Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Color: Black|Style Name: Blender|Change
Price:$20.30 - $200.00

Showing 1-10 of 1,490 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,663 reviews
on April 26, 2012
Sorry for the quality of the video, Amazon doesn't allow higher res videos but hopefully this will help you see what you are getting. Just to summarize this is a great blender especially for the price I was choosing between this and Hamilton Beach 51101B Personal Blender with Travel Lid, Blackand I am extremely satisfied that I purchased the Osterizer because it has a higher capacity, way more blending options, and a built in fan to cool it. In the video the blender locks up for a second because I started with just straight ice and a little too much of it haha but once liquid and other ingredients were added all was well.

Only cons are that it is plastic and that it doesn't lock although it is pretty secure.

Also As stated in the video I have run this blender on high for 7 minutes straight with no burning smell or problems the fan works great. The smoothie I made was the same consistency all the way through and very smooth. I would recommend this blender as an entry level device for anyone!
2424 comments| 520 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2016
Wow amazing job! It works almost perfect and for the price! I have a Ninja that has 3 buttons and it's expensive and it sucks! Then I bought a more expensive one that was soooo awesome for shakes and smoothies...i guess my brother put too many ice cubes in it that it got burned xD! So there goes my 200$ down the drain and I bought a cheap one that had 3 buttons and yeah It sucked BUT THIS ONE ROCKS! totally recommend it! ;D won't go wrong with this one! Trust me and kids can burn it every time! It won't hurt to replace it aagain and again... So far hasn't burned yet though!
on May 22, 2013
Had this blender for a year and use it several times a week to make fruit and veggie smoothies.

PRO: It crushes ice perfectly well, no problems whatsoever if you put in no more than 5 cubes at a time.

PRO: No problem with frozen fruit (I used berries) or fresh fruit. I blended tough mangos, melons, pineapple, strawberries, celery, carrots, beets. apples (and I don't cut them too small beforehand). I use the "ice crusher/pulse" button to break all the food down, then switch to the liquify feature. I even grated almonds in it.

Admittedly, the smoothies do not come out as smooth and perfectly blended as professional blenders (but also it might be that I'm too impatient to leave the blender running for several minutes at a time; I usually don't blend for more than 1-2 minutes) but they're not chunky, they're perfectly drinkable.

PRO: I was worried about the plastic jar, but it's proven pretty tough. Hasn't cracked yet. I wash everything by hand, so can't speak as to how well it holds up in a dishwasher. But it's not nearly as delicate as it appears. Very easy to clean and store.

In regards to the plastic top being a hazard by slipping too easily thru the rubber--I don't know how hard everybody was pushing it in; just don't push it in so hard and it won't fall in!

CON: It did smell like burning rubber the first few times I used it, but that's gone now. The blender is loud, but most blenders are loud.
You hear the ventilation on the bottom, but even after I run it for 3,4 minutes straight it doesn't overheat.

CON: The cord is very short.

CON: The jar does not lock in place, and the blender shakes when it's handling a lot of food or when it's on pulse mode. So you have to hold it, at least for the first minute until the blending becomes smoother. This is the only real con that I take issue with.

IN GENERAL, it's a fine blender for the price. Makes great smoothies, just takes a little care while handling.
0Comment| 238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2017
If you want to have as much success waking up your neighbors across the street as blending an intersperse of fruits, this is your blender. Noise aside, does what it should for the price. Not one to nit-pick on things. It's a $20 blender and behaves exactly as a $20 blender should. No issues ripping apart fruit. Chunks of Gala Apples, no problem. Haven't tried ice, but never been one for arctic substances.
THIS guy !!! This guy is my new morning Bestie ! I start each day with a low-fat smoothie, tore up my last blender making them. This stalwart little guy takes it all; ice cubes, chunks of frozen fruit and magically, effortlessly converts them to the silkiest smoothie ever~ WAY better than the old big clunky metal blender ever did. I'd be lost without it and highly recommend these for smoothie-making or whatever kitchen chore you have that needs a blender. The motor is a bit loud, but for what it yields, it can sing the 1812 Overture and I'd still love it. <3 HIGHEST recommendation~
on March 29, 2017
I think the best part of this blender is that Canning jars fit the base of the blender. Get at least 16oz jars. I havent used it a ton. Im used to a more powerful blender to make thick smoothies, so kind of frustrating for me .. still does a good enough job. So tired of Plastic bs jars that come with $300. blender which come with plastic jars that Dont last .. replacements are over $100.00 just such a rip!
on April 11, 2017
After a year of occasional use, the clear plastic piece in the centre of the lid fell in and and was blended.

I am giving this two stars instead of one because it appears to be strong enough to blend parts of itself.
on September 24, 2014
This little dude is amazing. We picked up some large mason jars at Walmart and we make shakes every morning in them. I would say that my wife happened to split the rubber seal for this, but we ordered 6 more for so cheap I can't even complain. With the Mason jars, the clean up is so simple It makes my live very easy. So far we haven't put anything crazy in here, and I can't speak for the jug & lid that comes with the blender. We strickly use jars and love it!
on October 3, 2016
This product has worked without any issues for the past few months.... Unfortunately, today I made a smoothie like I normally do with frozen fruit and the blender cup literally cracked while I was using the crushing setting and the liquids spilt out all over the counter. It is now completely unusable and the company is unable to answer my call when I called about a warrenty.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 18, 2013
The Oster 6706 6-Cup Plastic Jar 10-Speed Blender is one of the cheapest blenders you can buy, but it does work well. The blender is almost entirely plastic except for the blades and drive, but that's expected when you're only paying $20 for a kitchen appliance. It has 10 speeds, and is very simple to operate. It's fine for normal home use, but is definitely not meant for any heavy duty use. Don't be fooled by the "Powerful 450 watt motor of ice crushing power". It isn't very powerful, and probably won't last forever. But for $20, it does everything I ask for. One added positive is that my all glass jar from a previous Oster Blender fits this model too. The included plastic jar is fine, but is lightweight and does feel kind of "cheap". Again, this it to be expected for what it costs. The The Oster 6706 6-Cup Plastic Jar 10-Speed Blender is just a good, basic, cheap blender. There are no frills, but it just works.