Consider these available items
Osprey Youth Jet 12 Backpack (Prior Season)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Panel load access provides easy way to load and unload gear
- Mesh side pockets help keep items like water bottles readily accessible
- Small external pocket keeps gear organized and items like snacks and sunscreen accessible
- An expandable front stash pocket comes in handy to stash extra layers
- The external reservoir sleeve provides an easy way to access a reservoir whether the pack is full or empty
- One interior zipper pocket. One exterior zipper pocket and three exterior.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Since Osprey’s founding in 1974, every single product design bearing the Osprey name has passed through the hands of owner and founder Mike Pfotenhauer, undergoing relentless scrutiny. From stitching the first lines of custom-fitted packs, to meticulously designing innovative products with intuitive features, to forging personal relationships with the sewing operators who construct the packs, Mike has been the unbreakable thread that makes Osprey a top company.
Osprey Jet 12 Kid's Hiking Pack
Osprey’s Jet 12 is just right for first time hikers who are big enough to carry their own gear. The mesh back panel provides ventilation and the fleece-lined shoulder harness is extra comfortable all day long. The external zippered pocket is perfect for snacks or lip balm while the internal zippered pocket is good for small items. Dual stretch mesh side pockets give youngsters a place to store new found outdoor treasures. There’s also an external reservoir pocket to make refills easy.
- Small external zippered pocket for sundries
- Lower web loop attachment points for lashing extra gear
- Dual stretch mesh side pockets for water bottles or snacks
- Small internal zippered pocket secures small items
- Large front stretch mesh pocket for quick storage
- External reservoir sleeve makes refilling easy
- Stretch mesh harness pocket
- Front panel access to main compartment for easy packing and unpacking
Osprey’s Jet 12 is just right for first time hikers who are big enough to carry their own gear. Although sized for kids, this pack has features also found on Osprey’s adult sized packs. The mesh back panel provides ventilation and the fleece-lined shoulder harness is comfortable all-day long. A webbing hip belt with mesh wings and a sternum strap keep the pack stable, even when the wearer is running full tilt. The pack has number of pockets to keep your kid organized. The external zippered pocket is perfect for snacks or lip balm while the internal zippered pocket is good for small items that need a more secure home. Dual stretch mesh side pockets give youngsters a place to store new found outdoor treasures such as shiny rocks or colorful leaves. There’s also a stretch mesh pocket on the shoulder strap for easy access to an energy bar or fruit roll up. An external reservoir pocket makes refills easy and reduces the chance of moisture inadvertently entering the main compartment. Because Osprey knows the secret to a happy kid is warmth and the secret to warmth is always having a dry layer.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 15 x 7 x 9 inches; 13.2 Ounces
- Item model number : 038212-309-1-O/S
- Department : Unisex-kids
- Date First Available : June 25, 2014
- Manufacturer : Osprey Packs
- ASIN : B00M45602G
Best Sellers Rank:
#369,156 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #166 in Internal Frame Hiking Backpacks
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It keeps the weight off my boy's shoulders and puts it where it belongs, on his hips. He was using a school type backpack before I bought him this and with 5-8lbs would tell me his shoulders hurt after about a mile or two.
Since using this we've been on a few 4-6 mile hikes and I don't hear anything about sore shoulders with about 10lbs... Success!!! Reference child is 46 inches and weighs about 50lbs and the adjustments are at the minimum, construction is good, should last him a couple of years just long enough to break in my second child ;-)
Remember, when introducing children to backpacking start short, keep the pack light (rule of thumb keep the pack under 20% of their body weight), take frequent breaks and above all have fun!
This is our 5th Osprey backpack in the family, we've really not found another brand we like better!! The quality is perhaps a bit more than is needed for a kid, but we are passing it on to the next kiddo as well. It is nice knowing it won't fall apart mid-trip.