Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 65 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on April 7, 2013
These are exceptionally nice crochet hooks ESPECIALLY for the price. The handles are lovely, feel nice in the hand and easy to use. The hook part is the usual metal hook you can buy at any craft store inserted and glued into the handles which is just fine. My one small complaint is that two of the smallest hooks had tiny burrs on the metal - all fixable with a fine piece of sandpaper therefore the 4 stars. I would not allow this tiny problem to stop me from buying them again. Since I own other hooks in various metals and woods, even in these sizes, I was most interested in the hooks with these hand friendly handles. If I did not already own a $100 set of Tulip Etimo hooks in the larger sizes I would not hesitate to buy the Ostart in the larger sizes also. Even though I probably will rarely use the smallest sizes I'm happy with all of the hooks, glad I bought them and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They do take a bit of time to show up in your mail box since they are shipped directly from China.
on May 25, 2013
These are the best crochet hooks I have ever used!
The handles fit extremely comfortably in the hands, enabling better control of the hook
with a looser, more comfortable grip. The oval shape of the handle means the crochet hook isn't
constantly dropping and rolling into remote places!
Trying out my new needles I crocheted for hours, astonished at the comfort and ease with
which I was making thousands of stichs!
The price is amazing. Buy this even if you think you will only be using the biggest of the hooks!
One Clover crochet hook can cost almost as much as this set!
I recommend the clover brand as well ( they also have no-roll handles!)
I think the ostart brand is maybe even better although so much cheaper!!
on June 25, 2014
It isn't just these, I have bought a few different brands and for small hooks this is true for all which are not steel.

I do not know how anyone can crochet with these. The metal?? must be so weak that a proper hook cannot be used. I cannot keep the thread on the hook without keeping the thread taunt which defeats the purpose of the nice handle to relieve pressure on hands as I have nerve damage in fingers and wrist from years of office filing and other repetitive tasks. With my steel hooks I can complete a double crochet without looking, just by feel, but they have small handles. I am not returning as the postage is expensive.
on November 5, 2014
perfection for this older person with achy hands. these are sooth and shaped just right. much easier to use than plastic or metal.

Addendum; Very nice for my arthritis. I can crochet mush longer than with regular hooks. May buy a set for my friend. someone asked the sizes. it is list as 0,75mm to 3.5 mm. I don't know how that translates into the old hook sizes. They are for finer work with thread or really thin yarn. I am now looking for som in the 'H' - 'J' range for afghans. I will never buy another all metal hook.
on May 4, 2014
My mom bought these for her new hobby of crocheting. She loves them. They work great for her since she has arthritis in her hands. She doesn't have to worry about them rolling anywhere either. They are perfect and they look great too!
on March 9, 2014
These hooks are a fabulous bargain. Great balance and weight with a handle that feels good in the hand. I gave it 4 stars because I needed to polish the smallest hook to take off a burr. Will purchase larger size hooks when available.
on April 24, 2015
the sizes are written in millimeter and in chinese. if you need american sizing conversions (such as size 4 / 7 / 10, etc., good luck finding a chart with the information you need. every chart i looked up on the internet has different information. it would be good if the hooks were already labeled in american sizes as well.
otherwise, the hooks are good quality. i just am not sure if i am using the correct size hook according to my pattern.
on May 28, 2014
I give it 5 stars because for this price these are exceptionally good! I haven't found so many hooks in number for this price in any craft store that I have visited. I like the wooden handle which helps to have ease of use even though they are so thin! And really like the zip-lock cover it comes with, helps me keep them all in one place. I use these hooks to crochet with crochet thread. The biggest size can be used with wool too. I'm a satisfied customer!! Would recommend to anyone who crochets with crochet thread!
on February 6, 2015
Love these! I really searched for a set of steel crochet hooks and was definitely happy about the price....I feel like these are one of the best deals I have gotten on Amazon.com.....really great feel in my old hands...and its great to have the complete collection...sometimes your thread needs a different size from what is stated....kind of a personal preference..so you have it all in this collection...I am thrilled!
on March 28, 2014
Hi, I bought this product before from the same seller and it was a gift for my older sister and she loved it soo much since she was looking for complet set with difrent sizes and wooden handles, so I search in amazons and found this set with the typical features and when I gave it to her she become happy and since that time she is using it regularly with out any complains, and when her friends saw it with her they like it too so she asked me to buy another sets for her friends to give it as a gift.