder strap so you can quickly take off sling bag without lifting it over your head
- A bit expensive
The Bottom Line:
I use this bag on the weekends for just my essentials. It’s great for going to the beach since I just grab this sling bag and a towel. It has enough capacity in the main interior to hold my water bottle, sunscreen and some snacks. The interior organizers allow me to put my phone, wallet and keys separately. I also like the outer pocket since it has a mesh lining which allows air into the pocket. I put anything small that is slightly moist in there so it can dry. The bag is incredibly lightweight and stylish too. There’s also a buckle on the shoulder strap that you can detach if you needed to detach the bag quickly. Overall, this is an awesome shoulder sling bag for your essentials. It makes it incredibly easy to find things so you don’t have to rummage!
I’ve been using it regularly for a few months now and am modifying my review down to 4 stars. Glad I have it and like it a lot but...
1. It needs a pass through hole for a small bladder
2. The front outside pouch is too floppy to hold anything small in place. Maybe I’m using it wrong.
Original review with 5 stars:
This is a neat little pack! Great for short hikes or strolling around town. Colors match other Daylite bags. I use it mainly for a lunch bag as well as short daily adventures. The front pocket is made with breathable mesh so just remember that on rainy days. I put an IPhone SE in it lit up so you can see. Also I placed it in front of my Osprey Tropos 32L teacher bag.
Highly recommended sling pack!
-only .48lbs! (See pic)
-6 liters of storage
-main pocket has 3 pockets in it
-front pocket is breathable mesh (pic)
-adjustable strap unbuckles
-chap stick/bar pouch on strap
-easily rotates around body
-may be overlooked due to price
Top reviews from other countries
I too took a star off, as it looks a lot darker than the image. I was expecting it to be a more vibrant colour when in fact its quite dark and dull - see my pic compared with the stock image above.
I Suspect the colour change in the padded shoulder area might grate on me, as it looks like it is twisted and needs correcting, but its a design feature. I love osprey bags, and have a couple of them, i have high hopes for this one too :)