- Paperback: 276 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (March 5, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0632052635
- ISBN-13: 978-0632052639
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 0.9 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.1 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,515,528 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Osteopathic Medicine: Philosophy, Principles and Practice 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“This is a very interesting book that provokes thought and gives depth to practising osteopathy….well worth a read.”
From the Back Cover
This is the first textbook on osteopathic medicine to complement the dominant 'medical' model of education. Drawing from the achievements and ideas of the past as well as present-day practice, it provides an organic yet scientific approach which is uniquely osteopathic. Using the work of its founder, Dr. Andrew Taylor Still, and the philosophy of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, McKone shows how true osteopathy is a philosophy, leading to principles and ultimately to a unique form of treatment.
This style of thinking brings the philosophy, principles and clinical practice to life for the student and qualified practitioner. Anatomy, physiology, signs and symptoms all merge at the point of treatment. Students and practitioners will find this book invaluable as it will allow them to bring together all their osteopathic training into a coherent osteopathic system of practice.
- The first book to demonstrate and distinguish between what is and what is not osteopathic
- Takes an organic and humanistic approach, fundamental to osteopathy
- An essential resource for anyone training, practising or interested in osteopathy, regardless of their college or school
- Provides a clear foundation, complementing the structured learning of students - something they have not had up until now
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?