Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener with Wine Chiller, Stainless Steel
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on March 13, 2014
So where to start, this looks great and seems simple. The issue here is sure its something that should work, but doesn't. You put it on top of the cork after you take the foil off the bottle. You still have to put your back into it holding the bottle and the opener to pull the cork out. Now the best part is when you try to remove the cork using the back button it gets jammed in the space and takes forever to get it off the corkscrew. I have found it easier to use a manual cork screw.
on April 26, 2011
Ok. Perhaps I'm a bit unique in that I like---SCRATCH THAT!---I LOVE a certain Sangiovese/Syrah wine...so much that I buy it by the case and it is almost ALL I drink. Well, I thought this electric wine opener would make my life simpler and ordered it. To my dismay, I find that my beloved wine has a synthetic cork and this opener won't work AT ALL to open it. :-( Ok, I'm agreeable, so I decide I will save it to use on the nice little Torrontes that I like in warmer weather. Well, I recently had occasion to try the opener on that bottle and guess what??? Yep, it has a synthetic cork also and now I have a USELESS product occupying precious counter space because I didn't try on the white until months later (I bought it in the winter) and now it is too late to return it.

I wish the maker would state that it will NOT open bottles with synthetic corks. Check which type of cork you are likely to need opened before ordering this opener. I am a very unhappy customer.

***edit***

Spoke with Oster CS and they told me that NONE of their electric wine openers work with the synthetic/plastic corks. NONE OF THEM! Also said that their product info doesn't state that they do and they are NOT responsible for the descriptions Amazon puts up. Of course this item is now outside of the return window. Fortunately it didn't cost an arm & a leg but I hate throwing away $$ regardless. Many, many, many wines now have the synthetic corks so even if I did broaden my tastes this wine opener has a GREAT chance of STILL being USELESS to me. SHAME ON YOU AMAZON for not EXPLICITLY stating this critical detail AND OSTER... SHAME ON YOU FOR MAKING A CORKSCREW THAT DOESN'T OPEN SO GREAT A PERCENTAGE OF WINE BOTTLES.
2727 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2014
Worked for eight bottles then died. Since the item is not returnable after about six weeks, we will simply let others know that the product is junk and should be taken off the Amazon site. I have used similar items from other vendors at my other homes which continue to work well, so this brand must be a cheap knockoff.
on January 27, 2014
This opener/chiller was an anniversary gift for recipients who live 600 miles from me. I had the gift sent directly to them. Very embarrassing: It didn't work. They were afraid that another of the same product would be similarly defective, so they replaced it with something completely different. I was very disappointed. I've always believed Oster products were reliable.
on March 14, 2014
After a couple months of normal use (2-3 times a week), the corkscrew broke off the metal shaft while attempting to open a wine bottle with a typical soft wood cork. Don't waste your money on this poor-quality product.
on December 20, 2012
I bought this wine opener with chiller last Christmas and gave it to my friend. Next time we gathered at his home, he had a chilled white wine waiting for us. he tried to open the wine with this opener for the first time, in our presence, and he couldn't. I tried it with another wine and I couldn't either. We finally used another manual opener and enjoyed out wine. I told him that I will replace his gift with another, but he insisted that he liked the chiller and would rather keep it. If you think the chiller alone is worth the money, go ahead, if not save yourself some money.
on March 14, 2015
Loved it , but I just got it about a month ago. It was great, and it broke today!! I missed the return date by (1) day. What a bummer.
I can't believe that they won't stand by it when I just found this out today. So beware , as it works, but it didn't last that long. I
feel like that they should stand behind this. Today is only March 14. So I guess you have to do more research. I thought that Oster was
a reputable company. I could see it if I had had it for 2 or 3 months, but come on. So I am very disappointed with the way they are not standing
up for this product. By the way the return date was March 13!!!! Not a happy camper!!
on January 18, 2011
I bought this for a Christmas gift and we left it charging for 24 hours and it still did not have enough strenght to pull out a cork which we tried on both regular a cork and the type waxed cork. It would not fully charge. The light was still red after 24 hours, but we still tried it anyways. I will be returning it
99 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2014
UPDATED REVIEW 5/14: No longer works. This seems to be consistent with several other reviews. We used several times a week for about 4 months, and then it just stopped...would get about 1/2 way down the cork and die. Would recommend if you don't use it often, but if you're a regular wine drinker you need to anticipate about $75 a year to maintain service with replacements.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Love this! It does better with newer than aged wines (and that would be to expected!). It works easily, we haven't had any problems, and the price was fantastic! I saw the same item (different brand) in another store 3X the price. I don't think the wine holder is necessary, and we use it as coin collector, but still very much worth it! I had the Rabbit, before, which I thought was awesome, but it doesn't even compare in ease to this. It really is as easy as holding this over your bottle and waiting without effort. Highly recommend.Cheers!
on January 7, 2014
Bought for my wife because she like her last one that lasted 2-3 years. This one didn't make it 2 months. Apparently a cork was not fully removed and when it was placed back into the charger it never recharged. So after a couple of weeks I finally got around to removing the cork. Too bad the battery would not take a charge any more. Just threw it away today. Junk!