Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 274 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 302 reviews
Wow, well worth the money, I purchased this about three years ago and use it everyday, it still looks and works like new. This is an appliance that easily does the job it is supposed to do, looks good, is reasonably priced, and lasts a long time, I didn't know appliances like this were still made, Who would have known.

1. It is very easy to use, I have never had a problem aligning any sized can. Seems to magically grab the can.
2. Even gallon cans that are too long, I place the opener on the edge of the counter and I can open them easily.
3. I have never had a problem opening cans that have deeper grooves, or shallow grooves,
4. I have never had to pull out my hand can opener and finish opening a can.

My very favorite thing about this is that since I purchased this can opener, my husband and grandchildren can actually open cans themselves!
on December 25, 2010
Well worth the little extra money. Cheaper openers need to line up the can, but if you get it close this one will grab it and open it.
on July 27, 2014
Very disappointed with this. I read a lot of reviews before I buy anything now. I learned the hard way (I got burned one time) to read, read, read as much as you can. I have found that most everything you buy is going to have someone give it a bad review. This I thought would be just what I needed, it's tall so I can use it on one of the largest cans, but it has no power to it. I couldn't believe how weak this is. It sounds like a car that won't start, and I tried another one but it did the same thing.
on February 28, 2016
I got this can opener in 2012 here we are on 2016 and it's still going strong. This is so easy to use just place the can under and it adjusts to the size of the can and when you press down you can just let it open while you do other things. Before this I always used manual can openers. They all suck so bad. The knife sharpener is eh, I kind of forgot about it to be honest, but this can opener has surpassed my expectations and I will purchase again in the future!
on December 28, 2013
This thing has opened less than 20 cans and it's shot. The blade doesn't cut straight, and wanders out to the middle of the can. The motor strains with every can. A GI can opener is quicker and easier. Don't waste your money.
on January 23, 2013
I really liked the look of this can opener...1st one I received the front was scratched up and smudged, like it had been used.....returned it for a replacememnt....2nd one was also scratched and smudged...but not as bad as the 1st one...I was going to keep until I opened my first can....the paper from the can got shredded and caught in the cutting gear...had to clear the paper out of the gear...wasn't going to deal with this everything time I opened a can....returned and am looking for another can opener.
on February 5, 2017
My grandma's 1970's can opener gave up the ghost so I bought another one, same brand and it struggled with small cans and forget tall cans. Got another for Christmas; same problem! This Oster opens small and tall cans as advertised!
on March 23, 2014
I wanted an electric can opener and got this one based on the reviews and the price and haven't been disappointed. It's easy to clean and the magnet grips the cans well, literally sucking the can into proper position if you try to use it and the can is a bit crooked, It does have a plastic casing and I prefer metal, but it seems strong and well constructed and doesn't interfere with functionality or looks I had to laugh when I saw one reviewer had complained and focused on it tearing the can's paper when she used it and this certainly hasn't been a problem for me (maybe tear off the label first?), in fact there have been no cons, only pros, My entire family uses it and is pleased with it.
on May 26, 2011
The can opener works well. It took just a few tries to get used to the "new" way to use the razor blade vs the rotating wheel that was on my old opener.
I find nothing wrong with the design...tall cans fit and the lids are removed easily, no complaints. I recommend it.
on November 18, 2015
I've had this can opener for about a year. It works, cans get opened...but the cutting mechanisim seems flimsy and this is the noisiest electric can opener I've ever owned... So annoyingly noisy it's caused people to comment from adjacent rooms in my house about how noisy it is....and it sometimes tilts the cut lid of can into contents as it's going around. Not my favorite at all....Am looking for a replacement.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.