Oster 5711 Mechanical Food Steamer, White
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Generates steam in less than a minute, letting cooking start immediately
- Double-tiered 6.1-quart capacity holds a variety of foods
- 75-minute timer, auto shut-off setting for safety
- See-through external reservoir helps to ensure steady steaming
- 3-4/5-Quart and 2-3/10-quart steaming bowls, collapsible steaming trays; includes 8 egg holders
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Make healthy meals hassle-free with the Oster 5711 Mechanical Food Steamer. With instant steam, you can start cooking and steaming any food immediately in this double-tiered 6.1-quart capacity steamer. The steaming trays are collapsible, making cleaning easy.
Top Customer Reviews
This will sound kind of goofy, but I would buy this steamer if I never used it for anything but hard-cooked eggs, and that's the truth. I've yet to meet an XL egg that peels without taking about a third of the white with it, and in way too many years of cooking I've tried all the tricks. The shell still comes off in tiny fragments, or big ones that leave craters in the egg. If I need to make a dozen perfect deviled eggs I have to cook two dozen and hope for the best. The top tier has indentations to hold eight eggs, XL eggs steam for 16 minutes, I let them cool naturally (no cold water bath or ice water plunge). Under a little running water the shells usually come off in one piece, two at most, EVERY time. When I need a dozen perfect eggs I steam a dozen eggs, no hoping involved, and because they're no longer a PITA to peel I keep hard-cooked eggs on hand all the time now.
This is also very easy to clean~ I placed it in the top rack of the dishwasher, is quiet, and very durable. A MUST HAVE kitchen item!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
...also s steamer food tip: Steaming is the best way to make "hard boiled" and "soft...Read more